Mitsugirly needed to ESCAPE from the cold weather

mitsugirly

Kim  --

It's been great following you, Sakari & Sam on the Review...

I've been very "sloth-like" on attempting to stay on top of this review!

I am so excited I have finally caught up - you'll probably add another 5 pages b/4 I'm back.

Happy for you to be able to go on this cruise & get around as well as you have...

This appears to be a good omen for your upcoming Spring Break Cruise.

Thanks for a Superb & Fun Review as always

Cheers

11 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

DAY 7: SEA DAY

I always feel like this is the day I start to lose people with the review and I'm usually so over it that I run through it super fast just to get the review done. I mean most people want to know about the ship and about the ports. So, if you are still with me during this boring last few days, more power to ya and you are my new best friends for sticking with it until the end. Dun dun dun....

Sea days are my favorite, so bring it on!!!  Enjoying all of your review, even the sea days. 🤣

8 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Ok, got it. We can do this. But did we do it right? From the looks of the glares and whispers coming from the table next to us, we must be missing something. Like seriously...it's a glass with a beverage in it...relax and let us drink it.

PC201235%20copy-L.jpg

I know exactly how you feel - I will never be wine-snob cool enough. LOL!!  Moscato is the only one I like, too. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, blarko said:

Perhaps the nosy neighbors recognized you from your reviews? 

So here's a question for you...  when people recognize you from CC, do you like it if they come up and introduce themselves? Or do you prefer to be left alone to enjoy your vacation with your family without other people interrupting? I imagine you must get recognized often.

So remember how we didn't get any bread? I looked around at everyone's tables and they all had bread. Were we being discriminated against because this is a "free meal"? I honestly think that we get the worse service using free meal tickets than any other time. I've noticed this on various cruises in the past.

Our waitress was zooming back and forth, but let's be honest...anything faster than a sloth is zooming to me at this point, and one more raise of a couple of fingers this time got her attention. "Can we get some bread?" She apologized and didn't realize she hadn't brought us any and zoomed off shouting "you're meal is coming right up" and had someone else come out with the bread.

PC201227%20copy-L.jpg

I ordered the Jumbo Shrimp Skewer with grilled asparagus (which I don't care for), sauteed mushrooms, garlic herb butter and sweat korean bbq dip and truffle fries. Now the skewer wasn't jumbo, just the shrimp. 😉

Notice anything missing from my meal?

PC201228%20copy-L.jpg

Yea, my sauteed mushrooms and truffle fries. I love mushrooms and it was missing and I had heard how yummy the truffle fries are. Ugh

The hubby ordered the pork chop with carrots and broccoli mashed potatoes and onion rings.

PC201229%20copy-L.jpg

On one of the many "zips" our waitress was doing I flagged her down again to inform her of the missing food. She apologized once again and then brought all of our food out on one tray and said "here's the rest". Yea, ok then.

PC201230%20copy-L.jpg

I gave Sakari the nod and she started on her second bowl of chidken noodle soup and we were finally eating as a family. Whew!

Edited by mitsugirly
  • Like 1

Hi all!

mitsugirly ~ I see Cozumel does have an international airport. I know my DB's flown there from either Toronto or Buffalo. If you were to go there for a holiday you could take a tour from there to Xcaret, that's a really neat park to go to, or Tulum, ruins near a beautiful beach.

I'm not much of a drinker either & never had a beer as I hate the taste, try as I might. Moscato is the wine for me.

Sometimes I order drinks like Margaritas, Pina Coladas, virgin & am a diet cola fan. Happy to have the free beverage package this next cruise on Epic so may branch out.😉 I've been known to order the after dinner drink on HAL just for the glass & poured the drink in the water glass.

Great job on your review & I'm still following.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Once this VERY long dinner was over with (I'm just glad we didn't want to see a show or anything) it was time for dessert. Sakari said she wanted chocolate chip cookies and they brought her out and entire plate full. She was very happy.

