Any Idea What Happened to 12/10/2020 Sojourn Sailing

seatrial

I was looking at the 12/10/2020 sailing of Seabourn Sojourn, 12-night Miami to Miami a few weeks ago.  This sailing has disappeared from Seabourn's  website.  The sailing prior is shown returning to Miami on 12/10.  I am wondering if the ship was chartered.  I called Seabourn and the person on the phone had no idea what was going on.  Does anyone know what might be going on?  

Thanks

Edited by seatrial
spelling

We were discussing Sojourn's schedule for dry dock a few weeks ago on another thread. Sojourn is due for dry dock in December 2020 as Seabourn has a 3 year cycle for each ship. Last time she was in was December 2017.

At that time we couldn't see a gap in her itineraries suitable for dry dock. This now 'missing' cruise could be that gap. Seems quite an error though to have produced an itinerary then pulled it.

Thank you for the heads-up, sea trial.

We are booked on this and have arranged already our own airfare. Now I am in contact with our TA. Seabourn is on the hook, as far as I am concerned, for any of our change costs.

More later.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Markham,

Please let us know what you find out from your TA.  It does sees odd that Seabourn posted an itinerary and then pulled it. It seems they would have known a dry dock was needed if that turns out to be the case. 

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

So far I have heard from staff on board Sojourn that this will be the drydock replacing the one scheduled after the 2020 world cruise. I have to believe them. But so far my TA believes it’s still on sale. That must be false if you believe it would only be pulled from the website if it were sold out. Selling a 10 Dec., 2020 cruise just this week is very hard to imagine.

So Seabourn hq must clarify. Anyone who has booked on a cruise that gets cancelled will have potential claims on Seabourn re also booked airfares etc.

Watch this space after Christmas.

Just to keep the interested in the loop, and as followup to my last posting, my TA still says Seabourn has yet to acknowledge that my booking will have to be cancelled with all that entails. Everyone else knows the ship is going into dry dock instead of the 10 Dec cruise.

When my refund and airfare compensation issues are agreed I will be back.

• 2 weeks later...

I know, I know... it’s been 13 days since I last posted about the 10 Dec., 2020 Sojourn cruise.

My TA has finally heard from Seabourn’s sales people that the cruise is cancelled. Now we are waiting for their terms regarding my out of pocket air cancellation and other related expenses.

10 hours ago, markham said:

I know, I know... it’s been 13 days since I last posted about the 10 Dec., 2020 Sojourn cruise.

My TA has finally heard from Seabourn’s sales people that the cruise is cancelled. Now we are waiting for their terms regarding my out of pocket air cancellation and other related expenses.

You already have air for December 2020? Wow!

Yes,  I do. I had to jump as soon as British Airways opened their site’s date to have a chance at using my Airmiles. But I was on the ball and got the flight I wanted. And now due to this cancellation of the cruise I will have to unravel that and I expect Seabourn to reimburse me for the costs which includes reserved seats. (BA is the only airline I know of that charges business class passengers to reserve particular seats. The amount are high, too.)

Of course with the next cruise starting on 22 Dec the airfares will be extraordinary and I doubt Airmiles tickets will be available. Watch this space.

• Like 1