Best airport if sailing from San Pedro ,CA

wendyp247

"Best" is totally subjective...and you don't mention you are flying from, which is a key factor. I am gonna assume, as it appears you are flying from Orlando. I doubt there are any non-stops from Orlando to Long Beach, which is the closest airport, and probably none from Orange County, which is next closest. So that leaves LAX, if "best" means a non-stop.

When you can catch a flight home now depends on which airport you decide is "best".

Because I have no problem with connections I would list...

1. LGB - Long Beach

2. LAX - Los Angeles but bad traffic

3. SNA - Orange County traffic, but likely better than LAX.

Having said all of that, and having spent a few minutes looking, I see that JetBlue has one non-stop a day from MCO-LAX.  If I could buy it right, that would be my choice.  We like JetBlue.

Or you could tak JetBlue from MCO to Long Beach -- with a connection in JFK.

Best involves convenience, overall cost (air + ground), timing and much more.  What are YOUR priorities, and have you evaluated what the value is to you for those non-dollar "costs"?

9 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Best involves convenience, overall cost (air + ground), timing and much more.  What are YOUR priorities, and have you evaluated what the value is to you for those non-dollar "costs"?

Totally agree. People just throw out "best" as there is obviously only one definition  of "best", and everybody knows and agrees  what it is. Which, of course, is totally not true. Non-stop is usually a high priority to us on most of our flights, but we live near a major airport, and have a good selection of non-stops to various locations. But sometimes it is timing of flights, sometimes it is cost.

Hmmmm.   My favorite airport in the Los Angeles area is Long Beach (LGB).  A nice, small airport that's easy to get to and out of.   I think it's the closest to San Pedro.  There is a great wine bar there - 4th st and Vine - where I don't mind passing an hour or two.  That said, not a good selection of flights in/out of here to MCO.  Jet Blue would be the thing to do, but you have a connection in each direction.

I try to avoid LAX after my last 2 trip out of there.  Nasty traffic jams to get into the airport and then the terminals.  One was so bad that I hopped off the car return shuttle at the first stop (Southwest) and walked around to Delta!!!    But, you'd have a good selection of flights.

Orange County (SNA) - further away than the others, but not the hassle of LAX .  More flights than LGB, but none nonstop. 

Define "best."  Does it mean closest to the port?  Does it mean most airline choices?  Nonstop options?  More flight options in general in case there's a problem and you need to be rebooked?  More flight options in general, which often means more competition so lower prices?  Smallest terminal size to make check-in and security quick and easy so you don't have to arrive as early?