Clothes to pack for Dec-Jan cruise

It will be warm during the day maybe even hot while in port. Chilly at night while ship is sailing from one port to the next or simply sailing on a sea day so I would suggest at least one pair of jeans or long pants and a sweater or shawl. DH packs a henley and a long sleeve shirt to wear over that. 

It will be much warmer than you're used to.  It could be a bit cool in the AC inside the ship.....so bring something light, just in case.  I always bring some sort of wrap...have never needed it, but I still bring it!

Shorts and tees will be the outfit of the day, unless there is a FAR-REACHING cold-front....check the forecast before you close your suitcase and leave the house!  More than 3 days out is NEVER accurate on weather forecasts!

• 2 years later...

I always pack for hot weather, and have a pair of capris, a nicer cardigan and a more casual light sweater/sweatshirt to cover anytime it's chilly (e.g., at nights outside). Plus, we travel from Wisconsin, so if I'm really desperate, I have long pants, socks and close toed shoes from my air travel day in my suitcase!

Only once did we have some unusually cold weather while we were farther out in the Atlantic during a 10 day (awful storms).

On 12/24/2019 at 2:58 PM, ducklite said:

It can certainly get chilly overnight, particularly when you are at sea.  I would bring a sweater or light jacket. 

In September I left Movies-Under-The-Stars to get a light denim shirt from my cabin.  That's the only time I was cold -- not even dinner or at the shows. 

I'm thinking of taking that same shirt (and tights) to wear off the ship in October and December.  I'll be heading back to the Carolinas, and I will need more than shorts.  

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2022 at 7:13 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

In September I left Movies-Under-The-Stars to get a light denim shirt from my cabin.  That's the only time I was cold -- not even dinner or at the shows. 

I'm thinking of taking that same shirt (and tights) to wear off the ship in October and December.  I'll be heading back to the Carolinas, and I will need more than shorts.  

That's what i do - wear the same thing back that I wore to.