PC201231%20copy-L.jpg

PC201233%20copy-L.jpg

Honestly we were pretty stuffed at this point and didn't think we could hold anymore food. But, the waitress insisted on us ordering dessert and said she would pack it up to go for us for a snack later.

I ordered the "OMG" Caramel-Butterscotch Cheesecake and the hubby ordered the Warm Apple Cardamom Crisp only he said to "hold the ice cream" because by the time any of us might even consider eating anymore, it would be melted.

Well, guess how it was brought out...

PC201240%20copy-L.jpg

PC201241%20copy-L.jpg

Now at some point the hubby told her to "bring our wine over this way by our table" (instead of it being all the way over at the other table). Let's be honest, our service was so bad and so slow that they never once came back to refill our wine glasses. We needed it to be sat over by us and we'd pour our own. Now what kind of stares do you think we got from the couple next to us (which happened to be the table our "cooler" and wine was sitting at). Oh lordy.

PC201238%20copy-L.jpg

We finished off our bottle and I think at this point the waitress realized just how messed up our whole situation was that night and the bad service and she said..."Let me get you a bottle to go".

PC201239%20copy-L.jpg

I'm a very lightweight drinker. It doesn't take much to get me tipsy and being on medications...well, that takes it to a whole other level. There was no way we were drinking this bottle tonight, but I would pack it for home.

Edited by mitsugirly
  • Like 1

Heading back to our room Sakari wanted more pictures by the "pretty light". Daddy would endure waiting on us to do a full blown photo shoot complete with duck lips, glasses on, glasses off, foot this way, feet together...

PC201249%20copy-L.jpg

Daddy thinking he's raised a monster at this point. "Is this really what I have to look forward to in the future when she actually becomes a teen???"

PC201250%20copy-L.jpg

PC201256%20copy-L.jpg

We arrived back at the room and the pictures didn't stop then either. Mommy was a little tipsy and Sakari was really goofy.

PC201258%20copy-L.jpg

PC201260%20copy-L.jpg

I continued to pack and luggage had to be out by 11pm. Notice the color of the tags...

PC201296%20copy-L.jpg

A little more Guy Harv.....and she was already asleep.

I couldn't let these desserts go to waste so I took a few bites of each and off to bed we went. 

Edited by mitsugirly
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, acpalmer said:

You can fly right to Cozumel—it’s a decent airport and big planes/jets go in there. We can fly there nonstop from Denver on a few different airlines, but ymmv depending on your airport. 

They have open skate, but get there before the time starts— space is limited and they’ll assign you a time, but you want to be there to get a time. You must have long pants to skate, so Sakari should pack accordingly if she wants to do it. My kids just wore the dress pants we brought for dinner, LOL. 

And you asked about shows earlier—you should reserve for the aqua show and you basically MUST make a reservation if you want to see the adult comedy show in the comedy club. There will be a “family” comedy show in the theater usually the last night that you could get in without reservations likely, but I hear that isn’t as good as the adult show. No opinion on that from me because we don’t go see the comedians—just not our thing. 

Other than that, if you want to see the ice show, Headliner (changes each week), or the production show reserve for those.  I’ve only seen the ice and production shows on Allure, so can’t make a recommendation there. 

And then there’s the Broadway production. On Oasis it’s “Cats.”  If you want to see it, make a reservation. If you want my thoughts and or more info on the show, let me know and I’m happy to elaborate. I’m a show person—I love musicals and live theater. I have an English degree and teach English Language Arts— I know and appreciate good poetry. I have opinions on “Cats” and will share them if asked. 

Good to know about the airport. Maybe I have just never noticed or checked into it in the past because I know that Southwest doesn't fly there and they only fly to Cancun. So, I figured there just wasn't an airport. It's weird I have never seen a plane come in there either when we are in port. Maybe we can fly to Cancun and take another plane/airline over from there.

Good to know about the open skate. The kids did that on the Freedom and loved it. They will definitely want to do this again.

