Disembarking in Dublin?

Mr. Click

Looking for anyone with real experience on this one.  We are on the Celebrity Reflection arriving in Dublin on May 27 2020 but our actual disembarkation is not until May 28.  Weill we be able to walk off the ship as 6am on the 28th to make an earlyish flight?

3 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

Looking for anyone with real experience on this one.  We are on the Celebrity Reflection arriving in Dublin on May 27 2020 but our actual disembarkation is not until May 28.  Weill we be able to walk off the ship as 6am on the 28th to make an earlyish flight?

That was my question and try as I might, I couldn't get a straight answer.  I ended up in booking a hotel for another night.

Dublin airport is quite compact and simple.

You'll got to your airline check in area and print your boarding passes.  You'll also print baggage tags and will fasten them.  You'll take the bags to the "drop zone" where your boarding pass and passport will be checked and luggage weighed.  Even if they are busy this shouldn't be more than 15 minutes.  

From there you'll proceed through security.  They are strict about the 3-1-1 bag, and want a quart Ziplock.  If you don't have one they will supply.  Security is efficient and should take about five minutes.

Then you'll be in the center area (the Loop) with plenty of shopping and dining options.  You will wait there until the board indicates that it's time to go to your gate.  Once that happens, you'll go through US passport control (CBP) and the TSA security.  If you buy liquids in duty free you can carry them on as long as they are in sealed bags, but they will count against your carry on allowance.  Also if you have to re-clear security at an interim airport there is no guarantee that they will allow you to carry them on.

When you arrive in the US you will arrive as if you were on a domestic flight as you will have already pre-cleared everything, which to me is one of the best things about Dublin!

I've only flown Aer Lingus out of there, so YMMV, but at the Aer Lingus gates there is virtually no place to access power for your device and very little in terms of food or beverage, so be sure you're fed and topped up.  There is a small bar with snacks, a coffee counter, a hydration station where you can refill your water bottle with filtered tap water and there are rest rooms.  But overall from the time you arrive at the airport until you get to your gate can be done in around an hour, 90 minutes tops, 30 if you have GE.

Thanks for all of the information.  We have called Celebrity and got a firmly definately. Maybe.  Because the ship overnights in Dublin We are hoping to be able to just walk off early in morning and make our flight without rushing. It seems that we should already be cleared into Ireland because we will be there the day before.  

• Like 2