ms Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam in Port Everglades December 22, 2019

Scrapnana

Everyone is "getting out of Dodge" for the holidays - there are eight ships in port!  For those of you who are up very early, there will be non-stop sail-ins for about two hours.

Koningsdam will be at pier 21 (starboard to) from 0530-1700.  She is doing an 11-day Southern Caribbean Wayfarer Holiday cruise.

image.png.bb0107cd62f53e89eb0318bedc976128.png

Philipsburg, St. Maarten (25 Dec 0800-1700); Fort de France, Martinique (26 Dec 0800-1700); Bridgetown, Barbados (27 Dec 0800-1700); St Vincent, St Vincent and the Grenadines (28 Dec 0800-1700); Roseau, Dominica (29 Dec 0800-1600); St Thomas, US Virgin Islands (30 Dec 0800-1700); Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (01 Jan 0800-1500); Fort Lauderdale, Florida (02 Jan a0700)

Nieuw Statendam will be at pier 26 (port to) from 0515-1700.  She is headed out on a 7-day Southern Caribbean Holiday cruise.

image.png.67f939425e182e9c9850cbc2ac7f6633.png

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (23 Dec 0800-1500); Oranjestad, Aruba (25 Dec 1300-2300); Willemstad, Curacao (26 Dec 0800-1700); Fort Lauderdale, Florida (29 Dec a0700)

Also in port are Allure OTS at pier 18 from 0500-1630, Celebrity Edge at pier 25 from 0545-1530, Celebrity Silhouette at pier 29 from 0430-1600, Costa Luminosa at pier 19 from 0415-2300, Pacific Princess at pier 4 from 0345-1600, and Regal Princess at pier 2 from 0445-1600.

The PTZtv webcams can be found at https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ and https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/.

Also, Nieuw Amsterdam will be in Nassau from 0800-1700.  https://www.portnassauwebcam.com/

For the Addicts:  Lots of webcam activity -

On 24 December Volendam (0800-1700) and Zuiderdam (0800-1500) along with four other ships (!) will be in St. Maarten. https://www.portstmaartenwebcam.com/

On 25 December Koningsdam will be in St.Maarten from 0800-1700 https://www.portstmaartenwebcam.com/ and Nieuw Statendam will be in Aruba from 1300-2300 https://www.portarubawebcam.com/

On 26 December Rotterdam will be in Aruba from 0800-1800. https://www.portarubawebcam.com/

Next up:  Zuiderdam on 27 December.

Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to you all!

Edited by Scrapnana
  • Thanks 1

Sitting here at hotel, revving to embark NS tomorrow.  We've already met several other HAL passengers at the hotel.  Almost everyone staying here (Hyatt House) is on some cruise ship leaving tomorrow.  Weather is terrible: wind and rain.  More predicted for tomorrow.  Ugh.  First time we've had rain at embarkation.  I packed our rain gear,  LL Bean waterproof pants and jackets, so we won't get wet; however, I hope the weather miraculously improves.

We wont' be at sail-away as I understand we'll already be at dinner; however, we WILL have a wave on Dec. 29 sailing (if it isn't raining that day too) and we'll hold the yellow Happy New Year sign.  Anticipating a wonderful cruise.  See all of you on the flip side of 2019 as it slides into 2020.  

Mom and I head out for 2 weeks on Nieuw Statendam tomorrow. Made the drive down today which included high wind warnings for when we drove over the Skyway Bridge. Then on & off light rain across alligator alley. In checking the weather for tomorrow, yeah there is definitely rain in the forecast, especially later in the afternoon and evening. The wind has been gusty since we arrived and their are rip current warnings. When I went to walk out to the beach from the Hilton and saw the Eurodam on her way out and the Rotterdam was already gone i decided not to go. Stood under the 17th st causeway bridge and watched the Nieuw A go out as by then it was dark. After we do sail out i wont be surprised if we have a wobbly ride as Captain Albert would say crossing the straits heading to Half Moon Cay for Monday because of this weather. Will also be interesting to see how lit up at night Grand Bahama and the Abacos are after the hit from Dorian. Our cabin is on the port side so the side for being able to see. Oh and see how things go with our departure and late flights comming in with people flying in the day of sailing.

4 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Sitting here at hotel, revving to embark NS tomorrow.  We've already met several other HAL passengers at the hotel.  Almost everyone staying here (Hyatt House) is on some cruise ship leaving tomorrow.  Weather is terrible: wind and rain.  More predicted for tomorrow.  Ugh.  First time we've had rain at embarkation.  I packed our rain gear,  LL Bean waterproof pants and jackets, so we won't get wet; however, I hope the weather miraculously improves.

We wont' be at sail-away as I understand we'll already be at dinner; however, we WILL have a wave on Dec. 29 sailing (if it isn't raining that day too) and we'll hold the yellow Happy New Year sign.  Anticipating a wonderful cruise.  See all of you on the flip side of 2019 as it slides into 2020.  

1 hour ago, rjbean4 said:

Mom and I head out for 2 weeks on Nieuw Statendam tomorrow. Made the drive down today which included high wind warnings for when we drove over the Skyway Bridge. Then on & off light rain across alligator alley. In checking the weather for tomorrow, yeah there is definitely rain in the forecast, especially later in the afternoon and evening. The wind has been gusty since we arrived and their are rip current warnings. When I went to walk out to the beach from the Hilton and saw the Eurodam on her way out and the Rotterdam was already gone i decided not to go. Stood under the 17th st causeway bridge and watched the Nieuw A go out as by then it was dark. After we do sail out i wont be surprised if we have a wobbly ride as Captain Albert would say crossing the straits heading to Half Moon Cay for Monday because of this weather. Will also be interesting to see how lit up at night Grand Bahama and the Abacos are after the hit from Dorian. Our cabin is on the port side so the side for being able to see. Oh and see how things go with our departure and late flights comming in with people flying in the day of sailing.

Hope all of you have a great cruise and the weather improves once you are out of Fort Lauderdale!

Good morning from K-Dam. Looking outside one can already see the lineup of ships headed to Port Everglades. We appear to be about 8-10 miles offshore. Can see the Florida coastline clearly and all the lights. Up early because it appears we are getting sick! Guess this is the best day of the cruise to get sick. I heard lots of coughs and sneezes the last few days so if you’re boarding K-Dam you might want to wipe everything in your cabin down.