Beverage Packages Disappeared?

Host Joe

Hello, I am online this evening preparing for our upcoming cruise and was going to purchase beverage packages and they have completely disappeared.  When I go into "Beverages" all that comes up are Martha Stewart packages.  Anyone else notice this?  Perhaps it is a website issue?

Thank you and Happy New Year!

The prices of all the drink packages are going up $15 in 2020. MSC had made a announcement of that earlier this year and said that you can avoid the new prices by book your package in advance before 2020. Maybe thats the reason why the packages are not availible at this moment due the new pricing is not set online.

Edited by Maikell

14 minutes ago, Host Joe said:

Oh my gosh, okay, that is really significant!  I had no idea.  

I'd like to note that the annoucement was made on the European website(s). Perhaps this price raise will only set for the European market. I don't no for sure if they raise for the US but it look like it now the packages are not availible in the US. 

Edited by Maikell

6 minutes ago, Maikell said:

I'd like to note that the annoucement was made on the European website(s). Perhaps this price raise will only set for the European market. I don't no for sure if they raise for the US but it look like it now the packages are not availible in the US. 

That is a really massive increase in price.  It is strange because just this morning I received an email reminding me to plan ahead now for our cruise by purchasing our drink package.  And the link takes you to the packages and prices are the same, but then when you go to buy them they are not there.  Hopefully it is just a glitch.

16 minutes ago, Host Joe said:

That is a really massive increase in price.  It is strange because just this morning I received an email reminding me to plan ahead now for our cruise by purchasing our drink package.  And the link takes you to the packages and prices are the same, but then when you go to buy them they are not there.  Hopefully it is just a glitch.

Maybe it is a glitch indeed. I am not happy with the increased price so i booked my package in advance last month. On the other hand, it is just $15 of increase on the whole package for a 7 night cruise and not on a daily base. I think it was espected that this happend because the prices where to good to be true comparing to other cruiselines.

Edited by Maikell
  • Like 1

In case anyone was wondering: it's still not there. I had hopes that it was missing because it was the middle of the night on a holiday and thus they were updating the site. Nope. 

I honestly booked this sailing because it was affordable with the given drink package (I can't have a drink package or my bar tab doubling the cost of my trip.) I am upset and disappointed that the drink package appears to be no longer an option. It would have been nice to know that I had to book it before the new year. I was not in a hurry because I do not sail until next month and it's always best to put off booking something until you absolutely must. I didn't know that "absolutely must" was last week. 

• Like 1

The packages show up for my US sailings as Easy $35pp/day, Premium $62pp/day and Premium Plus $79pp/day.  For my European sailings they show up as Easy $35pp/day, Premium $47pp/day and Premium Plus $65pp/day.  These prices are through the "ENHANCE YOUR CRUISE" area of my bookings on the MSC USA site and I can get all the way with the purchase to entering my CC information.  US website is full of glitches, you might want to call in.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maikell said:

Maybe it is a glitch indeed. I am not happy with the increased price so i booked my package in advance last month. On the other hand, it is just $15 of increase on the whole package for a 7 night cruise and not on a daily base. I think it was espected that this happend because the prices where to good to be true comparing to other cruiselines.

Thank you so much for the clarification!  I thought it was $15 per DAY.... lol... okay, I can deal with that.

1 hour ago, elbodans said:

In case anyone was wondering: it's still not there. I had hopes that it was missing because it was the middle of the night on a holiday and thus they were updating the site. Nope. 

I honestly booked this sailing because it was affordable with the given drink package (I can't have a drink package or my bar tab doubling the cost of my trip.) I am upset and disappointed that the drink package appears to be no longer an option. It would have been nice to know that I had to book it before the new year. I was not in a hurry because I do not sail until next month and it's always best to put off booking something until you absolutely must. I didn't know that "absolutely must" was last week. 

I am with you, we are on the Meraviglia the first week of February and booked it on a total last minute budget.  Our goal is to not have a room bill other than the tips.  We were on Seaside in August and accomplished it perfectly.  We loved the Easy package... there are some great tips on how to use it fully. 

• Like 1

If all you want is the Easy package it is usually a little cheaper to get it through the All In promotion rather than purchasing separately.  If the current offer is the same version of this promotion as when you booked (there's been three versions of All In so far) you should be able to switch without having to cancel and re-book.  Calling in is a pain and you don't always get someone knowledgeable but it's worth a shot.

• Like 1

I'm on Armonia on Monday, January 20 and I was waiting for my travel-buddy's money transfer to me to clear before I put the Easy package on my credit card. Who knew that one-day delay was going to be such a pain? After enduring a half-hour of Mediterranean Moments on the speaker phone, the gal at MSC reminded me that I booked through a travel agent and could not help me. 😣 In any case, the TA got Easy added to our reservation for the going $245 pp.

It makes you wonder, then, why MSC removed the functionality just as Wave Season was ramping up? MSC will never be able to compete with mainstream North American cruise lines if they continue to make bone-headed decisions like this. (No matter how sexy their new ships are.) That said, it should keep prices low for those budget cruisers like me that are willing to jump through all the MSC hoops. 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

I'm on Armonia on Monday, January 20 and I was waiting for my travel-buddy's money transfer to me to clear before I put the Easy package on my credit card. Who knew that one-day delay was going to be such a pain? After enduring a half-hour of Mediterranean Moments on the speaker phone, the gal at MSC reminded me that I booked through a travel agent and could not help me. 😣 In any case, the TA got Easy added to our reservation for the going $245 pp.

