January 4th to Antarctica

petlover

2 hours ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

A serious question, we have been assigned suite 736, connected to the owners' suite.  Does anyone know how this compares to the vista suites on deck 4?

Sounds like JP will be able to offer great advice.

I know from our perspective, if we could get out of the Vista in front of the boat and into a midship suite for the same price, we’d do it in a heartbeat.  So, if you’re already in 736, sounds like you are in a great spot.

Packing just finished.  I have my one big bag and carryon.  Had to shift a few shoes over.  George has his normal medium bag, small bag and backpack.  It is a longer trip, in a cold climate, so more bulk than usual.

looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

• Like 2

Thanks JP and Stumblefoot.  We will probably stay with 736.

On our Seabourn Antarctica cruise, we spent more for a specific low and mid-ship ocean-view suite, rather than a guaranteed balcony, since we were concerned with how the Drake would present itself.   For the Southern Atlantic, we have more and better drugs, 🙄 and a bit higher up is okay, even though the Cloud is 1/2 the size of the Quest. We had a "lake" and a "shake", and the motion on any given sea day is a guess.

Stumblefoot, we hope the flight was not as rough as it might seem from the photo. 😉  Glad the Princess is celebrating already; Happy Birthday .

Thanks, and sorry to have hijacked this thread.

A&P

1 hour ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

Stumblefoot, we hope the flight was not as rough as it might seem from the photo. 😉  Glad the Princess is celebrating already; Happy Birthday.

Haha A&P!  So very true.  We weren’t to fond on the crazy pic, but didn’t want to ask anyone else if they could frame a proper pic. 😆. The lady who took the pic ended up shattering a glass of red wine on the floor and me during dinner followed up by another glass while asleep during the night.  Crazy!  But, our trip is off to a great start!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Haha A&P!  So very true.  We weren’t to fond on the crazy pic, but didn’t want to ask anyone else if they could frame a proper pic. 😆. The lady who took the pic ended up shattering a glass of red wine on the floor and me during dinner followed up by another glass while asleep during the night.  Crazy!  But, our trip is off to a great start!

Oh well, what is it they say PRICELESS - LOL

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2019 at 1:36 PM, FlyingScotSailors said:

A serious question, we have been assigned suite 736, connected to the owners' suite.  Does anyone know how this compares to the vista suites on deck 4?  It is higher but very central, so we may roll but not pitch.  Any special concerns?  Should we try to switch?

I had one of these as a guarantee on, I believe, either the Shadow or the Whisper and liked it.  The shape is boxier, rather than rectangular, with the bathroom opening up off of the bedroom (very convenient) and very light and airy due to the "french" balcony in lieu of the window.  I did not notice any undue motion, but that could very well be more a factor of itinerary rather than location (Caribbean).