Mitsugirly needed to ESCAPE from the cold weather

mitsugirly

Thanks again for another amazing review, Kim! You always do such a good job. 😀👍

Here's some news for you: my DIL booked a cruise for her and my oldest son and asked if DH and I would like to join them. We're sailing on Serenade of the Seas in March on an 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise! It's my first time sailing Royal and I'm looking forward to cruising again and getting away from winter! 😁

Heather

• Like 3

Glad for you and your family that you could go on this cruise !

Wishing you continued healing and many good days in 2020.

Your Spring Break Cruise is just on the horizon (no pun intended !). I will be interested to read about your adventures on the RCCL ship- I think it is the Oasis ?

Always good to have something enjoyable to look forward to !

Bon voyage !

9 hours ago, tweetylori said:

Loved your report and pics, thank you!  It won't be until 2021, but when we finally are on this ship and I find they are still serving crispy bacon, I'll remember who to thank!  Love the Margaritaville breakfast tip also!  

Thanks and haha, let me know about the bacon. 😉

9 hours ago, bartzcrew said:

Another amazing review!

I will read anything you write Kim, thanks for making it feel like we are there. 

Here's to hoping you are back as close to normal as you can be for the Oasis!

Thanks so much and those are some kind words. I appreciate it.

9 hours ago, MzShae said:

Thanks for your excellent review as always! I look forward to reading your Oasis review. I hope you continue to heal & recover. 

Thank you and hope to see you in a few months over on the RCCL board.

8 hours ago, SMSACE6 said:

loved your review!  Glad to look forward to your next one too.  Oasis class not likely to be one that I will choose in the future, but I never say never, and no matter what ship, or itinerary, will always love to follow your review, and your adventures with the family! Thanks again.

Thank you. I appreciate it!

3 hours ago, SWPSquared said:

Thanks for the (near) info 🙂

I'll try to remember to post something if I find "The Good (coffee) Place".

Thanks for the in depth review.  I'm getting hungry looking at the food photos.

haha

Imagine how I felt posting the food pics. 😉

2 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

So I found Lexi from Mexi by searching on pet rescue dot.com and she was already rescued from Mexico from a rescue place in Canada and I picked her up from a foster about 4 hours from home she was six months old and had been at the foster for a few months.  I believe they are in contact with the Humaine Society in Cozumel and the rescue took place between those two orgs. There are many dogs listed on the site that need homes from Canada and the US. I was willing to travel to US as well but Lexi was the first little one that came up and I knew she had to be mine.  It was like adopting a child they really are thorough in making sure the dog was going to a safe place, they even sent someone to inspect my home and I had to provide 3 references and they phoned those people and interviewed them. 

She came with a few health issues and we had to deal with those but nothing major and we were so happy to have her it didn’t matter. However, she caught meningitis two years ago and we almost lost her she was very close to death but we got her to a neurologist just in time he saved her life after 14k in costs though but I told him it didn’t matter just fix her. Hence why I haven’t cruised in a couple of years😀

I hope you send pictures of the furries that were created today.

Great story and great ending for Lexi from Mexi. That's awesome! I'm going to check out their site. So glad your story turned out well.

It's funny because when Sakari was brought back from her friends house, they all had their mask and I thought about taking a picture. Man I should have!

55 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks again for another amazing review, Kim! You always do such a good job. 😀👍

Here's some news for you: my DIL booked a cruise for her and my oldest son and asked if DH and I would like to join them. We're sailing on Serenade of the Seas in March on an 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise! It's my first time sailing Royal and I'm looking forward to cruising again and getting away from winter! 😁

Heather

Thanks so much Heather. OH YIPPEE for a southern cruise! My favorite!!! I hope you have a wonderful time with the family.

37 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Glad for you and your family that you could go on this cruise !

Wishing you continued healing and many good days in 2020.

Your Spring Break Cruise is just on the horizon (no pun intended !). I will be interested to read about your adventures on the RCCL ship- I think it is the Oasis ?

Always good to have something enjoyable to look forward to !

Bon voyage !

So was I. I was very skeptical that I'd be able to do as well as I did.

