Two interiors or family 2 bedroom suite?

landsear

Hello everyone!

I've sailed on Carnival 6x, this will be our first NCL cruise. We're going on a 5 day cruise on the Gem with our 4 and 6 year old. Would you suggest two interior conjoining rooms, or the family 2 bedroom suite?

Anything else stand out that I need to know as a first time NCL cruiser?

Thanks so much!

The two bedroom suites are very nice.  The second bedroom is small , but so are your children.  Cost will be more. 

no experience with Carnival but here are some NCL suite perks

breakfast and lunch in a speciality restaurant,  special suite menu

afternoon treats, many report getting kid friendly treats upon request. 

butler brings the treats, ice, coffee, tres , tip butler at end.  Butler  also brings room service. 

priority boarding, special disembarking at ports, and tender tickets.  
press Coffee machine, upgraded bath products including salts 

many suites the tub overlooks water 

do the interiors have tubs?   Not sure. That is an issue for small children for some. 

1 hour ago, landsear said:

Hello everyone!

I've sailed on Carnival 6x, this will be our first NCL cruise. We're going on a 5 day cruise on the Gem with our 4 and 6 year old. Would you suggest two interior conjoining rooms, or the family 2 bedroom suite?

Thanks so much!

It is the difference between a Chevy and a Cadillac. While the per person cost for the suite is a lot more, they kids will sail free. So it will slightly offset the total cruise cost. 

If you can afford the suite, go for it. The kids will get a kick of having a butler. 

Edited by BirdTravels

2 hours ago, landsear said:

Hello everyone!

Thanks so much!

Without question, if it's in the budget, take the suite.  You won't be sorry.

! ! ! ! !

There are two classes of the 2BR suite on the GEM - the 2BR suite class SC (10 of them) on deck 11

AND then the 2BR HAVEN suite class H4 deck 14 (8 of them) for roughly $1K more than the deck 11 suites.

Both of these are about the same in area and facilities - both have Butler and Concierge.

The second BR has a couch bed and a pull down Pullman bed (?s for use by children) * alternative

use the couch in the Main room converts to another floor level bed

The deck 11 suites DO NOT have HAVEN access privileges

52 minutes ago, milolii said:

Ah,  yes,  thanks. Then meals in the Haven Restaurant.  Private pool area as well.  Very nice.  

The GEM does NOT have a HAVEN (full service Restaurant - Bar) --- Private pool YES

Please check this out to know the differences and not be disappointed.

For sure the suite (and all of its perks) would be nicer than two interiors. If you can afford the price difference and still comfortably cover your travel expenses, shore excursions, hotel costs (if applicable), gratuities (which will be higher in a suite),  souvenirs, etc. than go for the suite.  

For the two interior rooms you will need to have an adult registered in each cabin. Also two interior cabins would give you no place for any family time. I know that there are also family balcony cabins that will sleep the four of you all in one cabin. We have stayed in the 2br suite when traveling with my MIL between the 2nd bedroom, the master bedroom, and the living room we could be all together, or separate as we needed. DURN is correct that all the Jewel class ships have a Haven - it does not have the haven restaurant like the newer ships have. Also not all suites on the Jewel class have haven access. 

IMHO if you can afford it, the 2br suite (deck11 style) would be the ultimate experience for the family. Followed by a family balcony, a family inside/oceanview, and then two insides. 

I had the same dilemma a year ago, only I was looking between two oceanviews and the deck 11 2 br suites.  Originally booked the oceanviews but switched over to the suite.  So so so glad I did.  They are amazing rooms!  And usually not *that* much more than two regular rooms.  Having a living room was great.  The balcony was awesome.  The bathroom alone was worth the additional price - then add on a super nice breakfast and lunch spot, priority boarding, butler service... those rooms spoiled me for anything else, at least when travelling with the kids.