It makes you wonder, then, why MSC removed the functionality just as Wave Season was ramping up? MSC will never be able to compete with mainstream North American cruise lines if they continue to make bone-headed decisions like this. (No matter how sexy their new ships are.) That said, it should keep prices low for those budget cruisers like me that are willing to jump through all the MSC hoops. 😉

Sounds like I will need to call in then and book over the phone 😉.  Thank you for the update!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 42go said:

I have experienced the exact same problem just now. The drinks package button leads to Martha Stewart "goodies." Very strange. Who runs their website? 

One would think it would be someone in Miami (i.e. MSC Cruises USA), but I'm guessing it's someone in Geneva. Someone mentioned above some anticipation of prices rising in Europe; likely the software change is having a global effect on all of MSC's operations.

I just went to the website to contact customer service via email about the drinks issue and when I correctly entered my booking number and sail date I got "invalid information." I guess they don't want to hear from their customers. As my husband said, "They are cheap for a reason." Or his other quote is "You don't get what you don't pay for." Hahaha - what can you do?!

I called this afternoon and they are currently updating their web site. According to the lady on the phone that's why the drinking packages does not show. She told me everything should be settled and working soon. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Host Joe said:

I am with you, we are on the Meraviglia the first week of February and booked it on a total last minute budget.  Our goal is to not have a room bill other than the tips.  We were on Seaside in August and accomplished it perfectly.  We loved the Easy package... there are some great tips on how to use it fully. 

I did the exact same thing with the exact same sailing--so see you on board! Say hello when you see me--I'll be the one with the moscow mule, because apparently those are covered on the Easy Drinks pacakge.  My friend and I booked together but in separate cabins--via text, as we live in different states--on Christmas eve. The fare was cheaper than staying home. Getting to the port will be challenging-ish for me, as I need to fly in and it's Super Bowl weekend. But we made it work. 

I'm interested in the Easy Package tips! I did read about ordering virgin mixed drinks and liquor straight and mixing them. I'm open to any other tips! 

Also: friend I am traveling with called today. She said they told her that the site is having issues due to the year turnover and that's the only problem. They promised her we could book the package until 2 days before sailing with no issue. and we have just under a month, so I'm sure it will be fine. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fraizy33 said:

I called this afternoon and they are currently updating their web site. According to the lady on the phone that's why the drinking packages does not show. She told me everything should be settled and working soon. 

I can confirm this, as my travel companion also called today. 

11 hours ago, elbodans said:

I did the exact same thing with the exact same sailing--so see you on board! Say hello when you see me--I'll be the one with the moscow mule, because apparently those are covered on the Easy Drinks pacakge.  My friend and I booked together but in separate cabins--via text, as we live in different states--on Christmas eve. The fare was cheaper than staying home. Getting to the port will be challenging-ish for me, as I need to fly in and it's Super Bowl weekend. But we made it work. 

I'm interested in the Easy Package tips! I did read about ordering virgin mixed drinks and liquor straight and mixing them. I'm open to any other tips! 

Also: friend I am traveling with called today. She said they told her that the site is having issues due to the year turnover and that's the only problem. They promised her we could book the package until 2 days before sailing with no issue. and we have just under a month, so I'm sure it will be fine. 

How fun!  My partner Alan and I are so excited about this trip.  We found really reasonable flights into Fort Lauderdale and we have an Airbnb there for two nights prior to the cruise.  Keep an eye out for us and say hello!

The tips we learned were what you mentioned about the virgin drinks with a side shot.  9 times out of 10 they just mixed them in for us.  The other tip is that you can order doubles if you would like a stronger drink, as it falls under the easy package.  We drink a lot of water and are always grabbing bottles of water and storing a couple extra in our room for use.

5 hours ago, Host Joe said:

How fun!  My partner Alan and I are so excited about this trip.  We found really reasonable flights into Fort Lauderdale and we have an Airbnb there for two nights prior to the cruise.  Keep an eye out for us and say hello!

The tips we learned were what you mentioned about the virgin drinks with a side shot.  9 times out of 10 they just mixed them in for us.  The other tip is that you can order doubles if you would like a stronger drink, as it falls under the easy package.  We drink a lot of water and are always grabbing bottles of water and storing a couple extra in our room for use.

Oooh--great tip about the doubles! Thanks for the info! And good to know that people do the virgin drink hack often. That will make me feel less self-conscious about it. 

I will totally say hello to you and your partner Alan when Heather and I run into you, likely at a bar, likely sipping virgin drinks with double shots of liquor. 

Safe travels, and happy cruising! 

• Like 1

Oh and update: the beverage packages are back up on the site. My travel companion and I just booked our Easy Beverage packages. 

They remain the same per-day cost, for a total of $245 USD for a 7 night sailing. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2020 at 12:27 PM, elbodans said:

Oh and update: the beverage packages are back up on the site. My travel companion and I just booked our Easy Beverage packages. 

They remain the same per-day cost, for a total of $245 USD for a 7 night sailing. 

Cheers! 

Same here, we are booked with the Easy Packages for $245 each!

• Like 1