Marella Discovery Itinerary Change. Colours of the Far East (Merged threads).

This is the revised itinerary we were given in the email received on 20/12.  No contact since then so I am assuming it still stands.  The last 3 days are a waste of time, especially day 14 when we arrive at 18.00, not much point in that as it will be dark before long so basically 6 sea days.

Day Port Arrive Depart

1 Langkawi, Malaysia  22:00

2 Penang, Malaysia  08:00 17:00

3 Port Klang (Kuala Lumpur), Malaysia 09:00 19:00

4 Singapore, Singapore  11:00 23:00

5 At Sea

6 At Sea

7 Laem Chabang (Bangkok), Thailand 07:00 23:59

8 Laem Chabang (Bangkok), Thailand 00:00 15:00

9 Sihanoukville, Cambodia  09:30 19:00

10 At Sea

11 Phu My (Ho Chi Minh City), Vietnam 07:00 18:00

12 At Sea

13 At Sea

14 Langkawi, Malaysia  18:00 23:59

15 Langkawi, Malaysia  00:00

So you were told on the Friday 20th December 2019 and you go 31st January, 2 weeks before we go, 13th February, in theory we should hear tomorrow as two weeks on from your email was yesterday for us (Friday).

We still have Ko Sumia on the excursion planner I just looked, has it been removed for yourself?

Thanks for the updates.

Keith (Southend)

On 12/23/2019 at 8:18 PM, idh2019 said:

Also be glad you are going into and out of Laem Chabang. The 1800h arrival of the ship in Langkawi means that flights from Gatwick and Birmingham are re-scheduled so they do not arrive at Langkawi before the ship docks. Hence the departures back to the UK are also later.

Arrived home from Langkawi yesterday after a 14 hour+ flight including a refuel in Bulgaria. What I don't understand about the scheduled late arrival of the boat into Langkawi is that we had a 6 hour delay leaving Vietnam on the 30th due to a medical emergency, but were able to make up that time and even dock a little early.

There is much more to say but I am still gathering my thoughts. 

Thanks Somerset Cruise - I'm intrigued following this saga. Our original outgoing flight was 12th Feb 20:10 but is now 13th Feb 00:45

Our return to Gatwick was 23:10 and last week got changed to 22:40, I also seem to recall 23:25 was another change, so a little earlier.

Still nothing to say any itinary changes - yet - I imagine if there is it will be this week we will be told.

I assume the damaged transformer hasn't been fixed yet?

Thanks

Keith (Southend)

21 minutes ago, Southendweather said:

Thanks Somerset Cruise - I'm intrigued following this saga. Our original outgoing flight was 12th Feb 20:10 but is now 13th Feb 00:45

Our return to Gatwick was 23:10 and last week got changed to 22:40, I also seem to recall 23:25 was another change, so a little earlier.

Still nothing to say any itinary changes - yet - I imagine if there is it will be this week we will be told.

I assume the damaged transformer hasn't been fixed yet?

Thanks

Keith (Southend)

Keith, I think the Captain said the transformer would be fixed in about 5 weeks, a week ago. 

The late flight wasn't so bad, I slept a few hours and the drove straight home from Gatwick yesterday morning.

It's their attitude that the changes aren't a big deal that annoys me. Quite simply we wouldn't have booked the itinerary we had.

• Like 1

Mmm, 5 weeks from a week ago would take us to 8th Feb 2020, it could be tight, assuming the Captains right. We go the 13th...

The flight is one of those things you have to endure, we hate it. Booked seats together on the inside so haven't got to disturb anyone if we want to stretch our legs or use the loo.

A long day the 13th, I'm working an early, 6am to 2pm, then head to Gatwick late afternoon, so should get some sleep once in the air.

Thanks for the info.

Keith (Southend)

Edited by Southendweather
typo

I think my post disappeared into the ether.  Here it is again, this is my original itinerary.  No Koh Samui on the revised one on my earlier post.  Confused that’s for sure and no communication from Tui since the e-tickets arrived on 21/12, time to phone again.

