No Access to Concierge Club for Diamond Plus on Rhapsody

yogimax

We are Diamond Plus with almost 500 points.  I know some have reported the CL closed to D+ on Rhapsody.  So yesterday RCCL delivered a Christmas surprise by email.  (Good timing RCCL).  We were told we would be banned from the CL for our January 11th cruise.  This was followed by some nonsense about areas to be opened for Happy Hour and a new "benefit" to a free non-alcoholic coffee loaded on the sea pass card.

As I read my D+ benefits, it clearly states that D+ have access to the CL.  If I were a lawyer (I'm not), I would think a good case could be made that this action violates the rights of D+.

Being banished to the Viking Crown Lounge isn't all that bad with the great views but it does make more difficult, because of the seating, the opportunities to make new friends.  In the past, we have made countless new friends in the lounge and this will now become more difficult.

Over the past few years, D's, P's and suities have not lost much.  Indeed, some have gained.  Not so for D+, who seem to be the forgotten members of Crown and Anchor!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

We are Diamond Plus with almost 500 points.  I know some have reported the CL closed to D+ on Rhapsody.  So yesterday RCCL delivered a Christmas surprise by email.  (Good timing RCCL).  We were told we would be banned from the CL for our January 11th cruise.  This was followed by some nonsense about areas to be opened for Happy Hour and a new "benefit" to a free non-alcoholic coffee loaded on the sea pass card.

As I read my D+ benefits, it clearly states that D+ have access to the CL.  If I were a lawyer (I'm not), I would think a good case could be made that this action violates the rights of D+.

Being banished to the Viking Crown Lounge isn't all that bad with the great views but it does make more difficult, because of the seating, the opportunities to make new friends.  In the past, we have made countless new friends in the lounge and this will now become more difficult.

Over the past few years, D's, P's and suities have not lost much.  Indeed, some have gained.  Not so for D+, who seem to be the forgotten members of Crown and Anchor!

You are going to be merged into the large thread already going on this topic.

It's just not news any more.

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Thanks for reporting.

If they are expecting large numbers of P and D+ and they should have told you this in the email you are probably better off getting a seat elsewhere.

If this is not the case as D+ you should have your usual entrance to the CL and if they still prevent you access you have options including email to MBayley,bad review or even stopping gratuities and telling the Hotel Director why.

I emailed MBayley on board Explorer praising our waiter's and got a reply the next day.

Edited by grapau27

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Why would you penalize the dining and housekeeping staff over something that they had no control over?

As a very pro tipper I personally would be reluctant to use that threat to the hotel director.

Edited by grapau27

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Why would you penalize the dining and housekeeping staff over something that they had no control over?

Precisely!  Dining and housekeeping have nothing to do with this.

It just seems there is a contradiction between the email and the stated benefits of D+

Just now, yogimax said:

Precisely!  Dining and housekeeping have nothing to do with this.

It just seems there is a contradiction between the email and the stated benefits of D+

Did they give you a reason why you were banned?.

Personally we would never stand in a loyalty lounge and just use our 3 free drinks elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Did they give you a reason why you were banned?.

Personally we would never stand in a loyalty lounge and just use our 3 free drinks elsewhere.

Too many D, D+, P onboard.  That still doesn't speak to the right of access D+ have to the CL.

The CL's, in general, tend to clear out at 6PM when folks go to early dining.  If we see there is standing room at 5PM, we also leave and come back at 6PM.

22 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Too many D, D+, P onboard.  That still doesn't speak to the right of access D+ have to the CL.

The CL's, in general, tend to clear out at 6PM when folks go to early dining.  If we see there is standing room at 5PM, we also leave and come back at 6PM.

With CLs being turned into cabins at refits and SLs introduced elsewhere on board it looks like we D+ will see this happening on a regular basis.

Personally we recently had a 15 night Hawaiian cruise on Grand Princess(11-18) as Elite loyalty and the food and especially the service in bars was far superior to our recent RCCL cruises.

Our next cruise is a 14 nighter on P&O.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Their ships, their rules. They have the right to change the terms and condition of benefits at any time without notice.

1 minute ago, Retired LEO said:

Their ships, their rules. They have the right to change the terms and condition of benefits at any time without notice.

That is absolutely correct and as I posted in my last post we have the right to take our business elsewhere without notice.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Our money, Our loyalty.  We have the right to protest when a stated benefit is removed.

• Like 1

It always makes me chuckle when people start talking about their rights with regards to C&A benefits and then invoke lawyers. Small print pretty much means you’re guaranteed nothing. 

A good policy I find is to book if you want to do the cruise - any benefits for C&A are a bonus you can’t rely on.

Edited by beardedladies
  • Like 4

https://dlxffu6hwewxp.cloudfront.net/cas/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid_APRIL-2019.pdf

General Terms & ConditionsRoyal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Can you post the letter?

Can you also expand on whst D+ have lost

Different ship, but same letter sent to all.

As you may know, this sailing is quite popular among our Crown & Anchor Society and as a result, our staff is making enhancements to accommodate you.

During your cruise, the Nightly Happy Hour will expand to include both the Diamond Lounge and the Music Hall, located on Deck 4. Please be aware that lounges are subject to change. As always, three (3) drink vouchers will be loaded on your SeaPass card for use at the bars and lounges throughout the ship during happy hour times.

Diamond Lounge & Music Hall Concierge Lounge
Deck 4 Deck 12
Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club Pinnacle Club and Grand Suites & above

Additionally, we understand with more top tier members than usual, the rush for morning coffee can become hectic. To alleviate some of the wait, we are loading one (1) specialty non-alcoholic coffee voucher per day onto your SeaPass card. You can enjoy a delicious Americano, Espresso, Latte or Cappuccino. Once onboard, please check your Welcome Letter or visit your Concierge for additional information.

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think that thread was locked. 

Hi Rory.

All the best for Xmas and the New Year.

I had a heart attack last Wednesday and had a stent fitted in hospital so hopefully I will be fine.

It puts things into perspective and the loss of the CL is no big deal.

Best Wishes to everyone on here.

Graham.

• Like 2