Trip Insurance

It depends on what type of insurance you’re referring to. Medical? Trip cancellation?

If you’re looking for medical you might consider geoblue. It’s a subsidiary of Blue Cross BS I believe and is a very reasonable priced annual medical insurance that includes emergency evacuation. It can only be used outside of the USA though so it’ll also depend on where you’re traveling.

2 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Sorry I don't have any answers for you as I don't believe in trip insurance (though I appear to be in the minority).  I am however interested in the responses to this question.

Hopefully someone who does believe in travel insurance will be able to provide some assistance.

3 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Sorry I don't have any answers for you as I don't believe in trip insurance (though I appear to be in the minority).  I am however interested in the responses to this question.

Your OK just as long as you're prepared to pay $40 or $50 thousand dollars for emergency evacuation services. 

• Like 2

FWIW, Norwegian uses Nationwide.

We paid $219 pp (medical, trip cancel, baggage loss, and evac)on an eight day cruise out of Barcelona, plus 3 days before cruise in Paris and London.

If we had booked through Nationwide directly, the plan would have been $285(rounded) for two.

Do your homework.

1 hour ago, tinleypark andy said:

FWIW, Norwegian uses Nationwide.

We paid $219 pp (medical, trip cancel, baggage loss, and evac)on an eight day cruise out of Barcelona, plus 3 days before cruise in Paris and London.

If we had booked through Nationwide directly, the plan would have been $285(rounded) for two.

Do your homework.

My mistake, was not per person' it was per couple.

The medical evac was better going through Nationwide directly.

Edited by tinleypark andy
wrong info.

We have an annual policy, it is a multi trip policy by Geoblue Trekker. Keep in mind that we are only interested in medical care or emergency evacuation.  If you are interested in covering trip loss expenses, then this is not for you. I don't buy insurance for things that I can afford to lose, but more things that can put a significant ding in my finances.  

17 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

We have an annual policy, it is a multi trip policy by Geoblue Trekker. Keep in mind that we are only interested in medical care or emergency evacuation.  If you are interested in covering trip loss expenses, then this is not for you. I don't buy insurance for things that I can afford to lose, but more things that can put a significant ding in my finances.  

We've been buying emergency evacuation per cruise from our TA & have often considered an annual policy like you mentioned. What are you paying per year for that coverage for 2 people?

Also- Is the year based on when you start the policy or from Jan 1st to Dec 31st?

10 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

We've been buying emergency evacuation per cruise from our TA & have often considered an annual policy like you mentioned. What are you paying per year for that coverage for 2 people?

Also- Is the year based on when you start the policy or from Jan 1st to Dec 31st?

We are paying $200 per year per couple for the Essential plan, you can get the upgraded plan, called Choice, with more coverage for $370 per year per couple. The rate may be age dependent though, so costs could differ. It does not go by calendar year, but by when you start the coverage. 

9 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

We are paying $200 per year per couple for the Essential plan, you can get the upgraded plan, called Choice, with more coverage for $370 per year per couple. The rate may be age dependent though, so costs could differ. It does not go by calendar year, but by when you start the coverage. 

Thanks for the response.

We're paying $50 per couple per cruise right now even if it's a B2B2b trip.

Looks like we would be about even unless we started cruising more often.😁