Parking at Long Beach Terminal? Or Hotel Options with extended Parking?

Hello,

I'm getting ready to cruise out of Long Beach in February, and received an email that the parking structure is closed. I've cruised on Carnival out of that port several times, and always parked in that cruise structure, so I'm not sure what the alternatives are? The letter said to Uber, but I am in South Orange County, and that's a $80/way Uber ride, minimum.

The Queen Mary offers exorbitant parking costs, even if we spend the night prior there...

Any other reasonable options in Long Beach?

At the moment I'm considering parking at the Pike Outlet Parking Structure ($16/day) and taking the quick Uber ride ($6) to the pier.

Would love your advice! I'm also open to spending the night in a hotel that offers extended parking if it's not $400...

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I did reach out to the City of Long Beach about parking at the elusive Lot A that I've read about on here.  This is the reply I got:

The only parking structure we have overnight parking for, which would allow overnight parking for a whole week, is Lot A (50 E. 6th St. Long Beach, CA 90802). With a monthly pass, per the parking agreement by the City, vehicles need to be moved every 72 hours. For the Carnival cruises, there is an exception made for Lot A so customers can pull a parking ticket as they enter the lot and pay the daily amount ($12.00) per day once they are ready to leave.

• 4 weeks later...

I got an email back from Long Beach City saying they only let you park at the Convention Center and/or the City Lot A for the 3 and 4 days cruises now....and NOT for the Panorama 7 day.  I wonder how they control it?

On 2/7/2020 at 10:52 AM, douggw said:

I got an email back from Long Beach City saying they only let you park at the Convention Center and/or the City Lot A for the 3 and 4 days cruises now....and NOT for the Panorama 7 day.  I wonder how they control it?

Its not a secret the day the Panorama sails-- I'm sure they have someone there that day to police it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sailing tomorrow and just got this letter, wondering what you ended up doing and how it worked out? Did you park at the convention center? Did you have to drag you luggage with you on the shuttle? 🤔

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

This forum is pretty much dead. Everyone just seems to use the West Coast Destinations board.

They use that board because it's the West Coast Departures board so clearly that's the one intended for use when cruising from a west coast port. This board is in the Ports of Call section.

20 hours ago, PatriciaF said:

Cruise and snooze at the Hotel Current:  Best Hotel Specials and Packages in Long Beach, CA | Hotel Current

Outside of reopening a thread that's been inactive for almost a year and a half, did you bother to read the web page associated with your link? It says that the package is "temporarily suspended" (for obvious reasons) so you can't even book that package right now and who's to say when or even if the hotel is going to make it available again.

4 hours ago, njhorseman said:

They use that board because it's the West Coast Departures board so clearly that's the one intended for use when cruising from a west coast port. This board is in the Ports of Call section.

Regardless of intent, until Patricia responded (to a post that was 18 months old by the way), no one had posted in the forum for over three weeks.

Sorry--it is my go to answer for these cruise park and stay and didn't realize it was suspended.  The other one that people recommend is not in a desirable neighborhood and right next door to a major medical center.  I have been on cruise critic for awhile because we haven't cruised since 2019!  Hope to make to Alaska with Princess -- all aboard this Sunday.