Crown & Anchor Status Match

FireEMT978

5 hours ago, blackshirt said:

Wow! I can’t believe Royal wouldn’t want to crack down on something like that. That sounds like outright fraud to me. 

Fraud how?  RCI made the program, and its rules, to attract people to spend money.  You can call it loyalty, rewards, status, tier, whatever you want, but it's all just marketing.  If they believe it benefits their bottom line, the rules remain as it is.   If they feel it won't benefit the bottom line, the rules may change.  

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

In the case of those shaking up or claiming they have the same address  RC should make the tier level match just for the cruise they are on. While on the cruise they will need to meet with the LA and show proof of residence. At that time the LA will put a special sticker on the Sea Pass card showing temporary tier level and limited perks/benefits. Now I'll remove my rose colored glasses. 

Fabulous; they can attract more guests than ever with money to burn by introducing new, longer, more cattle-like lines to simulate a retail or government agency experience on vacation.  That's the Wow experience, right?

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

RC would never have time for this.

Fully agreed.  

It's like the rumors that they used to shake down crew for their cash tips.  You can't tell me that service levels have devolved to what they are with cutbacks in dining staff and more rooms per room attendant, but they somehow have enough staff to handle these ridiculous fabrications.  If they DID, you better believe the service throughout would be fantastic.  It would be nothing but a roadblock 

6 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Fabulous; they can attract more guests than ever with money to burn by introducing new, longer, more cattle-like lines to simulate a retail or government agency experience on vacation.  That's the Wow experience, right?

Doesn't matter to me as I won't be in that line. 

10 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Fraud how?  RCI made the program, and its rules, to attract people to spend money.  You can call it loyalty, rewards, status, tier, whatever you want, but it's all just marketing.  If they believe it benefits their bottom line, the rules remain as it is.   If they feel it won't benefit the bottom line, the rules may change.  

The girlfriend claiming to live at a different address that they do not actually reside at would be a specific attempt to defraud Royal, wouldn’t it?

2 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

The girlfriend claiming to live at a different address that they do not actually reside at would be a specific attempt to defraud Royal, wouldn’t it?

Yes, agreed.  That is an attempt to defraud the carrier from goods, services, and benefits. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Absolutely not.

Not me as everyday is a great day. You? 

No, lol.  That saying always irked me.  A couple weeks ago I was on a really awful MSC cruise and a guy commented to me "Well, better than being at work" and I said "No it isn't.  I like my job.  I don't stand in lines at my job"  

But to me the vacation experience means hassle free.  I can appreciate your point that people should not game a system, or outright lie, but the idea you propose sounds about as much fun as going to the dentist.  

My wife status matched to me almost 7 years ago.  In your proposal my wife would have to go in a line every cruise to show a proof of her address each time.   It's annoying.  It's actually enough of an annoyance to say "I'm not doing that on vacation, let's spend our money with a company that treats our time respectfully" 

• Like 1

Their program, their rules.  

A growing loyalty program is a good thing, not a bad thing.  A shrinking loyalty base is a bad thing.  The program is offered to keep people coming back.  It's successful.  Why mess with success?  

Run through the scenarios. 

A kid who cruised but wouldn't be D on their own grows up and start buying their own cruises.  If they have minimal status why sail Royal?  With dependent status...  "Let's sail Royal".  

A person remarries.  Spouse has no Royal status or status with another line.  Other line doesn't give D drinks or status match.  Spouse granted D or higher on Royal.  "Let's sail Royal".  

So a few boyfriends or girlfriends slip through.  Same effect...  "Let's sail Royal".  Otherwise they could up on another line.

With alternative lifestyles and varying rules for same sex marriages it's really hard for them to create documentation requirements without offending the wrong group and getting lambasted in social media.  Safer (and more profitable) to not let it turn into a political or social issue.   

Royal knows what's going on.  They read social media.  If they want to fix it they would.  If it was a problem that kept them up at night it would be changed.

BTW - the biggest DL seat 40 - 50 max.  They'd have to do some serious policy changes to create tier levels that can comfortable fit into a lounge without crowding even if they retroactively stripped status from dependents and significant others.  Say hello to the new Pinnacle Lounge and goodbye Diamond Lounge.  Be careful what you wish for.   

