Packing secrets

Scubadoc

Pouch of over the counter meds for cold, flu, nausea, band-aids, etc. (better to have if you need it since those are limited and expensive on board.)

Pop-up hamper (dollar store item) and detergent pods to do laundry if needed

ziplock or swimsuit bag to pack wet swimsuits

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Why ?

Brita removes chlorine taste from the water in the cabin, I don't like the coffee on Princess (including specialty), I like movie night in the cabin, the humidifier combats dryness caused by air-conditioner and the swiss card comes in handy for lots of things.😀

Edited by andlep

36 minutes ago, andlep said:

Brita removes chlorine taste from the water in the cabin, I don't like the coffee on Princess (including specialty), I like movie night in the cabin, the humidifier combats dryness caused by air-conditioner and the swiss card comes in handy for lots of things.😀

What's a swiss card?

• Like 1

Apart from the usual things such as magnets, clothespegs, laundry pods, my own shampoo/conditioner, small first aid kit, etc., I always bring a small torch.  Rarely need it but on our first cruise the ship's power failed and we were literally in the dark.  LOL that torch sure came in handy.

• Like 1

Sore throat lozenges like Ricoli and a decongestant that works for you. Plan on being around some people on the ship that will be coughing and sneezing as it's that time of year again.

We also bring a travel router when we each don't have our own onboard internet accounts.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I pack a couple of plastic hangars so can hang wet clothes on the clothes line in the shower without the clothes losing shape.

I pack several light weight disposable gloves to use when washing items of clothing in sink.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, brisalta said:

I am surprised that gets past security.

I usually check it and have never had an issue on flights or cruises.

However in the hotel in Rome prior to boarding the Sky I threw as much stuff in my carry on bags as I could and forgot that it was in the carry on. Security in Civitivecchia during boarding found it. They were going to take it but they ended up giving it to me. 

Have been carrying it to cruises for 10 plus years.

5 hours ago, brisalta said:

I pack a couple of plastic hangars so can hang wet clothes on the clothes line in the shower without the clothes losing shape.

I pack several light weight disposable gloves to use when washing items of clothing in sink.

We always bring a couple of magnetic hooks to dry clothes in the cabin. They stay great on the ceiling.

Product Image 1

• Like 3