Well, that'll leave a mark - Glory Damaged in Cozumel

BNBR

3 hours ago, F27TW said:

I was amazed a how the Legend didnt budge (or have any of its bow appear to be damaged) during that scrape.   Shows how well built a ship it is .. and how well the lines were tied too, i think (from a non expert, anyway!)  

Agreed, I'm not any kind of expert regarding boats, but it took the collision well. The Glory is doing well also.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 8:19 PM, Organized Chaos said:

I have only ever known midnight to be the start of the new day. In 24-hour (military) time, midnight can also be 00:00. When I served many years ago, midnight was "zero hundred hours." The start of the new day.

Both are used,  Typically 0000 is used when signifying the start of an even and 2400 when signifying the end of an event.

First watch 00:00 to 08:00

Second  800 to 1600 

third 1600 to 2400

Has anyone heard anything else regarding the damages/repairs to the ship or any further changes in itinerary?  I would also love to hear reports of how things are going on the ship currently. Any info is appreciated. 

56 minutes ago, funkidd said:

Has anyone heard anything else regarding the damages/repairs to the ship or any further changes in itinerary?  I would also love to hear reports of how things are going on the ship currently. Any info is appreciated. 

Everything onboard reported yesterday in a previous post on this thread to be proceeding normally. I doubt that has changed.

23 minutes ago, New Cruiser Girl 2 said:

Isn't Cozumel a Tendered Port ? 

Not normally. There are 3 cruise terminals capable of handling multiple ships, and Carnival built one of them (Puerta Maya) I think you'd need 8 or maybe 9 ships in port for anyone to need to use tenders to get ashore.

40 minutes ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

Not normally. There are 3 cruise terminals capable of handling multiple ships, and Carnival built one of them (Puerta Maya) I think you'd need 8 or maybe 9 ships in port for anyone to need to use tenders to get ashore.

Correct. I was in Cozumel last month and there were 7 ships in that day, all of them docked.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

It's like crossing paths with an ex for the first time after the break up.

Glory: "Well this is awkward."

Hahahahahahahaha! Too funny! OR: "You know, we just can't keep on meeting like this."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Glory docked next to Legend again, Do you mind not hitting the Legend this time Glory? Since my cruise is in like two days 😛

I saw that this morning and wondered why they didn't switch the piers for the Glory and the Freedom, just to be certain. Maybe since the Glory already had a few scratches they didn't want to put the Freedom at risk? 

3 hours ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

I saw that this morning and wondered why they didn't switch the piers for the Glory and the Freedom, just to be certain. Maybe since the Glory already had a few scratches they didn't want to put the Freedom at risk? 

Why???

If the conditions that probably caused last weeks incident were not present or even if they were.  Flipping flopping the ships would not necessary negate something similar happening to other ships.  I imagine the investigation is still on-going about what may have caused the incident.

On 12/27/2019 at 8:21 AM, Mutumbojimbo said:

There were 9 there I believe when we were there a few weeks ago. The NCL ship was tendering near where we got off of the Allure.

On 12/27/2019 at 11:13 AM, ParrotRob said:

Been a while since you've been to Cozumel?

The first few times I went to Cozumel it was a tender port, but that changed years ago.  There are three full terminals there now.

Ive only been to Cozumel once and I think ...well I KNOW I just it confused with a different cruise port .    

Arrived in Nola around 3:30 am, judging from a the noise. After that first day, the whole thing was practically forgotten. First day at sea was a little chilly, getting a late start, but since then we have had gorgeous weather, and everything was business as usual. 

Took a little extra time to unwind after that, and some other travel glitches we faced, but otherwise had a fantastic week!

IMG_20191227_082144.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monica887 said:

Arrived in Nola around 3:30 am, judging from a the noise. After that first day, the whole thing was practically forgotten. First day at sea was a little chilly, getting a late start, but since then we have had gorgeous weather, and everything was business as usual. 

Took a little extra time to unwind after that, and some other travel glitches we faced, but otherwise had a fantastic week!

IMG_20191227_082144.jpg

Have they done any more repairs? I wonder if today will be another delayed sail away? Just curious, as I board the Glory in just 35 days on February 2.