Yep, the Oasis this time around.

Kim - love all your reviews.  Your pictures and videos are all amazing and Sakari is growing up so fast!!!!  What great memories she's making.

Your post about the couple staring at you in Cagney's brought back a memory from a long ago (2008) Costa Mediterranea cruise with our 13 and 8 year old nephews.  We had a great deal with beer/wine during meal times for $100 per adult for the 7 day cruise.  And believe me - we took advantage of that and had a blast.  There were 7 of us and we had set setting times/table so were always next to a table of 4 from Europe somewhere.  They always seemed to sit in the same seats but we would change most nights.  The one women seemed to stare at my youngest sister constantly.  Her 13 year old son didn't see it and didn't believe it till we made him sit next to his Mom one night and within minutes he said "oh yeah - she is for sure staring".  It was just weird and my sister would just stare back.  Very annoying but we still laugh about it.  

Hi Kim...fantastic review as usual...Sakari is growing up to be a beautiful young lady...you should be very proud of her. ...I cannot wait for your review of the Oasis...we are going on her from new York to the Bahamas at the end of may...I  really love the Royal Caribbean ships more than Norwegian... and have been finding that they are less expensive...been on the Anthem twice and will continue to cruise with them...love their interior space...so much more to do inside if it is cold outside...hope your trip didn't set you back with your leg...

On 1/16/2020 at 2:47 PM, BEACHBARB said:

Kim - love all your reviews.  Your pictures and videos are all amazing and Sakari is growing up so fast!!!!  What great memories she's making.

Your post about the couple staring at you in Cagney's brought back a memory from a long ago (2008) Costa Mediterranea cruise with our 13 and 8 year old nephews.  We had a great deal with beer/wine during meal times for $100 per adult for the 7 day cruise.  And believe me - we took advantage of that and had a blast.  There were 7 of us and we had set setting times/table so were always next to a table of 4 from Europe somewhere.  They always seemed to sit in the same seats but we would change most nights.  The one women seemed to stare at my youngest sister constantly.  Her 13 year old son didn't see it and didn't believe it till we made him sit next to his Mom one night and within minutes he said "oh yeah - she is for sure staring".  It was just weird and my sister would just stare back.  Very annoying but we still laugh about it.  

Thanks so much!

LOL at your staring story.

On 1/16/2020 at 4:23 PM, crusin fools said:

Hi Kim...fantastic review as usual...Sakari is growing up to be a beautiful young lady...you should be very proud of her. ...I cannot wait for your review of the Oasis...we are going on her from new York to the Bahamas at the end of may...I  really love the Royal Caribbean ships more than Norwegian... and have been finding that they are less expensive...been on the Anthem twice and will continue to cruise with them...love their interior space...so much more to do inside if it is cold outside...hope your trip didn't set you back with your leg...

Thanks and yes she is! I'm so proud of her in everything she does.

We have had nothing but good experiences with RC and hopefully will continue to sail with them. But I do have several cruise certificates to spend now with NCL. LOL  I'm sure I'll be able to do that in the next 4 years. lol  I sailed with whoever has a good deal and a ship that I want going where I want. I don't care which cruiseline it is at this point. LOL

On 1/16/2020 at 7:30 PM, SenatorsFan said:

I'll need to go look at your port reviews, 

Kim. We're sailing to a lot of new to us ports: Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia, etc. No A, B or C ports. 

Heather 

Heather, it's probably easier to just go to my website and go directly to the ports and find the port you are looking for. I <3 St Lucia. :D

What a trip report! I read this and Breakaway and about your injury and recovery.

What a trooper you are! We're heading to all new ports this year, on our Vision of the Seas southern Caribbean, Central and South America cruise. 

I know you will love your upcoming Oasis cruise. I really enjoyed Symphony, and we caught the aqua theatre show twice! It was just amazing.

I hope you are recovering well. 

On 1/18/2020 at 11:03 PM, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks, Kim, I will do that. I'm looking forward to St. Lucia! 😀

My absolute favorite snorkeling area of all time!

17 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

What a trip report! I read this and Breakaway and about your injury and recovery.

