Just off Armonia and willing to answer questions!

Touringmom

We cruised on Armonia Dec 23-30. Had a good trip. A simple ship but in very good repair (although I had assumed it would be redecorated in dry dock it was not, but I couldn’t see any issues that needed repair whatsoever, so it looked good.) Food was good, but leaned toward European choices, which was a good thing for my family and we enjoyed. I was nervous that cabin would feel sooo small (ocean view) but it was fine because we did the beds as 4 twins, bunk bed style, rather than a queen and 2 bunks. This gave us much more floor space. We also brought an over the door shoe organizer, over the door hooks, and a lot of extra hangers from the dry cleaner, so that helped us take better advantage of the closet space. 
Any questions? 

• Like 2

Thanks for the tips about making extra space in the cabin. We will be on the Armonia in late February, travelling with our 5 sons. Were you on board with kids? Were there enough interesting activities for them during the day and anything you would definitely recommend for kids or stay away from? I also see there is an arcade on the ship - is it free to use the machines?

Touringmom glad you had a good trip.  We were on Armonia in September before dry dock and are going out again in 12 days.  Have been wondering about dry dock - we thought ship was in very good shape except for flooring on poolside deck area - so I suspect that was changed out.  Have cruised various size ships and various age ships - have never met a ship we didn't like.  Looking foward to Armonia again.

3 hours ago, SpringfieldFam said:

Thanks for the tips about making extra space in the cabin. We will be on the Armonia in late February, travelling with our 5 sons. Were you on board with kids? Were there enough interesting activities for them during the day and anything you would definitely recommend for kids or stay away from? I also see there is an arcade on the ship - is it free to use the machines?

We did have our daughters with us. Their cousin was on this trip also, so they did a lot of card playing together. Yes there is a video arcade – right outside the teen club if I recall correctly. We did not use it so I don’t know if the machines are free or not. There are not a ton of activities on this trip aimed at kids. There are lots of movies however in the movie theater during the day that would appeal. There are also places for sports up on the top decks. We did a lot of reading, trivia, etc. With only two sea days most of the time is spent off the ship or at dinner and shows in the evening! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aprilF said:

I was on the week before you.  Did they fix the shattered glass pane on the pool deck near the midship elevators.  Thought it odd that was not fixed during dry dock.

There was a broken pane near the outdoor area of the buffet but I would have called it cracked not shattered. Does that sound like it? That was the only one I noticed, I think. Maybe it happened after dry dock? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cellfree said:

Touringmom glad you had a good trip.  We were on Armonia in September before dry dock and are going out again in 12 days.  Have been wondering about dry dock - we thought ship was in very good shape except for flooring on poolside deck area - so I suspect that was changed out.  Have cruised various size ships and various age ships - have never met a ship we didn't like.  Looking foward to Armonia again.

Yes the flooring looked fine to me so I assume it was replaced! 

1 minute ago, Touringmom said:

There was a broken pane near the outdoor area of the buffet but I would have called it cracked not shattered. Does that sound like it? That was the only one I noticed, I think. Maybe it happened after dry dock? 

LOL A bunch of cracks coming from a point of impact is probably more accurate than shattered.  I believe we are talking about the same pane.

5 hours ago, cellfree said:

Arcade not free.  $1.50 for the one game my husband played.

5 hours ago, SpringfieldFam said:

Arcade not freei.  $1.50 for the one game my husband played.

How old are your boys?  We traveled with our daughter in Dec.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:06 AM, SpringfieldFam said:

Make sure you take advantage  

On 1/2/2020 at 4:31 PM, SpringfieldFam said:

Thanks for the information! My 5 boys range from 7 to 16. It sounds like there will be enough variety to keep them interested. We are really looking forward to it!

Make sure to take advantage and sign up for the Roll Call for your sailing. also sign up for the Meet and Mingle.

7 hours ago, need2cruise said:

Was wondering about the sauna/ steam room situation on Armonia...are there any complimentary sauna or steam rooms or is it like the thermal suites on the newer ships

Sorry did not use spa so cannot answer this one!

On 1/3/2020 at 11:54 PM, need2cruise said:

Was wondering about the sauna/ steam room situation on Armonia...are there any complimentary sauna or steam rooms or is it like the thermal suites on the newer ships

I was on the same sailing as OP. They are not complimentary but part of the thermal spa. I think there were 6 lounges, a dry sauna, a wet sauna, and a relaxation room. 

On 1/5/2020 at 8:37 PM, Reds4life said:

How crowded was the pool area? Splash park?

Heavily used (pool more than splash pad) but not Nearly as packed as other ships I’ve been on. If you go later afternoon -after 4 or so when early diners have gone to get ready- it’s more open. 

8 hours ago, OverBoard&TreadingWater said:

They took the mini golf out during dry dock.  It's now just another deck for lounging.

Well crap. My kids were kinda looking forward to one of the lone bells and whistles of the ship. How pitiful 

6 hours ago, catergirl said:

just wondering what additional costs on the private island ocean caye? food? drinks? thanks 

Food at buffet and food trucks free. I’ve cream shop and bars are paid. Food tucks did not have any drinks. We bought bottled water and soda at beach bar.