Three People in Four Room Cabin

scrappycat2

Question:   

Going on a theme cruise in March.  Originally booked four people in an interior room.  One person had to cancel.  Cruise sails in 73 days.

Will cruiseline/promotor (RCC/ECP) allow us to stay three people in a room that accommodates four or will they try to move us to another room? 

Ship is pretty much sold out...there is a waiting list.

Also, what about a price change?  I believe the 3rd and 4th person were $1,000 each, so I'm assuming that $1,000 will be taken off price of room?

Help!

Thanks!

I doubt they will change your room at this point.  Even if they do, all insides are the same size...it would just be minus that 4th berth.

If you are within a "refund" period, you may get the 4ths fare back....might lose the deposit if you're past that point.  The price for the others shouldn't change.

If you don't call and cancel the 4th, and just let them be a "no-show", you won't get any fare back, but you will get tax and port fees returned.

Likely you are past final payment date, so when you call to cancel, you will get a portion of the fare back but not all,  the amounts/percentage decreases the longer you wait to cancel, and is spelled out in the terms and conditions on the cruise line website.  The longer you wait, the less you will get back.  EM

10 hours ago, scrappycat2 said:

Question:   

Going on a theme cruise in March.  Originally booked four people in an interior room.  One person had to cancel.  Cruise sails in 73 days.

Will cruiseline/promotor (RCC/ECP) allow us to stay three people in a room that accommodates four or will they try to move us to another room? 

Ship is pretty much sold out...there is a waiting list.

Also, what about a price change?  I believe the 3rd and 4th person were $1,000 each, so I'm assuming that $1,000 will be taken off price of room?

Help!

Thanks!

They can which is why it is recommended to do a no-show.  I you are past final payment and it is a theme cruise, it is unlikely you can get a refund but check your cruise contract.

Edited by Elaine5715
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...