A-Z .... The ABC and D Islands on the Zuiderdam

scubacruiserx2

9 minutes ago, carlyshenk said:

We're on Zuiderdam in February.  Enjoying your review and especially the photos!  Thanks for taking the time!  Have fun!

Well thank you . The Zuiderdam is our favorite so far and we did enjoy the Captain and crew . We sailed with the same Captain to Antarctica on the Zaandam last December and to Norway , Iceland , Scotland and the Baltic in June , our best year for cruising !

• Like 2

We were not to excited at the first nights offerings for dinner and we saw a 25% off offering at The Pinnacle Grill so we booked dinner there . When we went to wash up we noticed that we had no warm or hot water in the bathroom so we asked our attendant Risman if he could  have it fixed .

DSC00406 (2).JPG

DSC00407 (2).JPG

DSC00408 (2).JPG

Edited by scubacruiserx2

22 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Loving your review and great pictures.

Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you!

Thank you for your kind words . We've been trying to do this review for about a week but Photobucket the photo sharing service has been down for more than a week and thousands of our photos disappeared . I prefer to use them as we can post larger photos and I just discovered yesterday how to upload them to CC directly . I guess the old dog can learn some new tricks if they are easy enough . 😊

ph.png

• Haha 1

Enjoying your review on good 'ol Zuidy! Keep up the great work! Question please; did Zuiderdam retain her Atrium bar and stairway from Deck 1 (Atrium) to Deck 2 after her dry-dock (before you embarked)? Also, from your pic of the Crow's Nest, it appears she got the EXC Central modifications with 'the Hub’, ‘Destinations Display’, ‘Virtual Bridge’, ‘Theater EXC’ ‘Journeys Ashore’ and ‘the (very small) Library.’ Also appears her Lido got a "freshening up" as far as decor and furniture. Enjoy your voyage to the ABCs

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

We didn't notice an Atrium bar but the stairway was there . We think that there was new tile in the atrium and in the Lido . Also the Digital Workshop was moved to the old screening room .

Thanks, much appreciated. If it's still there, the bar was located underneath that set of stairs. On at least one of the Vistas, Westerdam, it and the stairs were removed post dry-dock 

After breakfast we went to the Neptune Lounge to see if they could help us get some warm water . We were surprised to see Ann Margret who we had as as a concierge a couple of years ago in Alaska on the Eurodam 

DSC00503 (2).JPG

DSC00504 (3).JPG

DSC00505 (2).JPG

DSC00508 (2).JPG

DSC00511 (2).JPG

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

The motion sensitive floor lights are a nice addition.  The small light in the bathroom is a help too.   No more stubbed toes moving around at night.   

We had 2 of the lights . The one under the closet in the bed room and a second in the dressing area just before the bath room . Yes , they were very nice .

Thank you for the menus! I'll stay tuned for more.

Our usual brand is Celebrity that has very good beef and lamb in the MDR's. Not so good fish or pasta. We have sailed HAL and Princess two times each - my impression is that they both do a much better job with fish / seafood and pasta / risottos. Would you agree? 

Thanks again for posting the menus! 

33 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Neither of us like the Pinnacle's Lobster Bisque.

Over all the years we sailed on HAL, it was rare when we had the same captain.

We used to dive for all of our Lobster and I found a recipe that we like and so that's our standard . We can always seasoning but we can't take it out once it's been added .

17 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

After dinner the water was still too cold to bath in . We called it an early evening and the rocking ship put us asleep . I awoke early and took a short walk around and to fetch some cream for DW's coffee when she woke up . 

DSC00432 (2).JPG

I am surprised to see you got the regular HAL bag and not the CO bag. (Neptune Suites are supposed to have Club O benefits.

Enjoying your review and glad you got hot water at long last!