Photobucket is photoless

The Grinch came last week and all of my thousands of edited photos disappeared  from Photobucket and Cruise Critic . Here's an example :

Only 1 photo survived and I can't even get to their web site . Their next annual fee for their service in January 15th . With that in mind we would like to ask for your help in finding a reliable photo sharing that is not too hard for an old guy to figure out . We paid about $150 a year for unlimited storage . Our last cruise's photos are fully edited and we're raring to go with the review . We would appreciate your help by telling us who you use and why . Thank you and Merry Christmas . 

This may be low tech but a you can buy a 4-6 TB external SSD drive for around $600.   That is 4 years of your Photobucket cost, SSD drives are not likely to fail and the photos on the drive will not disappear when the company goes out of business.  I never quite trust storing things on the cloud.

DON

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

This may be low tech but a you can buy a 4-6 TB external SSD drive for around $600.   That is 4 years of your Photobucket cost, SSD drives are not likely to fail and the photos on the drive will not disappear when the company goes out of business.  I never quite trust storing things on the cloud.

DON

Thanks Don . Will this allow me to upload directly to Cruise Critic ? I've tried doing directly without success . I've only been successful with a third party host like Photobucket .

1 hour ago, kenevenpar said:

I was able to sign in today with no issues

Ken

Great I'm glad that it's working for you . I can't access or upload photos and some of them are missing from our threads . We I signed on to PB today this is what I got , a sales pitch . 🙄

pho.png

I too use an external hard drive to store all my photos.  In December I purchased a 2 TB drive for $60. If the drive is plugged into the computer, I can upload directly to CC.  At $60 I purchased two (one is kept in a different location).  I have always worried about someone in the cloud having control of my pictures.

5 hours ago, mskaufman said:

I too use an external hard drive to store all my photos.  In December I purchased a 2 TB drive for $60. If the drive is plugged into the computer, I can upload directly to CC.  At $60 I purchased two (one is kept in a different location).  I have always worried about someone in the cloud having control of my pictures.

For me, the cloud storage, in this case on Photobucket, is simply redundit.  I have all photos on a NAS, backed up to external hard drives which I rotate with a set I keep at my son's house, and another copy on a clo0ud storage service.

It may be overkill, but I rest easier.

I’ve been using Backblaze for a year. Love it.  I haven’t really checked to see if you can link photos to other sites though, might be something to check into.  I mainly use it for my cloud backup, along with a portable drive and whatever media my original photos came on (SD cards and phone storage).

Easy to use, very reasonable pricing and I like that you can have a backup mailed to you if you lose all your photos.

13 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

On many of our threads you will see this . It's not true , Photobucket removed or deleted it . If you click on image the photo will appear .

IMG_4858-001_zpsa1ebb876.jpg

pho%201_zpsdiihwvzj.png

I have tried these links and no amount of clicking brought up a photo ...

On 1/24/2020 at 1:49 PM, boeckli said:

I have tried these links and no amount of clicking brought up a photo ...

When I clicked on the larger version of the image, I got this.

(just checked my image to ensure there were no embarrassing tabs open).

15C435AB-60D4-4DF0-BB21-37970DE0F540.thumb.png.8f6ddd8b5494eaddaf6dea03be2404e5.png

Edited by Docker123