Taking note on the shows and booking them as soon as they open up. I'm going to go ahead and book the Aqua show just in case it can't be viewed from our balcony with the new renovations.

Yes, please tell me about the "Cats" show. Although we don't really care for the song and dance shows, Sakari just took a theater class at school and it might be interesting to her or maybe things have changed. I also think their costumes just might interest her as well.

14 hours ago, deedle7544 said:

OMG Phase 10!  We make everyone pay $1 and winner takes all!!!

That's really working for that money! It takes us hours and hours to make it to the last phase and sometimes it gets so late we give up because there's no end in sight. This is one of my oldest sons (Kennys) favorite games to play. They play it at his house at least 2x a week. We play more in the summer and head over to Kendra's house and play it on the deck while the kids swim. So much fun and laughter.

8 hours ago, Von & John said:

Kim  --

It's been great following you, Sakari & Sam on the Review...

I've been very "sloth-like" on attempting to stay on top of this review!

I am so excited I have finally caught up - you'll probably add another 5 pages b/4 I'm back.

Happy for you to be able to go on this cruise & get around as well as you have...

This appears to be a good omen for your upcoming Spring Break Cruise.

Thanks for a Superb & Fun Review as always

Cheers

Thanks so much for following along and sticking it out. It takes real dedication. 😄

4 hours ago, blarko said:

Perhaps the nosy neighbors recognized you from your reviews? And now they’re reading about their rudeness......they know who they are 🤣🤣🤣

Oh gosh I hope not. I would feel even more embarrassed now. Hopefully they are no one on here. #feelingshamed but #wasuncomfortable

3 hours ago, Two_UW_Badgers said:

I’ve enjoyed your review- thank you!

Thanks so much.

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Sea days are my favorite, so bring it on!!!  Enjoying all of your review, even the sea days. 🤣

I know exactly how you feel - I will never be wine-snob cool enough. LOL!!  Moscato is the only one I like, too. 

I absolutely hate sea days. That's probably why I prefer cruises out of San Juan. There's hardly a chance to catch your breath. I do like the last day to be a sea day though. That lets me pack at my own pace and not have to race after a long port day.

I have come across several wine's I like now. My neighbor goes to the winery very often and her father in law also makes his own wine and she's always bringing me different kinds over to try out. I like it that way. If I don't like it, I haven't wasted money on an entire bottle I'll never want to drink.

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So here's a question for you...  when people recognize you from CC, do you like it if they come up and introduce themselves? Or do you prefer to be left alone to enjoy your vacation with your family without other people interrupting? I imagine you must get recognized often.

Why sure! Introduce away. I like to make new friends. We can strike up some very funny and interesting conversations. That's how I got to know Kia on here. She recognized me from reviews on a cruise years ago, struck up a conversation and we hit it off so well. We cruise together every Spring Break now. I love her to death!

I have gotten to know many cruiers this way and I keep in touch with a lot of them on social media. I love my cruise extended family.

22 minutes ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

mitsugirly ~ I see Cozumel does have an international airport. I know my DB's flown there from either Toronto or Buffalo. If you were to go there for a holiday you could take a tour from there to Xcaret, that's a really neat park to go to, or Tulum, ruins near a beautiful beach.

I'm not much of a drinker either & never had a beer as I hate the taste, try as I might. Moscato is the wine for me.

Sometimes I order drinks like Margaritas, Pina Coladas, virgin & am a diet cola fan. Happy to have the free beverage package this next cruise on Epic so may branch out.😉 I've been known to order the after dinner drink on HAL just for the glass & poured the drink in the water glass.

Great job on your review & I'm still following.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Yes! I have always wanted to go to Xcaret but being on a cruise, it just doesn't seem like enough time and I would want to spend an entire day there exploring everything they have to offer.

I order those same drinks as well. I like the fruity stuff that taste like syrup. LOL

LOL at the after dinner drink on HAL. That gave me a chuckle. Can you imagine what the couple next to me would have thought and the stares I would have gotten if I would have done that? 😄

• Like 2

So our last day onboard and they were officially kicking us off. I'm honestly never in too much of a hurry to get off and today we had a LATE LATE LATE flight home. Normally we will hang out with the family or cruise friends on the pool deck until it's time to go but for some reason today was different.

