Bermuda snorkeling? Is it good and where???

preschool teacher

I'm a diver, not a snorkeler, but have visited Bermuda several times.  I would suggest you'd probably want to go for a boat trip.  Bermuda has a lot of great, and fairly shallow, shipwrecks, as the islands are surrounded by barely submerged reefs.  As a result a minor navigational error results in a good snorkeling site.  The reefs are very healthy, although don't have as much of the vibrant color that you see in the Caribbean.  In May your waters temperatures will likely be 72-73 degrees (F), so you'll likely want a wet suit of some sort. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• 1 month later...

If you do not want to snorkel from a boat and do it on your own, you can head over to St George and go to Tobacco Bay. They had some of the biggest parrot fish there. We seen tons of fish, squid, anemone's and coral along the rocks. Achilles Bay (which is down the street from Tobacco) also had some decent snorkeling with fish and coral. The only other place we have snorkeled is Snorkel Park at the port. A lot of people don't like it there, but I have found a lot of interesting things there like octopus, coral and tons of fish.

• Like 1