2 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

No, lol.  That saying always irked me.  A couple weeks ago I was on a really awful MSC cruise and a guy commented to me "Well, better than being at work" and I said "No it isn't.  I like my job.  I don't stand in lines at my job"  

But to me the vacation experience means hassle free.  I can appreciate your point that people should not game a system, or outright lie, but the idea you propose sounds about as much fun as going to the dentist.  

My wife status matched to me almost 7 years ago.  In your proposal my wife would have to go in a line every cruise to show a proof of her address each time.   It's annoying.  It's actually enough of an annoyance to say "I'm not doing that on vacation, let's spend our money with a company that treats our time respectfully" 

Agree. I may sound spun up here on CC about this but on a cruise, no way. We make it a point not to talk tier levels, politics and religion. If someone is in the DL or CL we figure they have paid for the privilege as we have and enjoy talking about a lot of other thing.  We've met some really nice people in the DL over the years. 

My (rose colored glasses) suggestion would only be for those that aren't married and claiming they share the same address. I believe the line would be short if that was the case. As you say, the few that are gaming the system wouldn't be in line. Once married there is no longer a line in my suggestion. In reality I know nothing will change but that doesn't mean I won't speak up. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 8:20 AM, Host Clarea said:

As opposed to linking children, there can only be one SO (significant other) linking.

Versus spouse?

Yes, one linking, but every other thread on this topic has stated that once the person gets the status, they keep the status.  When unlinked, they revert to their own points, but keep the status.

A is Diamond.  B is linked, so gets Diamond, but only has 5 points.  A unlinks B, B remains Diamond, but with only 5 points, so a LONG way from D+.

Different Question --- Similar Topic.

Do any other cruise lines match you C&A status with their program?

For example, I was  chairmen's preferred status member with US Airways (main carrier in Virginia where I lived)  I moved to Memphis where Delta was the major carrier.  Delta was willing to match my status and make me a preferred member with them if i started flying Delta.

Is there another cruise line (besides Celeb... i know they do it)  they will say, oh you're Diamond Plus with RCI?  We'll make you Diamond Plus with us!

Curious as we've reached the end of the rope of what we will realistically achieve in C&A.

1 hour ago, RCCL Fan said:

Is there another cruise line (besides Celeb... i know they do it)  they will say, oh you're Diamond Plus with RCI?  We'll make you Diamond Plus with us!

Curious as we've reached the end of the rope of what we will realistically achieve in C&A.

RCCL & Celebrity only match status up to Diamond / Elite.

Correct, MSC does. Unfortunately, I sailed them once. Not sure if I would EVER want to sail with them again. Unless, it was "Yacht Club" experience.
Have only sailed on MSC Seaside a couple of times. Both in YC and it is a great product. Will be back again for another 2 weeks this coming June/July in the YC again. Great product their YC but their deluxe YC cabins are JS in size. MSC Royal Suites are GS in size but there are only 2 available on the Seaside.

Now with royal taking away CL access for D+ and above we will be sailing with other lines more often.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Have only sailed on MSC Seaside a couple of times. Both in YC and it is a great product. Will be back again for another 2 weeks this coming June/July in the YC again. Great product their YC but their deluxe YC cabins are JS in size. MSC Royal Suites are GS in size but there are only 2 available on the Seaside.

Now with royal taking away CL access for D+ and above we will be sailing with other lines more often.

We are 2 cruises away for diamond plus and we crammed several cruises in trying to attain it before they added in some other level.

Looks like there's really no real reason for us to attain it now,  Diamond plus is pretty much everything we already get with diamond.

I planned to look around after these next two cruises, now i''m going to start looking around now since hitting it doesn't really matter anymore.

• Like 1

We are 2 cruises away for diamond plus and we crammed several cruises in trying to attain it before they added in some other level.

Looks like there's really no real reason for us to attain it now,  Diamond plus is pretty much everything we already get with diamond.

I planned to look around after these next two cruises, now i''m going to start looking around now since hitting it doesn't really matter anymore.

You get the extra day of internet and a wash bag. The main thing we loved is having the option for either CL or DL on cruises. We are upset over this underhanded decision by RCCL. Understood that for the past 2 years as D+ that we would not see the upgrade fairy for cabins as it is now revenue based. But to still list the D+ perk of having CL access irritates me no end. Just do not care for the bait and switch. If they told us there was no CL access before I booked, would have booked a cabin with CL or SL access. But to have access and then get it taken away under 20 days from sailing as an "enhancement to my experience" is crap.