This was our view when I woke up. It was somewhat cloudy for the most part and a little warmer than the last few days but still very windy.

PC201297-L.jpg

PC201299-L.jpg

IMG_2356-L.jpg

The seagulls were busy catching fish that was churned up in the water from the ships coming in.

PC201300-L.jpg

We got dressed and headed up to the buffet for breakfast.

I didn't bother to take pictures of our breakfast that morning because it's been the same most mornings and you've seen it all before.  At this point, I'm usually just so over the picture taking process and ready to go home.

HOWEVER, I want to bring something to your attention. Remember the conversation the hubby had with the head chef the day before about the bacon not being crispy?

This is what we would see today:

IMG_2345-L.jpg

There was a section for "soft bacon" and a section for "crispy bacon" divided by sausage just so you noticed a difference.

IMG_2345%20copy-L.jpg

The hubby said "Now see, they do listen to customers concerns or complaints". I told him "Yea, they want to make that lasting impression on you and all things will go back to normal the next day". I would be interested in knowing if they still have this onboard.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

I would be interested in knowing if they still have this onboard.

I'm not sure if it's an everyday thing, but I definitely saw it when we were on the Escape in October. I distinctly remember seeing "Crispy Bacon", taking some, and lo and behold, it was crispy! 🥓

23 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Good to know about the airport. Maybe I have just never noticed or checked into it in the past because I know that Southwest doesn't fly there and they only fly to Cancun. So, I figured there just wasn't an airport. It's weird I have never seen a plane come in there either when we are in port. Maybe we can fly to Cancun and take another plane/airline over from there.

Southwest does fly into Cozumel AND Cancun.

Playa del Carmen much easier for the mainland theme parks but it is possible from Cozumel, you just won’t get the full benefit of Xcaret. Although mainland beaches are much nicer than Cozumel they can have the “seaweed” problem which is why we haven’t stayed there recently.

19 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Good to know about the airport. Maybe I have just never noticed or checked into it in the past because I know that Southwest doesn't

Yes, please tell me about the "Cats" show. Although we don't really care for the song and dance shows, Sakari just took a theater class at school and it might be interesting to her or maybe things have changed. I also think their costumes just might interest her as well.

😄

Southwest does fly to Cozumel from Denver, so check that again, as that's what we take.

So the thing about "Cats" is that there is no storyline or plot.  Because it's a Broadway show, people tend to go in thinking that there is a story.  There is not.  It is based on a collection of TS Eliot's poetry (and not his good poetry, I must say) and the only loosely connecting thread is that you know in the end one of the cats is going to be chosen to go to the afterlife (die, in essence).  Cheerful, huh?  In addition to no plot, there is no dialogue.  None.  It is only and always singing.  I don't have a problem with that part, but it takes a great number of people by surprise.

There is one amazing song.  The rest are meh.  I'm sure the performers on Oasis are talented, but you can't make a bad show good with only talented performers.  I love theater and go all the time.  I love musicals.  I will not watch this show--it's just bad.  There is no earthly reason why this should exist.  If you are not a show person, this will absolutely not change your mind.  If you don't know if you like musicals (really, it's an opera), this isn't the one to test it out on.  Please don't judge theater in general or the quality of RCI's Broadway productions based on this show.

That said, Sakari might really like the costumes.  Is that worth 90 minutes of your time?  Only you can determine that.  If you go, sit somewhere that you won't be embarrassed to leave early--there is no intermission in which to leave and not come back and 90 minutes is a long time.

Are there people who like this show?  Absolutely.  I still don't recommend it to anyone.

