A-Z .... The ABC and D Islands on the Zuiderdam

scubacruiserx2

On 1/7/2020 at 3:40 PM, Himself said:

I miss the When and Where.  In the mid 1990;s the paper had a Dutch name and they even told where all the ships were each day. They would even list the ship under construction over in Venice.  That stopped around 2000.

The Dutch name was 'Dagelijks Nieuws" - Daily News and it did have the daily location of the Dam ships however, there were a lot less than the current fourteen ships during those times

Enjoyed your excellent blog and pics, OP

Edited by Copper10-8

52 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

The Dutch name was 'Dagelijks Nieuws" - Daily News and it did have the daily location of the Dam ships however, there were a lot less than the current fourteen ships during those times

Enjoyed your excellent blog and pics, OP

Thank you sir .

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2019 at 9:13 AM, scubacruiserx2 said:

Our sail away was about an hour and a half late around 17:30 . We noticed a ship with boats on it's deck . Maybe they were Christmas presents . Another thing that we noticed which may have been done during dry dock was foot lights . They would come on when you would walk past them - very handy at night .

IMG_7647 (2).JPG

I do appreciate your review.  Our next cruise is a partial canal in December.  We're in 5190.  

That ship is transporting yachts.  It's not uncommon for owners to move their boats back and forth between the Med and the Caribbean.  Move to the Med before hurricane season and bring them back after hurricane season.

I am totally enjoying your commentary and particularly your excellent photography! I will be doing the Panama Canal in April and we have an aft cabin on the Navigation deck. I plan to take a ton of photos! Yours are giving me much encouragement.

Edited by goddessofchaos
missing letter.

14 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I do appreciate your review.  Our next cruise is a partial canal in December.  We're in 5190.  

That ship is transporting yachts.  It's not uncommon for owners to move their boats back and forth between the Med and the Caribbean.  Move to the Med before hurricane season and bring them back after hurricane season.

You're welcome and we appreciate you writing in . On our cruise a water pipe was broken above 5190 so the people were moved and the carpet replaced . We also have 5190 booked for the TA in August . We hope to see Greenland , Iceland and Northern Canada on that one . 

8 hours ago, goddessofchaos said:

I am totally enjoying your commentary and particularly your excellent photography! I will be doing the Panama Canal in April and we have an aft cabin on the Navigation deck. I plan to take a ton of photos! Yours are giving me much encouragement.

Aloha and mahalo . We do love our aft cabins and photography and the Zuiderdam is favorite of the 4 HAL ships that we've been on . We did cruise on her last year to the Baltic , Iceland , Scotland and Norway . If you would like to see the photo travelogue you can click on the link .

IMG_5247%202_zps3so1z6wr.jpg

IMG_4735%203_zpscsqau868.jpg

Some of the most amazing scenery and critters that we saw last year was on the HAL Zaandam with a visit to Patagonia and Antarctica .

7dfaffa6-2dfe-439d-a879-cb01fb88d33e_zps

IMG_7313_zpsssxvsy1a.jpg

IMG_0111-002_zps25cde17a.jpg

IMG_8711_zps0kqsz0pp.jpg

IMG_2026-003_zps7f7461c0.jpg

IMG_8375_zps0uztceyg.jpg

IMG_1356_zpsge204nfa.jpg

IMG_9356_zps1es4gy0r.jpg

IMG_5272_zpsiwed6rvx.jpg

The full travelogue can be found here :