Canadian site still terrible?!

petuniaflower

Does anyone know where we can prepay our gratuities and add our credit card information to the booking?

The MSC for Me app doesn't appear to be working. I does not recognize my # number. Anyone else having the same issues?

Edited by toes_in_sand
add

On 1/17/2020 at 10:05 AM, Tracy Po said:

Guys. GUYS. Someone on that big social media site figured out how we can book excursions on the US site! He took a couple screenshots to share his discovery.

Step #2 (erasing browser history) is vital: it won’t work otherwise.

Hat tip to Sylvain Despelteau!

E647522C-E83D-42FB-A1F9-B12AB1F46B96.jpeg

64CD8572-CD45-4A42-BB52-1FB84FF04904.jpeg

Thank for for the info.

From there, do you know where I can print the documents ?

On the canadian site, even if my informations are all in, I can't print

21 minutes ago, xcell said:

I was trying to transfer my booking from MSC (Canada) to my TA and it seems more difficult than it is supposed to be.

Everything seems to be more difficult than it should be.

The website is convoluted and unstable.

The Voyagers Club list of discounted sailings (5 + 5, 10 or 15%) is hidden under "Manage Bookings" and not evident like on the US site, which is under "Voyagers Club".....duh

The Canadian call centre is even worse. The agents were not able to apply the Voyagers Club discount. The booking had to be referred to a manager to manually apply the discount later in the day. Then you have to call back to find out the final price. 

Also, because I had a previous issue with my deposits being non-refundable (it was hidden in the fine print) and now more fares with non-refundable deposits, I read the terms & conditions very carefully.

The US version:

• Cruises 5 nights or less (excluding MSC Yacht Club): $99 per adult or $198 per stateroom (based on double occupancy)
  • Cruises 6 – 14 nights (excluding MSC Yacht Club): $199 per adults or $398 per stateroom (based on double occupancy)
  • Cruises 15 nights or longer (excluding World Cruises and MSC Yacht Club): $300 per adult or $600 per stateroom (based on double occupancy)
  • World Cruises: Non-Refundable 15% of total fare
  • MSC Yacht Club:
    • Cruises 5 nights or less: Non-Refundable $99 per adult or $198 per stateroom (based on double occupancy)
    • Cruises 6 – 14 nights: Non-Refundable $199 per adult or $398 per stateroom (based on double occupancy)
    • Cruises 15 nights or longer: Non-Refundable $300 per adult or $600 per stateroom (based on double occupancy)

and the Canadian version:

1.3       Cruises 5 nights or less: non-refundable deposit of $99 per adult or $198 per stateroom (based on double occupancy). Cruises 6-14 nights: non-refundable $199 per adult or $398 per stateroom (based on double occupancy). Cruises 15 nights or longer: a non-refundable $300 per adult or $600 per stateroom (based on double occupancy) is due and payable by the Passenger at the time of Booking.  For the World Cruise, a non-refundable deposit equal to 15% of the price of the Package is due and payable by the Passenger within the first week starting from the date of the booking confirmation.

So that says all Canadian deposits are non-refundable.

Looks like they didn't do a very good cut & paste, but the "devil is in the details" and these are the T&C you're agreeing to.

It shouldn't be this difficult to book a cruise 😞

19 hours ago, Casanova02 said:

From there, do you know where I can print the documents ?

IHi Casanova02, f you mean excursions, etc, MSC will send you an email verifying that you have reserved them.

As for the cruise documents themselves I’m afraid I have no information to offer on that. I couldn’t print my cruise documents either, but because we booked through a TA, the TA sent us our cruise tickets.

i sincerely hope that the pre-board info and your tickets will all be in the MSC system when you check in at port. 

Edited by Tracy Po

54 minutes ago, Tracy Po said:

IHi Casanova02, f you mean excursions, etc, MSC will send you an email verifying that you have reserved them.

As for the cruise documents themselves I’m afraid I have no information to offer on that. I couldn’t print my cruise documents either, but because we booked through a TA, the TA sent us our cruise tickets.

i sincerely hope that the pre-board info and your tickets will all be in the MSC system when you check in at port. 

Hi

Thanks for coming back

I got my documents....  I call MSC and they sent me the documents

and btw, they speak a very good french...

I was dithering between two day trips to Jerusalem from Eilat port but finally decided to book it.  I'm glad I did. Using the very helpful screenshots and explanation on Page 1, I finally go to the extensive list of excursions.  The decision was made for me as one of the 2 options was fully booked.  Booked the alternative and received my confirmation promptly by email.  I can't find the thermal suite pass on the US site and the set up for cabin extras is not as 'pretty' as on the Canadian site.  I think I'll be booking on both sites depending on what I want to buy...or which is offering the best price, as the US site was charging me in Euro.