28 minutes ago, acpalmer said:

So the thing about "Cats" is that there is no storyline or plot.  Because it's a Broadway show, people tend to go in thinking that there is a story.  There is not.  It is based on a collection of TS Eliot's poetry (and not his good poetry, I must say) and the only loosely connecting thread is that you know in the end one of the cats is going to be chosen to go to the afterlife (die, in essence).  Cheerful, huh?  In addition to no plot, there is no dialogue.  None.  It is only and always singing.  I don't have a problem with that part, but it takes a great number of people by surprise.

There is one amazing song.  The rest are meh.  I'm sure the performers on Oasis are talented, but you can't make a bad show good with only talented performers.  I love theater and go all the time.  I love musicals.  I will not watch this show--it's just bad.  There is no earthly reason why this should exist.  If you are not a show person, this will absolutely not change your mind.  If you don't know if you like musicals (really, it's an opera), this isn't the one to test it out on.  Please don't judge theater in general or the quality of RCI's Broadway productions based on this show.

Oh now this is just hysterical.  I've not seen the show (people dressed up as cats?) or the recent movie (I saw one trailer and ::shudder::) but my boyfriend at the time way back in college gave me this collection of poetry for some reason.  I guess he thought it was good?  I tried reading it and ended up throwing it away LOL.

I like cats, but not TS Eliot's cats.  Thanks for the confirmation that this isn't a show I'd be interested in.

17 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Glad you enjoyed the Oasis. It's definitely going to be a different experience for us for sure. I'm not quite sure how I will deal with it being so large with my limited walking, but I'm going to give it my all. LOL

I have found that there hasn't been any food we haven't liked on RC. RC has been number one with the food between them, Carnival and NCL. I hope that trend continues.

Do they have open skate at the ice skating rink? Or just for shows?

They have open skate times 3-4 times during the week but if you aren't in line to get a ticket at least 30 minutes prior,  it will sell out. Its only a half rink so they limit the number of people out there skating. We sailed Thanksgiving week so lots of kids. I would imagine spring break would be similar. You are so funny with the laundry perk. We are platinum Carnival and I do the exact same thing so I don't have to do it back home. I'm almost platinum with NCL so hopefully soon.   Did you notice if the Jimmy Buffet restaurant at breakfast had the fresh whipped cream? We love that! I believe it was reading one of your reviews many years ago that you mentioned it and we tried it and became hooked. We are sailing Escape for Spring break.

Our flight wasn't until 5:45pm so even though we weren't in a hurry, like always, I still just wanted to get off and head to the airport.

We went back to the room and gathered our things and even though the color of our tags were brown, since I'm platinum we are able to get off at any time.

In the wheelchair I went to get in line. They had a special line for those in wheelchairs and it bypassed a lot of people. I felt bad about it. I gather our cards to ding out...but wait, where is Sakari's? It wasn't in her lanyard around her neck. Oh no! She thinks she left it back at the room. We waited and let her run back to the room and not only did she find her keycard but she had also forgotten her school ID, left in the door/light slot. Oops. I guess it's a good thing she had to go back. (She wasn't the only child that had done this. We were all forming our own line of parents waiting for their children to go retrieve their keycards from the room).

By this time everyone that we bypassed and more had made it ahead of our wheelchair line and now I didn't feel so bad about it. Everyone was moving very quickly through customs and dinging out and off the ship.

IMG_2358-L.jpg

We get down to the port area with the luggage and we are looking everywhere for the brown color. Oh no, I started to remember that when you are Platinum, you go to customer service and grab a Platinum bag tag. Oops. We waited and waited. There was no brown.

The hubby went over to one of the porters and he said "Oh, those are this way" and led us out this huge door where we would find our ORANGE tagged baggage. Oops again. Man I'm all confused today.

PC211353-L.jpg

We headed out to the madhouse lot where you catch your taxi's and shuttles. When we had signed up for pick up service with the hotel, they had given us stickers to wear. It had the number on it to call for pick up and the bright neon green allowed the driver to notice you and stop.

