Cruising to Bermuda

19pamela68

Hello,

I'm planning to do a cruise to Bermuda.  Thinking of a 5 day or 7 day cruise.  So a 5 day would get me 24 hours at Kings Wharf and a 7 day would get me 48 hours there.  I'm not huge on historic tours.  But I do like beaches, food, drinks and night life.  How long would you recommend us staying there?  And what do you suggest we do, for activity there?  Thank you for your time.

To me, even 48 hours isn't enough. Back before the mega-ship days, the ships stayed in port for 4 days.... Thankfully, Oceania Insignia is doing a few Bermuda cruises this year, which feature 2 days in St. George and 2 days in Hamilton. Small ships are the only ones who can still fit in either of those two ports... the megas are all relegated to the Dockyard, which isn't that convenient to anything.  Definitely worth the expense of a premium line to actually enjoy Bermuda and all that it has to offer.  

• Like 3

On 12/20/2019 at 8:15 PM, 19pamela68 said:

and night life

As njhorseman said, very little nightlife to be found so if you are picturing the all night party atmosphere you can find in the Caribbean this would not be it. Even bars shut down fairly early except for a few on Front Street in Hamilton that cater to crew and locals and a handful of higher end hotel bars. Other than that I can guarantee you your ship will have one of the last bars on the island open. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

As njhorseman said, very little nightlife to be found so if you are picturing the all night party atmosphere you can find in the Caribbean this would not be it. Even bars shut down fairly early except for a few on Front Street in Hamilton that cater to crew and locals and a handful of higher end hotel bars. Other than that I can guarantee you your ship will have one of the last bars on the island open. 

Dockyard bars will be open, and are only a short crawl/walk to the ship!!

Not as “authentic” as Hamilton bars, but a good alternative.

• Like 1

We took the NCL Escape 7 day to Bermuda beginning of September and had a blast.  Left on Sunday and got to Bermuda on Wednesday am.  We spent Wednesday in Hamilton, Thursday in St George and Friday at the beach until we left in the pm.  Had a great time...  would go back again!!

• Like 1

Yep....take the 7 dayer.  We've taken a 7 day cruise to Bermuda at least 20X over the past 35 or so years and we never tire of going.  Planning to go this year on the smaller RCI ship that will dock in Hamilton and St George's (like the ships did in the past) rather than at the Royal Dockyard.