NCL - Crafty Ways for 3rd & 4th guest drink package

dcs1989

15 minutes ago, purpleally said:

I am absolutely NOT making judgements about the OP. They were asking best way economically to get drink package for everyone on their party. I said absolutely nothing about the OP. Just responded to the two people who gave advice on stealing, one of which was you. 

The OP was not asking how to steal drinks. 

OK, first: You are right--the OP was not the person I thought I was responding to. It was someone else that I at the time thought was the OP. So I apologize for the misunderstanding on that and inferring you were judging the OP.

Second: My comment was (I thought) replying to OP's question. It was not advocating "stealing" or advising anyone to steal--that was a judgement on your part. What I said is true. If someone were to cut corners/be crafty that is the safest way to do so. Period. It's not for me to make someone's decision on what is right or wrong. As I already said, I would not buy drinks and share them with someone else. 

29 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Surprised CC would allow anyone to give advice as how to steal drinks.  Can't even sell CruiseNext certificates on here since 12/9/19.

Confused where you saw someone ask advice on how to steal drinks.  The OP asked a question regarding the most economical way possible to get a drink package for her group.  How others chose to respond is on them.  The OP then came back to state she did not want to steal drinks (when accused) and with the new promo allowing all in a room to have the package would try and book that way.  Never once did the OP ask for ways to steal drinks.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thistimeplease said:

Confused where you saw someone ask advice on how to steal drinks.  The OP asked a question regarding the most economical way possible to get a drink package for her group.  How others chose to respond is on them.  The OP then came back to state she did not want to steal drinks (when accused) and with the new promo allowing all in a room to have the package would try and book that way.  Never once did the OP ask for ways to steal drinks.  

The OP asked for a "crafty" way to get drinks for people not purchasing the PBP...... the OP did not clarify that they meant "economical" until people reacted. Look up "crafty" in the dictionary and you will see that the OP's word and tone certainly implied "steal" and the only thing missing was a "wink" emoji

Crafty is defined as being clever at achieving one's aims by indirect or deceitful methods.
An example: "a crafty crook faked an injury to escape from prison"
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

OK, first: You are right--the OP was not the person I thought I was responding to. It was someone else that I at the time thought was the OP. So I apologize for the misunderstanding on that and inferring you were judging the OP.

Second: My comment was (I thought) replying to OP's question. It was not advocating "stealing" or advising anyone to steal--that was a judgement on your part. What I said is true. If someone were to cut corners/be crafty that is the safest way to do so. Period. It's not for me to make someone's decision on what is right or wrong. As I already said, I would not buy drinks and share them with someone else. 

Ok. Thank you for recognizing the OP part

true, I was being judgemental on your advice, never said you personally shared. You do not, nor do I 

I'm not sure how a simple question turns so hostile?  My post clearly mentions a suggestion where I pull full price to validly obtain a drink package....and also says i'm likely SoL and will have to pay.  I should have used a different word choice and economical sounds more to the point than crafty.  I hope yall have a better 2020 - don't think so poorly on people.  

But to follow up - my cruise consultant was WRONG.  The cruise is booked in full and all of us have the drink package included in one single H4 2 Bedroom Haven suite on the NCL Encore.  Thank you to everyone who actually responded. 

Moral of this post:

1.) Don't jump to conclusions and bash people for no reason - ask for clarification first.

2.) Don't trust your cruise consultant 😄

Edited by dcs1989
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, dcs1989 said:

I'm not sure how a simple question turns so hostile?  My post clearly mentions a suggestion where I pull full price to validly obtain a drink package....and also says i'm likely SoL and will have to pay.  I should have used a different word choice and economical sounds more to the point than crafty.  I hope yall have a better 2020 - don't think so poorly on people.  

But to follow up - my cruise consultant was WRONG.  The cruise is booked in full and all of us have the drink package included in one single H4 2 Bedroom Haven suite on the NCL Encore.  Thank you to everyone who actually responded. 

Moral of this post:

1.) Don't jump to conclusions and bash people for no reason - ask for clarification first.

2.) Don't trust your cruise consultant 😄

I knew what you meant from the start and am glad it worked out for. Have a great NY and a great cruise.

10 hours ago, thistimeplease said:

Did not say OP said it, just said I am surprised ANYONE would be allowed to discuss how it could be done.