It is possible to cheat on kid age for the kid activities with RCCL? I have an 11 year old that wants to hang out with...

No.  Since you must provide a birth certificate or passport, the age is known and coded into the seapass card.

if there are a lot of kids on board they will Not make exceptions.  If there are not, they might combine the two age groups but no guarantees.  The age they are on the first day of the cruise is what they go by.  

• Like 2

It may be allowed if there are not many kids in the teen group. Keep in mind though, the teens groups are 12-14 years old and 15-17 and the kids hang out together most of the time.  There are some different activities based on age, but they pretty much hang out together in one room.

There is a huge difference between a 12 year old and a 17 year old, and even though your 11 year old wants to hang out with the older kids, they may not want him/her to be in their lounge etc.

They could all hang out together, just not in the clubs.  Trying to cheat, which is never good, but that's on you, isn't going to work as their Sea Pass probably has info about the age.

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Depending on the ship the ages have changed. Teens is now 13 to 17 and the kids is up to 12. 

This is rolling out fleetwide. 

Do you know if this is just for the newly amplified ships with all the age groups from 6-12 combined and the 3-5 year olds in another room, or if this will take affect even in non amplified ships with the old 3-5,6-8,9-11 age groups.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Depending on the ship the ages have changed. Teens is now 13 to 17 and the kids is up to 12. 

This is rolling out fleetwide. 

WHOA!   That’s a big change!!   I hope they make that public - it is definitely something that would have impacted our vacation choices with a 12yo!!  To have middle schoolers stuck in with little kids is going to be weird...especially on those ships like Navigator with a smaller space!! It would have been a factor for the family we cruised with in April who had a 12yo Girl who definitely wanted/needed to be with her 14yo cousin!!

My son is 13 now so not an issue for me but at 12 it would have been awkward having him with 9 year olds!!  He was 5’7 with size 11 men’s shoes at 12.5 years old!!  (He is about 5’9” with size 13 shoes at 13.2 years old!!)  ....and he had a ‘girlfriend’ for most of his 6th grade school year...I just can’t imagine 6th/7th graders with 4th graders (coincidentally my daughter is 9 and a 4th grader - so I have plenty of experience with this age mix!)

19 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Do you know if this is just for the newly amplified ships with all the age groups from 6-12 combined and the 3-5 year olds in another room, or if this will take affect even in non amplified ships with the old 3-5,6-8,9-11 age groups.

Sorry, not sure how this is going to be rolled out.  It was this way on Oasis last week.

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry, not sure how this is going to be rolled out.  It was this way on Oasis last week.

The Oasis has totally revamped their kids program with the amplification.   Combining the 6-8 and 9-11 and apparently adding in the 12 year olds as well.  Wonder how this will be implemented fleet wide or if they will maintain their traditional kids program on the older smaller ships.

I know that Anthem has 12 yo in the teen club, at least over Thanksgiving.  It was a big step for the granddaughter to move up and try to fit in with the big kids.  They do have 2 different age groups but don't remember what the teen break down was.  You should ask when you check them in and hopefully it will work out the way you want.  As some one said, it depends on how many kids are on board and registered for Adventure Ocean.  Good Luck.

Protip:   Your child is signed in to Adventure Ocean with their seapass each time they show up.  The Seapass  has their photo and their age. There is no "cheating" the system.

You can request the change, but it's really up to the adventure ocean manager.

Our daughter was on Allure and in her age group there were all boys, the first two nights.   She didn't feel comfortable. They were playing dodgeball each night and that wasn't her thing.

She asked to go up or down, just so there might be another girl to hang out with.

The manager told me she would personally observe my daughter before choosing whether to grant the move.

We tried it on another ship and same thing, the managers call, but she consulted staff before making the decision.

2 hours ago, MCruiser30 said:

siblings that are 12-14.

Protips on how to make this happen are appreciated.

Thanks!

They have a roster with names and birth dates.

If you lie and try and cheat the system they'll say no. 

If you go and explain the situation, they'll more than likely let you sign the waiver for them to join the teen club. 

As with all age group changes, one wrong move or if they're immature/don't fit in with their new group, they'll be back down to the appropriate group. 

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

The Oasis has totally revamped their kids program with the amplification.   Combining the 6-8 and 9-11 and apparently adding in the 12 year olds as well.  Wonder how this will be implemented fleet wide or if they will maintain their traditional kids program on the older smaller ships.

Ugh - my 12 year old was a Camp Councilor last summer for little kids!!  I cannot imagine it being ‘fun’ for these big kids with girlfriends and phones and that primp in the mirror to be with 6 year olds?!

And how intimidating for those little kids to see these giants or play dodgeball with them!  Yikes!!!! 

• Like 1

My 11 year old girl was able to age up on Anthem in 2019.  I think most of this was because they had so many kids in the 9-11 group that anyone with an older family member was allowed to age up with them.  That said, if it wasn't for the fact that my very responsible niece was in that older group (16) I would not have allowed it.  We've unfortunately seen bad behavior from that group in the past couple of cruises (including stealing).  Also, boys.... Sigh. LOL  She had a 16 year old in the group trying to get her number, knowing her age.  But I also could be a prude...

On 1/2/2020 at 1:41 AM, rimmit said:

This would make we think twice about a family cruise. Our 7 year old would not like to be in a group with 12 year olds. There’s a big physical and mental difference in those ages. 
To me it makes no sense to spend millions on water slides, bumping cars, etc and scrimp on the kids club. 
Hopefully this is only on Oasis. 

59 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

This would make we think twice about a family cruise. Our 7 year old would not like to be in a group with 12 year olds. There’s a big physical and mental difference in those ages. 
To me it makes no sense to spend millions on water slides, bumping cars, etc and scrimp on the kids club. 

At least they keep the 3-5 year olds separate.  On Disney it’s a free for all.  They stick the 3-12 year olds in the same room and let them do whatever they want.  While there are occasional organized activities in the Disney kids program if a child wants to play an iPad for 4 hours straight there is nothing stopping them there.

5 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Its nothing new. On a lot of ships the 6-8 and the 9-11 age groups are always combined, and it happens on all ships when its quiet.

Every cruise there will be a few 12 year old bumps downs too.

But the 6 year olds and the 12 year olds all survive and come back for more....