Britannia cabin change - Balcony to Superior Deluxe

Firsttimecruise10

Hello all

I have booked a surprise 40th cruise for my partners birthday, this will be our first time on a cruise! Currently I have booked a unobstructed balcony cabin however, I have seen that I would be £100 cash and £90obc better off if I cancelled and rebooked a superior cabin (I have accounted for losing my original deposit). My only concern is that the superior cabin is below the lido deck. Bearing in mind we will have a 1 year with us, how noisy is this likely to be and would be it worth changing to the larger room?

For those interested it would be cancelling cabin C320 and booking A410/425.

Many thanks in advance

9 hours ago, Firsttimecruise10 said:

Hello all

I have booked a surprise 40th cruise for my partners birthday, this will be our first time on a cruise! Currently I have booked a unobstructed balcony cabin however, I have seen that I would be £100 cash and £90obc better off if I cancelled and rebooked a superior cabin (I have accounted for losing my original deposit). My only concern is that the superior cabin is below the lido deck. Bearing in mind we will have a 1 year with us, how noisy is this likely to be and would be it worth changing to the larger room?

For those interested it would be cancelling cabin C320 and booking A410/425.

Many thanks in advance

I have looked at this on icruise.com  and the information contained on the P&O Cruises Britannia complete list of cabins and suites page; indicates C320 is a Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabin grade DB and this is the same type and grade as A410 and A425 (all three same type and grade).  My conclusion therefore is that you have made a clerical error with the relevant cabin numbers or your original booking has been upgraded from a basic Unobstructed Balcony to a Superior Deluxe Balcony Cabin (C320) without you realising this happened. Please update us with the situation.

Regards John

Personally I'd choose more space (especially with a baby and all his/her stuff), over the risk of some noise.  The higher deck cabin is also less forward, so hopefully a more stable/comfortable journey.  The Superior Deluxe cabins also come with a couple of extra perks such as a bottle of fizz.  For me the above reasons, alongside the money you will save, point towards re-booking.  Just my own thoughts though, different things are important for different people.  Enjoy your cruise, sounds a lovely celebration.

1 hour ago, Firsttimecruise10 said:

Hi John

Apologies we are currently booked in cabin C230 not 320.

sorry if that caused confusion and thank for your reply 

This makes sense now; C230 is a Standard Balcony (without a sofa).  The sofa balcony cabins are a bit bigger apparently to fit a sofa in a suitable manner.  Your original is therefore marginally smaller.  It was classified as Forward and the neighbouring cabin is classified Mid-forward at a higher grade.

In respect of A410 it is below Lido Deck open area where dragging of loungers for tidy ups might happen early and or late and aside a swimming pool.  A425 below Lido Deck but is aside The Riviera Bar so no loungers above it.  That is a far better choice out of the two in my opinion.  These Deluxe variants are grade DB if you could get a DA an upgrade if you were very lucky would need to be a suite. The balconies on all the cabins are not wide by fleet standards but the extras within are worth having but you need to assess price against your selection.

Regards John

Edited by john watson