Marella Discovery Itinerary Change. Colours of the Far East

Eade1

We’ve just received an email saying that due to engine issues our cruise in February has had to change meaning we get 2 more days at sea and therefore 2 less days in port. They have offered £100 refund each as compensation. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if £100 is considered acceptable? I know they had an engine fire earlier in December but thought they would have rectified the problem by February. 

28 minutes ago, Eade1 said:

We’ve just received an email saying that due to engine issues our cruise in February has had to change meaning we get 2 more days at sea and therefore 2 less days in port. They have offered £100 refund each as compensation. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if £100 is considered acceptable? I know they had an engine fire earlier in December but thought they would have rectified the problem by February. 

You would be better posting on the Marella board, rather than this general questions board.

That would be totally unacceptable to me but then again I hate sea days.  If they offered me $1000 refund for the loss of 2 port days, it still would not be enough.  It is almost certainly way too late now and they wouldn't offer it anyway but I would want a complete refund so I could cancel the cruise and take another one that was not ruined by the addition of 2 sea days.

Just my admittedly totally biased opinion.

DON

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2019 at 10:58 AM, Eade1 said:

Hi, I was on the Discovery when the fire occurred. We were initially given 25 pounds each for missing Koh Samui, we then received an additional 250 pounds per person when the full extent of the damage was assessed and the fact that we would miss two further ports. I'm still fighting to get this compensation increased.