1 Day Visit Itinerary - is this doable?

kenns

Hi Everyone, 

Going to Bermuda on Friday, 4/24 via the Norwegian Encore. My GF and I are not huge beach people and don't enjoy baking in the sun for hours, but we do enjoy checking out a beautiful beach (i.e. beach bar!) for a little bit along with some other activities. We are in port from 8am to 5pm, so I assume that all-aboard time is 4:30pm. Would this itinerary/plan be possible in that time frame?

- 8:30 to 9:30am, 1 hour jet-ski tour with KS Waterspots in the dockyard

- take #7 bus to Horseshoe bay beach for ~2 hours

- take taxi or bus from Horseshoe beach to the caves

- check out the caves for 30/45min

- take taxi/bus from here back to the dockyard?

- would this work, and would we have time to squeeze in anything after the caves? Any sight or spot we should instead?

We thought about doing a catamaran snorkel, but the jetski tour covers pretty much all the same spots just minus the snorkeling.

Thanks,

James

2 hours ago, kenns said:

Going to Bermuda on Friday, 4/24 via the Norwegian Encore. My GF and I are not huge beach people and don't enjoy baking in the sun for hours, but we do enjoy checking out a beautiful beach (i.e. beach bar!) for a little bit along with some other activities.

Going in April I don't think you'll have to worry about baking in the sun-- it's going to be in the low 70s and high 60s during the day with water temperatures in the mid to high 60s. Frankly thats too cold for me to swim or even get on a jet ski but to each their own. April is very much the off season so beach services and the little bar at Horseshoe Bay might not be open (I'm sure there are others on here that would know the specifics on their operating season better). 

If you aren't big beach people I would maybe stop at a place like Elbow Beach for a cocktail at the hotel there overlooking their beach instead of going to Horseshoe. Going from the Dockyard area to the Caves is about 45 minutes in a taxi each way and is on the other side of the island-- its going to be a huge time suck to go there and back. There is a ferry you could use to get from the Dockyard to St George, which is much closer to the caves-- its a seasonal service so might not be open when you are there yet but I think I read somewhere it might start back up in April.

I think the itinerary you have would be hard as it is right now-- you would be pressed for time. You'll have a lot of your time in transit in a taxi, bus, or ferry. 

It is a lot but if you take taxis to and from each place it is doable although not a plan I would do on a one day visit.  I would not attempt it on buses, only taxis. You won’t bake in the sun in April. In April an hour at Horseshoe would probably be enough to see the beautiful beach. The air temp will be pleasant but water temp will be chilly. April is not really beach weather in Bermuda  for most people  but it is good touring weather. 

thanks, Charles!

I think we will do jetski in the AM (KS Watersports assured me that the water will be cold, but totally doable) which is done by 9:30/9:45am and then jump on the ferry towards Hamilton or St. Georges and explore them for the day. 

• 4 weeks later...

As a couple said, I don't think you can do the caves.  They are guided tours that take off at predetermined times and can get quite busy at times with extended waits for tours.

The rest is doable.  One option if you're taking the ferry to Hamilton is to take a taxi or mini-bus from Hamilton over to Horseshoe Bay Beach.  It is absolutely beautiful and they did have refreshment service when we were there in May.  

Don't forget that the dockyard area has some nice shops and restaurants.  It also has one of the coolest putt putt courses I've ever seen.  I don't play putt putt at all but that place is pretty cool.