Only 300 more nights to P and we were going to reach that in another 3 years. Will not give loyalty and preference to RCL anymore. RCL used to be our preferred line during to familiarity and knowing what we paid for. Now, we will be cruising other lines more and are loving the MSC YC product and prices. We can cruise 2 weeks during height of summer in YC for less than a week on Oasis in a CLS for same dates.

• Like 1

I'll be honest.  We've been diamond forever, and didn't venture into the diamond lounge ever until like a year or two ago.

Lounges just aren't that big of a deal for us at all.

Last cruise on Enchantment we had access to both CL and DL  as we were in a suite, and well, we saw no difference between the two.

BUT....

as we paid attention to the loyality program we knew Diamond Plus meant CL and we were aiming to achieve it and know we had the option even though it's not really our thing.  I told my wife, lets do 2 cruises a year, so we can get D+ before they change something.

Now, it's changed.

We don't really care much about losing access,  but I definitely see no reason to keep those 2 cruises a year now.   I feel like I've already achieved everything that matters for us in C&A.    So, we'll likely explore other lines.  I just don't see any real difference in Diamond Plus and Diamond without the CL access.

I actually look forward to happy hour in the DL, CL or SL with Royal.  Have met so many awesome people in these lounges. In fact we plan our future cruises together if possible.  I know we can meet people at the various bars but it so much easier to meet cruisers in various lounges.  Just conducive to talking when you will see the same people over the course of 7+ days.  Have not really met so many in the Top Sail Lounge on MSC.  Granted we have only done 2 MSC vs 40+ RCL cruises.  

So true regarding perks from D to D+ is mainly CL access for us.  The extra free day of internet is moot for us as we buy the surf and stream to stay in touch with business.   The free laundry we use but before the free bag we have used The Scrubba until we hit D+.  We actually still use The Scrubba(found out about this from a fellow cruiser in the CL) as the ships laundry uses a strong detergent.  The balcony discount is an extra $25 and the 2 bottles of wine I can do without.  Also the upgraded bathroom products are moot as we bring our own toiletries.  

17 hours ago, SRF said:

Versus spouse?

Yes, one linking, but every other thread on this topic has stated that once the person gets the status, they keep the status.  When unlinked, they revert to their own points, but keep the status.

A is Diamond.  B is linked, so gets Diamond, but only has 5 points.  A unlinks B, B remains Diamond, but with only 5 points, so a LONG way from D+.

This is why there are so many D and D+.  Just an example, if my son has a gf while in college and they both live in the same address she can be linked to his status.  He brings his gf on our family cruise he can link her.  Since he is D+ with his own points, she will be D+.  Then the next year if he is dating a new girl she will also be D+.  And on and on with each subsequent gf.  Then the ex gfs would all be D+ with one cruise.  And if those ex gf goes on another royal cruise and links their new bf's, they will be D+ also?  This is just crazy cause in no time there will be tens of thousands of D/D+ that have not earned that perk by cruising.  Makes it more hilarious if my son inherited his D+ status with just one cruise and is able to "father" so many more D+ cruisers.  

3 hours ago, frank808 said:

This is why there are so many D and D+.  Just an example, if my son has a gf while in college and they both live in the same address she can be linked to his status.  He brings his gf on our family cruise he can link her.  Since he is D+ with his own points, she will be D+.  Then the next year if he is dating a new girl she will also be D+.  And on and on with each subsequent gf.  Then the ex gfs would all be D+ with one cruise.  And if those ex gf goes on another royal cruise and links their new bf's, they will be D+ also?  This is just crazy cause in no time there will be tens of thousands of D/D+ that have not earned that perk by cruising.  Makes it more hilarious if my son inherited his D+ status with just one cruise and is able to "father" so many more D+ cruisers.  

Exactly.

With the airlines, you may only link status once you get to a pretty high level. Diamond on Delta can link status for the year as one choice (there are a number of offers that you can choose from, like a Chinese restaurant menu, 1 from Col 1, and 2 from Col B 🙂 ).

United, when you reach Million Miler, you can link one person to your status.  If you unlink that person, to link a different person, the previous person reverts to their own status.

But, when traveling together, one person can tag along with the person with status.  So a traveling companion, traveling with me, can use the priority check in line, get priority boarding, and go to the lounge with me.  WHEN I AM TRAVELING WITH THEM.  Otherwise, they are at their own status.