Just off Armonia and willing to answer questions!

Touringmom

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

January 2020 you did not make reservations for the shows. There were a few “on the wall”’ screens throughout the ship which were used to search for activities, program, etc. 

Thanks for confirming, it makes more sense that reservations are not needed.  I'm now sure the commentary was wrong as they seemed new to MSC.

Edited by Até

14 hours ago, ODECCIT said:

Just got off on Monday. No mini golf on board. It got replaced with cabanas and reserved loungers. 

That may take some day traffic away from visitors buying passes in the Aurea Top 13 Solarium.

16 hours ago, ODECCIT said:

Just got off on Monday. No mini golf on board. It got replaced with cabanas and reserved loungers. 

Geez. Way to look out for kids, MSC. My kids aren't the kids club type. They were looking forward to the mini golf. At least we got a cheap price on the cruise. Very disappointed that they still advertise it on the website and the call center gives out the wrong info

On 2/14/2020 at 9:29 PM, Até said:

Thanks for confirming, it makes more sense that reservations are not needed.  I'm now sure the commentary was wrong as they seemed new to MSC.

Hi, I got the info from MSC's website  regarding having to book theature for Armonia.  

image.png.43c39709d4509fc8b74ac414d8b05375.png

Edited by pepper

2 hours ago, kimmimom said:

Really stupid questions:  Do the cabins have hair dryers, shampoo and body wash?  We have sailed RC once(1990) and Carnival like 19 times so I am clueless what to expect on this line.

Cabins have hair dryers from 1990 , so it'll be a trip to the past for you. Bring your own hair dryer if possible. 

23 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

An experienced msc cruiser thought the Armonia was dirty. What are your thoughts? 

What specifically was dirty?  During busy times the buffet seating wasnt cleared as fast as other lines and Id see plates/ glasses left where they shouldn't be for longer than we'd seen on other lines.  Our room, bathroom and most public areas were clean and in good repair.  I'd say I'm on the pickier side as far as cleanliness goes and I wouldnt call it dirty.

I agree with Cruiser Bruiser. We have been on the Armonia two times and thoroughly enjoyed each time. She is an old ship but elegant, very clean, hard to find rust anywhere, great service from everyone. Would not hesitate to book again and most likely will as she is moving the Tampa late this year. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Thanks. I think I will try a smaller ship with fewer things to attract children after the Seaside adventure. I never saw so many kids on a cruise! 

Well since they took out the mini golf this might be the one. Were the kids behaving poorly on Seaside?