IMG_2360-L.jpg

We waited for quite some time. I'm not sure if I'll use this service again in the future. The only reason we did was because of my wheelchair. I will always catch an Uber in the future as I have done in the past. It's just so much quicker than waiting on a shuttle service. 

When they finally pulled up, the bus was loaded. Immediately the people with empty seats spread out and acted as if they were asleep. Give me a break. You are not sleeping! I seen the lady peak every once in awhile. No one bothered to move over and we were forced to split up. They were so rude.

It was a long silent bus ride with the people "sleeping" no longer asleep. Imagine that!

At the airport, it would be a VERY long wait. At least I had a wheelchair to sit in and we snacked and snacked and then seats finally became empty and everyone just sat on their phones and talked to friends/family back home, watched videos and so on.

When it was time to check in our luggage we did so and went to security. Man they really put you threw the test when you are in a wheelchair. They ask me to stand and walk to the body xray machine. They ask me to take my boot off so they could xray it. I told them I could hop along if I was barefooted but certainly not in a sock as they were telling me to do. If I slipped and fell....oh my. I removed my sock, hopped to the xray, then hopped back to my chair on the other side. They patted me down, they xrayed my boot and it was longer than if I would have stood in line. It's quite the process!

Once inside and right before boarding, I wanted to use the restroom one last time. Sakari went with me and we decided to stop at the little store to get snacks. I bought Twizzler for the trip

IMG_2373-L.jpg

Sakari wanted Skittles.

IMG_2375-L.jpg

When we returned to daddy, he said "I bought you girls something to snack on while on the plane. I didn't know what you would want so I guessed and hope it's ok".

Here's what he got me and now I had 2 bags.

IMG_2374-L.jpg

Here's what he got Sakari and she now had 2 bags.

IMG_2376-L.jpg

See this is why we are married. We think exactly alike in almost everything we do. 😄

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

We got onto the plane first and took a seat and then we were off for our very short flight over to Tampa to catch a connecting flight. We were pressed for time with the connecting flight and I wasn't sure it was going to go with the wheelchair. I decided this flight to just check my wheelchair at the gate and use one of theirs between flights instead of having to wait on mine.

The SW worker grabbed a wheelchair and pushed me up the ramp and into the airport. I told him I wanted to stop and use the restroom and so on and ask if he HAD to be one to push me. I had previously asked this question on here about having a wheelchair and if my hubby could push me. I was told they don't allow it and they would have to be the one to push me inside the airport and they won't just allow you to go off on your own in their wheelchair. His reply was "do you have someone that can push you?" "Yep, the hubby and my daughter". "Ok then"...he stopped pushing and gave it to them. So there ya have it.

Now they made an announcement on the plane that there were 6 people on the plane that were connecting to Ohio and we need to "move quick and get there, no stopping for the restroom, no stopping for a snack or drinks" because there was not much time. There were people running to get to the other plane. I was already there and the connecting plane wasn't even in yet!!!

Also, that plane isn't going to go anywhere until they get your luggage off the other plane and load it on the plane you are switching to. But all was good.

I feel so sorry for these people standing out in the rain all day, directing the planes. They have to get soaked.

IMG_2377-L.jpg

Off we went on the second leg of our flight and on our way home.

IMG_2364-L.jpg

Pulling into Columbus airport and I was so ready to get home and also to eat.

IMG_2365-L.jpg

IMG_2378-L.jpg

HOME SWEET HOME! It was a successful trip on a broken leg. Whew!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dcipjr said:

I'm not sure if it's an everyday thing, but I definitely saw it when we were on the Escape in October. I distinctly remember seeing "Crispy Bacon", taking some, and lo and behold, it was crispy! 🥓

Really? In October. Hmmm....I guess I won't break it to the hubby that he didn't change things for everyone after all. But I didn't see it the entire week we were on until he said something.

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Southwest does fly into Cozumel AND Cancun.

Playa del Carmen much easier for the mainland theme parks but it is possible from Cozumel, you just won’t get the full benefit of Xcaret. Although mainland beaches are much nicer than Cozumel they can have the “seaweed” problem which is why we haven’t stayed there recently.

