Reflection - boarding/sea pass

wpgcycler

I'm a bit confused regarding the rollout of the new process for receiving Sea Passes. I know that Reflection has not yet been "Revolutionized" (revolved? Hoppenized?) but I thought I had read somewhere here that this has no bearing on the introduction of the new process where the sea passes are left in the room instead of being provided at check-in. Can someone who has recently boarded Reflection at FLL since its return from the Mediterranean please clarify? Many thanks.

I was on the Reflection over Thanksgiving, keys were given to us at registration in FLL port. Boarded at 1 ish and rooms were ready by 130 or so.  Was delayed on boarding since the ship had just come from a transatlantic, so coast guard etc had to do lots of inspections.  Keys are not left in room or weren't a few weeks ago 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2019 at 1:48 PM, wpgcycler said:

I'm a bit confused regarding the rollout of the new process for receiving Sea Passes. I know that Reflection has not yet been "Revolutionized" (revolved? Hoppenized?) but I thought I had read somewhere here that this has no bearing on the introduction of the new process where the sea passes are left in the room instead of being provided at check-in. Can someone who has recently boarded Reflection at FLL since its return from the Mediterranean please clarify? Many thanks.

The confusion may stem from the fact that while Reflection has not yet been revolutionized the ship does use the mobile app, the streamlined check-in process, and RFID SeaPass cards that are typically introduced once a ship has been revolutionized...  Reflection and Constellation were the test ships for introduction of those new technologies/processes in preparation for the introduction of Edge and  staged implementation across the rest of the fleet but the further ability to retrieve one's SeaPass card and to drop-off hand luggage at one's stateroom on boarding--as some expected in anticipation of full functionality---have not yet been implemented aboard the two test ships...

I cruised aboard Reflection from 29 November until 9 December...

• RFID SeaPass cards were distributed upon check-in at the terminal...
  • Staterooms were not available for immediate hand baggage drop-off upon boarding...  Rather, the conventional practice of announcing that rooms were available for occupancy occurred shortly after 1:00 PM...
  • The mobile app was fully functional once aboard ship...
  • Edge and the other revolutionized ships using Terminal 25 at Port Everglades typically use a facial recognition system upon disembarkation for purposes of clearing Customs/Immigration...  That system was not used when I disembarked on 9 December but don't know if the need to see an agent relates to all returning cruises on Reflection--for now--of if instead related to an operational decision that day...

Enjoy Reflection...  I had a great time... 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Was facial recognition used on reflection when you disembarked?

We were on same thanksgiving cruise and facial recognition was not used on disembarkation.

I believe, that it is normally used, however the system failed that morning and CBP had to revert to the old fingerprint and photo process. 

I did post about it at the time, you should be able to find it if you can get the search function to work.

We'll be on the Reflection in a few short days, so if the the seapass cards are rfid does this mean you can just hold them up to the door and it will unlock instead of inserting it into the slot?

And if so,  does the app work as your key as well?  Meaning you can hold your phone up to the lock and it will open? (probably wishful thinking) 

Yes, on Reflection you just need to hold the seapass up to the lock to unlock the door. The app was suppose to work on Equinox (we never tried it) but it was not available the last time we sailed Reflection.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

On 12/24/2019 at 11:16 PM,  Luvcrusn said: 

Am I correct in thinking that carry on luggage could not be left in the room before rooms were ready then?

You are not correct at least from our experience. We boarded on Dec 9 and were in fact able to drop our carry on items in the cabin before rooms were ready. Spent 3-5 minutes, dropped carry ons, put valuables in safe and then left the room for our steward to finish.

This was a very nice change from previous- made it much easier to walk around the ship (and find familiar faces at the important places like the Martini Bar!!!)

jed

13 minutes ago, JEDMELK said:
 On 12/24/2019 at 11:16 PM,  Luvcrusn said: 

Am I correct in thinking that carry on luggage could not be left in the room before rooms were ready then?

You are not correct at least from our experience. We boarded on Dec 9 and were in fact able to drop our carry on items in the cabin before rooms were ready. Spent 3-5 minutes, dropped carry ons, put valuables in safe and then left the room for our steward to finish.

This was a very nice change from previous- made it much easier to walk around the ship (and find familiar faces at the important places like the Martini Bar!!!)

jed

On Reflection? You are the first to report this. That would indeed be great news if we could drop off our carry on luggage before lunch. 

36 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

On Reflection? You are the first to report this. That would indeed be great news if we could drop off our carry on luggage before lunch. 

Yes, on Reflection. We were on Dec 9-20 and in Concierge Class although that does not matter. 

The hallway door was closed but we were told we can drop off carry ons which is what we did. Easy boarding as usual, just dropped in cabin and went on our way. 

We did receive our card keys in terminal and ended up with lunch in the main dining room because the Oceanview was a bit crowded and we did not want to deal with looking for a table 

Jed

7 minutes ago, JEDMELK said:

Yes, on Reflection. We were on Dec 9-20 and in Concierge Class although that does not matter. 

The hallway door was closed but we were told we can drop off carry ons which is what we did. Easy boarding as usual, just dropped in cabin and went on our way. 

We did receive our card keys in terminal and ended up with lunch in the main dining room because the Oceanview was a bit crowded and we did not want to deal with looking for a table 

Jed

Awesome news!

6 hours ago, JEDMELK said:

Jed

I was on the same sailing and was not able to drop off my carry on. The hallway door there was closed and crew said not until cabins ready. i guess it depended on who you talked to. 

Edited by Charles4515

6 hours ago, JEDMELK said:

It is good you had lunch in the main dining room. The lunch in the Oceanview was awful that day. Maybe because of the coast guard inspection. They should be ashamed of the quality and selection of what they served.

34 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I was on the same sailing and was not able to drop off my carry on. The hallway door there was closed and crew said not until cabins ready. i guess it depended on who you talked to. 

Or, maybe, who you DIDN'T talk to.   😎   

3 hours ago, Texed said:

Or, maybe, who you DIDN'T talk to.   😎   

On the Revolutionized Summit they made a big deal of telling us we could drop off our luggage in the cabin. The hallway doors were not closed. The cards were in our cabin. On Reflection they said we had to wait for the cabins to be ready. We got the cards at check in. The hallway doors were closed. Why would the doors to the cabin halls be closed if you could drop off your bags in the cabin? So I suspect someone let OP drop off their luggage because they went to the cabin but I don’t think that was the general policy. 

Edited by Charles4515

Once again, the only thing I can report on and speak to is our experience which was in a fact a conversation with a supervisor in the terminal who told us that we could drop off bags. She went further to say that the Reflection is the ONLY ship for which they hand out the cards in the terminal. ALL other Celebrity ships (according to her) now have your card keys waiting in your cabin.

The bottom line is that we boarded the ship, went to our deck and our cabin. We did in fact see a few crew members in the hallway and none of them said anything to us about this nor did they look at us in any way that would make me suspect that this was not accepted policy. Or, in other words, believe what you wish