Guest Damage to Cabin on RC

On 1/2/2020 at 10:28 AM, PCWalton1 said:

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt". Sarcasm may employ ambivalence, although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.

For those that don't recognize the use see example below.

The "modern" method of online sarcasm is the sarcasm emoji 🙃 where tone and inflection are harder to "hear"

• Like 2

21 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

I just gained 3 pounds eating my buttered pop corn! 

Wow it always amuses me at how many people on here are perfect. I have 2 grown kids, 1 grown niece , 1 grown nephew, an 11 yr old niece and I've worked with kids for 20 yrs (over  40 if you include all my baby sitting too). 

Just an FYI for the perfect people with perfect kids living in a perfect world....kids do things. They get angry, throw tantrums , throw objects, scream , stomp and slam. They don't need anger management. They are learning and they haven't gotten to the control part. I remember my son jumping on his bed ( at home) in anger and put his hand threw a window ( by the grace of God he didn't get hurt) he was so afraid of us being angry at him. Things happen when you have kids. It's part of life!

I remember when my 9 year old daughter was really angry with us. 

She sat up all night cutting her bedspread into little pieces. She was very neat with it, putting the scraps into a trash bag. 

She went the rest of the school year with no spread. 

It was a shame because she had picked it out with its matching window curtains. 

Children don't always make rational decisions! 

• Like 3

On 1/2/2020 at 8:00 AM, Dancingnurse79 said:

Someone has never heard of a temper tantrum. It’s a 10 y/o child, they throw fits on occasion. Heck, my 13 y/o threw fits last summer when the hormones kicked into high gear. So, yes, it is normal for a child of 10 to occasionally act out. You’re the adult, grow up. 

I’m so sorry but I have to disagree with this. This has nothing to do with the OP’s question but it is not normal for a child to have a “tantrum” as you call it at that age.   I have three sons 23, 21, and 13 and my boys have never thrown anything in anger. They know better. Maybe when they were one, but at 10 or 13, no ma’am.  I’m not saying it doesn’t happen,  but it’s not normal.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

I’m so sorry but I have to disagree with this. This has nothing to do with the OP’s question but it is not normal for a child to have a “tantrum” as you call it at that age.   I have three sons 23, 21, and 13 and my boys have never thrown anything in anger. They know better. Maybe when they were one, but at 10 or 13, no ma’am.  I’m not saying it doesn’t happen,  but it’s not normal.

You must be a tightly wound family. 🤷‍♀️ I’m not saying that throwing things is acceptable on a regular basis but that it can happen on occasion. My guess is that the OP’s child was very embarrassed, probably scared of the consequences, and definitely learned a lesson from the incident. The child clearly didn’t mean to cause damage. They were just venting frustration in a physical way. Therapists sometimes give giant boxing gloves or other oversized fighting equipment to help people work out frustrations in a physical way. Some adults work out frustration in intimate ways. My point is, you are not the arbiter of how people should deal with their emotions, especially someone else’s child. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

Can you show us your license? You do have one right since you are en expert

on child behavior.

Having children doesn’t mean you know everything. And how rude to sit here with zero qualifications to say, that someone else’s child’s behavior is abnormal. 

8 minutes ago, Dancingnurse79 said:

You must be a tightly wound family. 🤷‍♀️ I’m not saying that throwing things is acceptable on a regular basis but that it can happen on occasion. My guess is that the OP’s child was very embarrassed, probably scared of the consequences, and definitely learned a lesson from the incident. The child clearly didn’t mean to cause damage. They were just venting frustration in a physical way. Therapists sometimes give giant boxing gloves or other oversized fighting equipment to help people work out frustrations in a physical way. Some adults work out frustration in intimate ways. My point is, you are not the arbiter of how people should deal with their emotions, especially someone else’s child. 

You are correct, I am not the arbiter of how people should deal with their emotions.    I guess I was going by my experience as were you.  

• Like 1

Just now, BeachChik said:

Can you show us your license? You do have one right since you are en expert

on child behavior.

Having children doesn’t mean you know everything. And how rude to sit here with zero qualifications to say, that someone else’s child’s behavior is abnormal. 

In my experience it is not the norm.  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

BS. Maybe not in front of you!

On 1/2/2020 at 10:08 AM, Dancingnurse79 said:

The OP was asking if anyone else had a situation where they had to deal with cabin damage. It’s completely solicited advice, unless you count the criticism of their child. Kids get tired and cranky at the end of vacation. My son was 12 last summer and gave up trying to see things on the last day and refused to look around at anything at the Tower of London and was just generally miserable to be around. He’s been known to scream into his pillow when he’s mad at me. Kids react in different ways to exhaustion and frustration. Have you never snapped at someone when you’re angry or frustrated? Sheesh. No one mentioned the brush being thrown at a person. That was your assumption. 