What a trooper you are! We're heading to all new ports this year, on our Vision of the Seas southern Caribbean, Central and South America cruise. 

I know you will love your upcoming Oasis cruise. I really enjoyed Symphony, and we caught the aqua theatre show twice! It was just amazing.

I hope you are recovering well. 

Thanks and have a wonderful cruise on Vision OTS. Sounds amazing!

16 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Hi Kim, I am back and ready to read your report from where I left!

Best of luck on your recovery.

Hey there! I hope you had a wonderful time! Welcome back.

16 hours ago, CAC104 said:

I love your cruise reviews!

Thank so much Carol. :)

I enjoyed your review!  You "saved" me this weekend!  Coming home from a road trip I stopped to get gas for the truck, while it was fueling I picked up some garbage and almost stepped over the fuel hose to get to the trashcan.............your images flew into my mind and I told myself lets not go there!  I went around the pumps to the trashcan.  I was surprised how that memory popped into my mind!  Hope you are continuing to improve!

Denise

12 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Finally got caught up! Excellent pics and review as always!

Looking forward to your Oasis review next. We loved the Oasis!

Thanks so much! I appreciate the comments and glad you enjoyed the review.

7 hours ago, CrabbyPatti said:

I enjoyed your review!  You "saved" me this weekend!  Coming home from a road trip I stopped to get gas for the truck, while it was fueling I picked up some garbage and almost stepped over the fuel hose to get to the trashcan.............your images flew into my mind and I told myself lets not go there!  I went around the pumps to the trashcan.  I was surprised how that memory popped into my mind!  Hope you are continuing to improve!

Denise

Hey, I'm out to save one person at a time. If it can be prevented, I hope the gory pictures are a reminder to everyone. It's not something anyone wants to experience.

I'm continuing to improve little by little. I have noticed some "walking" improvement since last week. I have my good days and bad days. But I'm blessed with every little step forward. Thanks for asking.

I have enjoyed all of your reviews and I was excited to read that you're going on the Oasis. We are booked on the Oasis in December so that will be great to read your review beforehand. I will have two middle schoolers when we go (6th and 7th grade). 

My son broke is tibia and fibula at the end of October. The pediatric ortho decided not to do surgery as he has tons of growing left and he has age on his side. He has went through two casts (one above his knee and then the second below his knee). He is currently in a walking boot (5 weeks in and another 3.5 weeks to go). He finally got the go ahead to ditch his crutches and walk with his boot 2 weeks ago. What a long process and I can't imagine the process with having to do multiple surgeries. Kuddos to you for braving a cruise and snorkeling too! 

Edited by galimeyer

11 hours ago, galimeyer said:

I have enjoyed all of your reviews and I was excited to read that you're going on the Oasis. We are booked on the Oasis in December so that will be great to read your review beforehand. I will have two middle schoolers when we go (6th and 7th grade). 

My son broke is tibia and fibula at the end of October. The pediatric ortho decided not to do surgery as he has tons of growing left and he has age on his side. He has went through two casts (one above his knee and then the second below his knee). He is currently in a walking boot (5 weeks in and another 3.5 weeks to go). He finally got the go ahead to ditch his crutches and walk with his boot 2 weeks ago. What a long process and I can't imagine the process with having to do multiple surgeries. Kuddos to you for braving a cruise and snorkeling too! 

Thank you and glad you enjoyed them. I'm super excited about the Oasis! I have said for many many years now that it was my goal to sail on it and I'm finally getting the chance!

Oh, so sorry to hear about your sons break. It's never easy but glad he sounds like he's doing good.

Yea, multiple surgeries are crappy and I have more to go still. I really don't know if I'll ever be back to "normal". Snorkeling....psshhhh....you mean scuba diving!

😁

On 1/21/2020 at 10:17 PM, mitsugirly said:

Thank you and glad you enjoyed them. I'm super excited about the Oasis! I have said for many many years now that it was my goal to sail on it and I'm finally getting the chance!

Oh, so sorry to hear about your sons break. It's never easy but glad he sounds like he's doing good.

Yea, multiple surgeries are crappy and I have more to go still. I really don't know if I'll ever be back to "normal". Snorkeling....psshhhh....you mean scuba diving!