Day

Port
Arrival Time
Departure Time
Fri
Langkawi - MALAYSIA

Sat
Penang - MALAYSIA
Sun
Port Klang (for Kuala Lumpur) - MALAYSIA
Mon
Singapore - SINGAPORE
Tue
At Sea

Wed
Koh Samui* - THAILAND
Thu
Laem Chabang (for Bangkok) - THAILAND
Fri
Sat
Sihanoukville - CAMBODIA
Sun
At Sea

Mon
Phu My (for Ho Chi Minh City) - VIETNAM
Tue
At Sea

Wed
Malacca - MALAYSIA
Thu
Langkawi - MALAYSIA
Fri
Langkawi - MALAYSIA

Edited by ekco

Hi theped - Now if I've got this right that would be in the same week as us, 1st week for us, 2nd week for you, I assume you fly into Thailand to board the ship. You haven't been told officially yet I guess?

I think we will know one way or the other this week.

I wonder if a large part is required to repair the transformer as this would more likely come into Thailand due to the size of the port, but I'm only playing a guessing game.

Keith (Southend)

4 minutes ago, Southendweather said:

Hi theped - Now if I've got this right that would be in the same week as us, 1st week for us, 2nd week for you, I assume you fly into Thailand to board the ship. You haven't been told officially yet I guess?

I wonder if a large part is required to repair the transformer as this would more likely come into Thailand due to the size of the port, but I'm only playing a guessing game.

Keith (Southend)

A part is being made, hence the delay, you are probably correct that it  will come into Thailand. 

1 hour ago, Southendweather said:

Keith (Southend)

yes we fly into Bangkok for the 6th:

Day

Port
Arrival Time
Departure Time
Thu

23:59
Fri
00:00
15:00
Sat
Sihanoukville - CAMBODIA
09:30
19:00
Sun
At Sea

Mon
07:00
18:00
Tue
At Sea

Wed
At Sea

Thu
Langkawi - MALAYSIA
Fri
Langkawi - MALAYSIA
22:00
Sat
Penang - MALAYSIA
08:00
17:00
Sun
Mon
Singapore - SINGAPORE
Tue
At Sea

Wed
Koh Samui* - THAILAND
17:30
Thu

Koh Samui still there:

Your 1 & 2 is our 8 & 9.

Booked 1st excursion today 'Best of Kuala Lumpa', I've got another 4 earmarked. Koh Sumui 3 are sold out and 2 only have 1 place each left, so this will have to wait until on board, I wonder if they've done this deliberately, now that would be a conspiracy theory 😎

Thu
Langkawi - MALAYSIA

Fri
Langkawi - MALAYSIA
Sat
Penang - MALAYSIA
Sun
Mon
Singapore - SINGAPORE
Tue
At Sea

Wed
Koh Samui* - THAILAND
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sihanoukville - CAMBODIA
Sun
At Sea

Mon
Tue
At Sea

Wed
Malacca - MALAYSIA
Thu
Langkawi - MALAYSIA
08:30

Keith (Southend)

32 minutes ago, Southendweather said:

Koh Samui still there:

Your 1 & 2 is our 8 & 9.

Booked 1st excursion today 'Best of Kuala Lumpa', I've got another 4 earmarked. Koh Sumui 3 are sold out and 2 only have 1 place each left, so this will have to wait until on board, I wonder if they've done this deliberately, now that would be a conspiracy theory 😎

Thu
Langkawi - MALAYSIA

Fri
Langkawi - MALAYSIA
Sat
Penang - MALAYSIA
Sun
Mon
Singapore - SINGAPORE
Tue
At Sea

Wed
Koh Samui* - THAILAND
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sihanoukville - CAMBODIA
Sun
At Sea

