weather

Linder52

Also, don't forget about that last sea day, since you might be getting far enough north for cooler weather.

If you're flying, you should consider coming in to Baltimore a day early in case there are any weather delays. We can get some pretty heavy snow here during February (I'm about an hour's drive from Baltimore).

No way to predict.  As you'll be in the gulf stream the next day, it could be warmer than you'd expect, but then it could be chilly.  We've sailed out on NY/NJ in Feb and some years we've been in the pool on the first and last full day.  Some years we've had to "bundle up" the first or last full day at sea.  

It is Maryland.  The weather?  YES.

It could be in the 70s.  It could be in single digits.  It could be raining or snowing or sleeting or sunny.  And it could be all of these in 1 - 2 days.   The other week is was in the 60s one day, and then in the 20s the next day.

While not check something like Accuweather a week before and see what the predictions are for YOUR time frame.

But over all, pack for layering.  A mid weight and light weight coat.  Sweater.  Long sleeve shirt.  Maybe some very lightweight (silk is great) long underwear, just in case.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 10:28 AM, Linder52 said:

Going on Pride out of Baltimore Feb 2.  what kind of weather can we expect. want to pack light. more jeans or shorts for deck in the day?  Always gone out of Florida in Feb

Expect anything, but early February I would think more likely jeans than shorts for the first and last day.  Is this a standard Bahamas (maybe GT), or a Journey's cruise?  If the standard 7 day, then Bahamas will possibly be coolish too.

I would wear pants (prefer nice tech fabric vs. denim) for embarkation and can wear same pants for debarkation, maybe pack one extra pair.  Shorts are probably fine for the sea days, but you might want a jacket/sweatshirt.  Layers will be your friend 🙂 

Heck, yesterday in the area I live, one side of I-95 was above freezing with rain.   Cross over I-95 and was below freezing, snowing, with accumulations on the grass and trees.  And once off the main road, starting to accumulate on the road.

All changing in less than 1/4 mile.

And today is 42 degrees and clear.

Maryland, if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes or drive 1 - 2 miles, it will be different.

• Like 1

Same in PA. 

I grew up on Lake Erie and it could be raining in the back yard and dry in the front.  Snowbelt region could have up to a foot more snow than just a few miles closer to the Lake.

I live near the Susquehanna river now and even here the difference is stark between the hills and the valley.