😁

Yes. I meant scuba diving and not snorkeling. Sorry. 🙂

3 hours ago, Sheshefran said:

You were right.  Went on the Escape and you had not finished your review until I got home.  I got to look forward to things and then look back at them once at home.  Thanks again for your wonderful review!

You're welcome. :)

8 hours ago, galimeyer said:

Yes. I meant scuba diving and not snorkeling. Sorry. 🙂

Haha, I know what you meant and just playing whicha. ;) 

I’m finally caught up - again. I thought my life would slow down some after the holidays, but I think I’ve been even busier than before. I sit down to try and read, I fall asleep! 

I’m really happy for you that you were able to go on this cruise, and how well you were able to do so much on the cruise, especially the diving! 

Now that you’re pretty much done with this review, I’m sure you’re busy planning for Oasis. Remember that your cruise planner is your best friend. Keep checking frequently. There is no set times that show reservations become available. You are only able to book each show once. Book all of the shows as soon as you can. You can always change the reservations or cancel them once you are on board if what you booked in advance doesn’t work for you.

Also, keep checking prices for things like internet if you’re planning to buy it, and drink or soda packages. Remember, Oasis has Freestyle Coke machines, so there is a lot of variety as to what is available. We think it’s way easier than carrying on your own. Excursions, too. Don’t look at the % off they’re offering. Look at the final price. If you see a price you like, book it. If the price drops, you can always cancel and rebook at the lower price. If you used OBC for your purchase, it goes back on your account immediately. Charges to my credit card have shown up within a day or two.

Once you book something, it will show up in your order history. You can cancel or modify it from there as needed. Entertainment reservations and excursions will also show up in your cruise calendar. You can also add your own events to the calendar.

Sign up for your Meet & Mingle. It is run by Royal Caribbean. The ones we’ve been to have been fun. We have won some logo merchandise, free internet, wine, I can’t remember what else right now. 

The Crown & Anchor top tier event is usually held in the AquaTheater, often right after the M&M. When we have been to that event, we enjoyed a preview of the AquaTheater show. If you don’t get an invite for some reason, watch from your balcony. 

Watch for for the iSkate show in addition to the regular ice skating show, and the second show in the AquaTheater, too. I can’t remember the name of that one right now. It will be listed in your cruise compass and should also show up in the app.

Walk around the aft end of the ship on the jogging track on deck 5. Sometimes, the curtains will be open and you can see into the AquaTheater pool from the back side. You will also see the locker where they store the tanks the safety divers for the AquaTheater shows use. 

CATS, some people hate it. I want to speak for those of us who love it. At the very least, Sakari will enjoy the costumes. Not the same as the Furries she is so involved with, but interesting none the less. The performances we have seen on both of our Oasis cruises were very well done. We even went to watch some of the performers doing their cabaret shows, totally different from Cats! There’s a reason the show ran for 18 years and 7,485 performances on Broadway, and a revival of the show will be opening on Broadway this summer.  Give it a chance and you may just find yourself loving the show just as much as we do. 

I don’t know why my text font size changed all of a sudden in my previous paragraph.  Sorry about that. I’m not trying to change it now because I’d probably end up deleting the whole long post. 😱

Thank you Kim for another great review. I always enjoy them. I was on a bahamas cruise two weeks ago and the TG6 has been a good camera for the beach and in the water so far. Can't wait to take it snorkeling on a future cruise. 

I'm booked for Carnival Mardi Gras (rollercoaster!! new ship!!) for Halloween of next year, and that cruise is doing Cozumel/Costa Maya/Roatan as well. I've already looked at some of your past reviews there on your website and as it gets closer and I start planning more I am sure your website will be a great resource.

I'm annoyed for you at some of the crappier things that happened in this review. Don't need to rehash them all, but my goodness the "service" you got at the "specialty" restaurant on the last evening. Ghee whiz. And them closing the ropes course, and then day 7 the weather really was bad to legit keep it closed. ugh. But it is a cruise and I know you all had fun. Looking forward to your Oasis review. Hooray for crispy bacon!

Edited by CoasterGuy