Mon
Tue
At Sea

Wed
Malacca - MALAYSIA
Thu
Langkawi - MALAYSIA
08:30

Keith (Southend)

We havent been able to access the excursion site! we have been trying since we had our letter as we had already booked some that will be affected. wanted to book some more as well

The link to excursions from the login page doesn't work for me, but I saved previously the actual link, which does. I just add my date, booking ref and lead name. Just thought I'd add this in hoping it may do the trick 😉

https://www.marellaexcursionspassenger.tui.co.uk/login

I noticed Discovery was reporting showers but now clear, I think you can see the shower it went through in the Malacca Straights here, just SW of KL:

image.png.2e189eaf7b1707d0e8dafc4467e99c15.png

I always take my Netbook with me on cruises, just love my personal window on the weather 🌞🌡️

Don't worry, I will turn the computer off later 😀

Keith (Southend)

http://www.southendweather.net/wl2/load_wl2.php

7 minutes ago, Southendweather said:

The link to excursions from the login page doesn't work for me, but I saved previously the actual link, which does. I just add my date, booking ref and lead name. Just thought I'd add this in hoping it may do the trick 😉

https://www.marellaexcursionspassenger.tui.co.uk/login

I noticed Discovery was reporting showers but now clear, I think you can see the shower it went through in the Malacca Straights here, just SW of KL:

image.png.2e189eaf7b1707d0e8dafc4467e99c15.png

I always take my Netbook with me on cruises, just love my personal window on the weather 🌞🌡️

Don't worry, I will turn the computer off later 😀

Keith (Southend)

http://www.southendweather.net/wl2/load_wl2.php

Great thanks yes that worked, I checked through emails again and had a separate one from TUI about excursions with same link as yours!  Its doesn't look like they have changed their excursions yet as ours we booked previously are still there

TUI/Marella not as easy to navigate website wise as P&O, but have chosen them the last couple of years as we think they are good value for money + a bigger choice of locations/ports, which is what is top of our list.

Glad to help, fingers crossed on this one.

Keith (Southend)

9 hours ago, Southendweather said:

TUI/Marella not as easy to navigate website wise as P&O, but have chosen them the last couple of years as we think they are good value for money + a bigger choice of locations/ports, which is what is top of our list.

Glad to help, fingers crossed on this one.

Keith (Southend)

Same reason as we have chosen them..

Okay, Ive updated my Asia weather spreadsheet so I can give a quick overview of the current weather at the ports on this cruise. Data lag due to restrictions on Meteorological Data.

image.png.65923f6322febdd2baa3431a604183ea.png

Keith (Southend)

multiply files

We are joining ship on Thursday !

Just checked ships current position on line .It is on its way to Singapore but doing a speed of 0 ! Has it broken down at sea ? Anyone with greater understanding of technical things please correct my understanding and reassure me !

Hi Margaret,

I've been tracking it all day, it's been doing 15 to 16 knots and still is:

https://www.cruisemapper.com/

image.png.6f8be90535945eb881e646f9593609ff.png

You must be joining at Bangkok. I'm watching closely to see if it goes to Koh Sumui on the 8th January after a lot of stories I've heard.

Keith (Southend)

Hi folks.  After a lot of hanging around we finally got Tui on the phone.  The bad news is, according to them, our revised itinerary is in place for everyone until the end of March so don’t get your hopes up.  Trying to book excursions is proving more difficult than we thought as a lot of the ones we want are fully booked online.  Asking on the phone if we could cancel any booked excursions if we get onboard and manage to book the ones we originally wanted they said we would have to ask on the ship which is not helpful.  Anyone know if we can cancel excursions?  Also, the second day in Bangkok looks to be a waste of time as this is day 8 and we depart at 15.00.  All the trips state day 7 and not day 8.  We can’t see anything to do on day 8, we had thought of doing the Pattaya beach trip on day which is only 4.5 hours but it’s not available for that day.  This is getting ridiculous.