REALLY? I didn't realize that and I swear when I checked previously it was only Cancun. WELL YIPPEE! 

Is it "safe" over there on the mainland? I know I have read so many horror stories about the tainting of alcohol (and missing people??? I can't remember) in Cancun and that is why I have never went there before. I'm so excited now!!!

Yea, I'm not sure about the Xcaret. We'll figure something out. I know I want to go!

2 hours ago, acpalmer said:

Southwest does fly to Cozumel from Denver, so check that again, as that's what we take.

That said, Sakari might really like the costumes.  Is that worth 90 minutes of your time?  Only you can determine that.  If you go, sit somewhere that you won't be embarrassed to leave early--there is no intermission in which to leave and not come back and 90 minutes is a long time.

Are there people who like this show?  Absolutely.  I still don't recommend it to anyone.

Thanks! I'm just now finding out about this. This is GREAT news!!!

Interesting about Cats. 90 minutes?? Wow! Shows are usually 45 min to 1 hour. I will definitely sit somewhere we can sneak out if needed. I don't think the hubby or I can go 90 minutes without going to the restroom. LOL

1 hour ago, deedle7544 said:

Off topic, but y'all should try Karma King if you love Phase 10. Its at Target.

I'll have to check into that! Thanks.

1 hour ago, LeesaB said:

Oh now this is just hysterical.  I've not seen the show (people dressed up as cats?) or the recent movie (I saw one trailer and ::shudder::) but my boyfriend at the time way back in college gave me this collection of poetry for some reason.  I guess he thought it was good?  I tried reading it and ended up throwing it away LOL.

I like cats, but not TS Eliot's cats.  Thanks for the confirmation that this isn't a show I'd be interested in.

LOL

1 hour ago, Julienatul said:

They have open skate times 3-4 times during the week but if you aren't in line to get a ticket at least 30 minutes prior,  it will sell out. Its only a half rink so they limit the number of people out there skating. We sailed Thanksgiving week so lots of kids. I would imagine spring break would be similar. You are so funny with the laundry perk. We are platinum Carnival and I do the exact same thing so I don't have to do it back home. I'm almost platinum with NCL so hopefully soon.   Did you notice if the Jimmy Buffet restaurant at breakfast had the fresh whipped cream? We love that! I believe it was reading one of your reviews many years ago that you mentioned it and we tried it and became hooked. We are sailing Escape for Spring break.

Taking note about the skating rink. We did it on the Freedom and I believe that was Spring Break as well. We were able to get in but went early as you suggested.

How many cruises do you have to go on Carnival to start getting laundry? #lifegoals

I didn't notice any whipped cream. Of course I really wasn't looking for it either. But I LOVE that stuff!

I hope you have a wonderful Escape Spring Break.

17 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Interesting about Cats. 90 minutes?? Wow! Shows are usually 45 min to 1 hour. I will definitely sit somewhere we can sneak out if needed. I don't think the hubby or I can go 90 minutes without going to the restroom. LOL.

The original show was over 2 hours, as full musicals most always are, but they cut it down during the recent refurb and now it's sitting at 90.  We had originally heard that part of the time reduction was the cutting of intermission, but I just saw one person post that there is still one, so I might be wrong about no intermission on the shortened version.  Regardless, sit where you can leave.  To quote my musical-theater loving son, "No matter how bad you think Cats is going to be....it's worse than that."

Edited by acpalmer

6 minutes ago, acpalmer said:

The original show was over 2 hours, as full musicals most always are, but they cut it down during the recent refurb and now it's sitting at 90.  We had originally heard that part of the time reduction was the cutting of intermission, but I just saw one person post that there is still one, so I might be wrong about no intermission on the shortened version.  Regardless, sit where you can leave.  To quote my musical-theater loving son, "No matter how bad you think Cats is going to be....it's worse than that."

LOL at your sons quote. If they have intermission, that's probably where they lose a lot of people.