Places to Eat - Honolulu

Philob

I've seen/read lots of suggestions to eat malasadas (a type of puffy, filled donut) at Leonard's Bakery, 933 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu 96816 and to people watch and have Hula Pie at Duke's (2335 Kalalaua Ave, at the Outrigger on Waikiki beach). I haven't been there yet, but those 2 places are on our list!

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 5:05 PM, TwinMamainMN said:

I've seen/read lots of suggestions to eat malasadas (a type of puffy, filled donut) at Leonard's Bakery, 933 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu 96816 and to people watch and have Hula Pie at Duke's (2335 Kalalaua Ave, at the Outrigger on Waikiki beach). I haven't been there yet, but those 2 places are on our list!

Leonard's Bakery just made my list!

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 4:05 PM, TwinMamainMN said:

Duke's hula Pie, so yummy

b26e8ef05ef29d450e2a00be6a7efcee.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 12:05 AM, TwinMamainMN said:

Totally agree with both of the above 

leonards do one special flavour a month as well I believe. Pumpkin 🎃 once and coconut filling once 

we have stayed at outrigger and love dukes plus their hula pie 😋 

We like cheese cake factory but I think that’s because we are not from the US

Edited by Nextholiday?

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Not necessarily a meal, but cocktails at the House Without A Key.

Quite good for a light meal too-- House Without a Key is about as casual as you get at Halekulani but very good. Think pokes, chicken wings, burgers, salads etc. They do have some much more upscale options to dine at that resort, but they are almost too over the top in the context of a beach vacation in their formality.

House Without a Key does get quite crowded and I would recommend a reservation if you plan to go with more than 2 people. Music is generally from about 530 til 8.