Where to dive?

mitsugirly

On 2/14/2020 at 9:44 PM, mitsugirly said:

Well now, that was pretty amazing if that was Secret Harbor. If that what it looks like, I would be happy with that. Thanks so much for sharing what you found. I wonder why it didn't come up when I searched.

Thanks for the info and your thoughts.

Glad to hear that Coki is normally not rough. Several people have said this to me and it makes me feels better.

I have read really good reviews about Aqua Action and their professionalism. Good to know he agrees. They did say their shore dive is 20 feet but if that 20 feet has good things to see, I would be happy with that. When he says "well worth doing" can you ask him to elaborate as to why? Like did he see the things that is in the video someone posted above? If so, I would definitely love to go there.

DH said-- that the video is very accurate as to what you would see on these dives. Aqua Action, Red Hook etc... pretty much take you to the same areas to dive.  If you are boat diving, you can't go wrong with either one.  If you shore dive, definitely Coki.  The owner of that dive shop, Peter, is a great guy and his staff are fun and professional.  He also said that STT/Virgin Islands have very good diving, but are not as good as Cozumel or Bahamas, in his opinion.  

If you have any non-divers in your group, they may want to go to Lindqvist or Sapphire.  Coki gets crazy crowded when ships are in port.  I won't make that mistake again 🙂. Enjoy your trip.

On 2/23/2020 at 9:57 AM, blue_water said:

Mitsugirly are you going to Tortola or Virgin Gorda? Some of THE best dive sites are there...If not something to research for a future cruise.

No not this time. We've only been to Tortola once in the past and did the baths. I will definitely keep this in mind for future cruises. Thanks!

On 2/23/2020 at 9:49 AM, 2PinaColadas said:

DH said-- that the video is very accurate as to what you would see on these dives. Aqua Action, Red Hook etc... pretty much take you to the same areas to dive.  If you are boat diving, you can't go wrong with either one.  If you shore dive, definitely Coki.  The owner of that dive shop, Peter, is a great guy and his staff are fun and professional.  He also said that STT/Virgin Islands have very good diving, but are not as good as Cozumel or Bahamas, in his opinion.  

If you have any non-divers in your group, they may want to go to Lindqvist or Sapphire.  Coki gets crazy crowded when ships are in port.  I won't make that mistake again 🙂. Enjoy your trip.

We have enough people now that we could actually do a boat dive and have a private boat. So, we are considering this. They said they would take us to Buck Island and dive at Shipwreck cove.

We have done a shore dive at Coki and enjoyed it and the staff there. We were just wanting something different this time around if possible. I like to explore different places every time we go somewhere.