I hear you! My kids all had at least one outburst through puberty. They are all great adults, not one with an anger management issue. It sounds like the OP handled it perfectly.

19 minutes ago, rs45thompson said:

You are correct, I am not the arbiter of how people should deal with their emotions.    I guess I was going by my experience as were you.  

I will add that if my child were to throw something, he’d get fussed at. I wouldn’t just let it go, especially if he damaged something. But the point was that people are human and make mistakes. As parents, we do our best to guide them to make better choices, including managing our emotions. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 8:54 AM, twangster said:

Probably in hopes of finding someone who has gone through something similar. 

Someone on CC has accidently broken something before.  Someone here has experienced something like this.  Maybe not a broken mirror but maybe a broken lamp or ripped a sofa cushion by accident.  

I also don't see where the child was reported to have throw the brush at anyone.  

Twangster, I don't believe we have met (maybe, somewhere via RC Periscopers) , but I hope I get to meet you some day.

1 minute ago, Chitoryubt said:

Twangster, I don't believe we have met (maybe, somewhere via RC Periscopers) , but I hope I get to meet you some day.

I suspect we haven't met, I'd remember running into a bear on a cruise ship.  (your profile picture)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

I suspect we haven't met, I'd remember running into a bear on a cruise ship.  (your profile picture)

That's my late, beloved yellow labrador. She had so much fun in that ski mask (knew she looked good).

Edited by Chitoryubt
sp
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

She sat up all night cutting her bedspread into little pieces. She was very neat with it, putting the scraps into a trash bag. 

That's pretty twisted.  Not something I'd share on the internet......……….

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My son got mad at me for taking away his iPad when his grades were bad. So he decided to quit trying at all in school and lied to us about working with his teachers to improve his grades. It bit him in the butt because we took away all electronics except for live tv. He said, “Commercials are awful.” To which I responded, “Welcome to my childhood.”  😂 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

That's pretty twisted.  Not something I'd share on the internet......……….

Not twisted at all. She didn’t throw a tantrum like a lot of kids, she vented her anger quietly, also like a lot of kids. She did something that only hurt herself, not anyone else. 

That was the only time she did anything like that. She felt very strongly about not being allowed to spend a weekend with friends out of town. We had a family obligation and had to tell her no. She was crushed. 

She was a wonderful child then and is a happy, well rounded wife and mother. 

Girls often react to things differently from boys, you know. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 4:38 AM, unrealHeather said:

Has anyone ever accidentally damaged something in their RC cabin?  I just returned from a cruise with my family and unfortunately, my 10 yo DD got angry and threw a hairbrush across the room, smashing a mirror.  It was the last day and our disembarking was happening.  I alerted the room attendant and he called for his supervisor and maintenance.  I checked with customer service but they cannot tell me if or how much we will be charged.  Customer service was a bit surprised we were able to leave the ship without settling up.  Any thoughts?

@unrealHeather its amazing that most if t hgv e responses did not address the question. I have a little experience with this. I was in a cruise un Dec but it was NCL. The people in the next room spilled coffee and it went through the mattress. They had to pay, but I dont know how much. My child had an accident during the night on the couch that folds down to a bed. The room attendant told me that he was able to clean in and dried it with a hair dryer. There was no lingering smell or stain so he said all was fine. But if it had ruined the couch he would have to call a supervisor and I would have be charged. At least on NCL charges are applied before leaving. I hope it all works out. Please report back here the result if all the judgmental people have not turned you off. Life happens. This could easily happen to anyone. For example someone could toss something to someone and break something or someone could have a major accident on a bed or couch while sleeping. I wondered myself what cabin damage costs.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 4:38 AM, unrealHeather said:

Has anyone ever accidentally damaged something in their RC cabin?  I just returned from a cruise with my family and unfortunately, my 10 yo DD got angry and threw a hairbrush across the room, smashing a mirror.  It was the last day and our disembarking was happening.  I alerted the room attendant and he called for his supervisor and maintenance.  I checked with customer service but they cannot tell me if or how much we will be charged.  Customer service was a bit surprised we were able to leave the ship without settling up.  Any thoughts?

@unrealHeather its amazing that most if t hgv e responses did not address the question. I have a little experience with this. I was in a cruise un Dec but it was NCL. The people in the next room spilled coffee and it went through the mattress. They had to pay, but I dont know how much. My child had an accident during the night on the couch that folds down to a bed. The room attendant told me that he was able to clean in and dried it with a hair dryer. There was no lingering smell or stain so he said all was fine. But if it had ruined the couch he would have to call a supervisor and I would have be charged. At least on NCL charges are applied before leaving. I hope it all works out. Please report back here the result if all the judgmental people have not turned you off. Life happens. This could easily happen to anyone. For example someone could toss something to someone and break something or someone could have a major accident on a bed or couch while sleeping. I wondered myself what cabin damage costs.