Can you fill the in room fridge yourself

Bigannie

Hi, this will be our first  cruise on Celebrity, I believe you can ask our room steward to empty the mini bar in the cabin. Does anyone one know if you can get unopened canned drinks and bottles of beer with your drinks package and store them in fridge? I like the idea of being able to pop out on the balcony with a cool drink without having to go to a bar and back. I would also like bottles of water in  cabin to take  with medication.

Definitely. Also ask your room attendant to deliver ice twice daily too as the drinks tend to come out of the fridge slightly chilled rather than cold...If you get into the habit of always picking up a drink on returning  to your room your fridge soon becomes stocked...

• Like 1

You can ask for the fridge to be emptied, but you can’t bring back unopened beers / sodas ...etc to put in the fridge - you can get bottled water each day but the bartenders won’t give you unopened beer or soda 

1 minute ago, Muffinz said:

You can ask for the fridge to be emptied, but you can’t bring back unopened beers / sodas ...etc to put in the fridge - you can get bottled water each day but the bartenders won’t give you unopened beer or soda 

?????????     Oh yes they will.  After many celebrity cruises having done this I know this for a fact as many others here can attest to as well.  I just ask for them not to open.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Muffinz said:

We have asked for unopened cans/bottles without issue. Only ever asked for one per card at a time but we have never been refused...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Muffinz said:

I have never had a problem obtaining unopened beer/soda from the bartenders.  I simply tell them I don't want them opened and then hand them a tip.  Never been told no.

• Like 1

Just don't expect the cooler to keep anything cold. It will keep it a little cooler than room temp. You can ask your room steward to fill your ice bucket every day that way if you want a cold drink you can pop a few ice cubes in a glass.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fleckle said:

Neither did we.  We bring them back to the cabin all the time.

Unopened water bottles as well.

9 hours ago, poffles said:

?????????     Oh yes they will.  After many celebrity cruises having done this I know this for a fact as many others here can attest to as well.  I just ask for them not to open.

9 hours ago, chemmo said:

We have asked for unopened cans/bottles without issue. Only ever asked for one per card at a time but we have never been refused...

8 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

We also had no issues with unopened soda.

7 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, you certainly can bring back unopened soda etc to keep in your cabin fridge.  I’ve even stockpiled wine by pouring a couple glasses into an empty water bottle.

7 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Muffinz, Have you ever been turned down when you asked for an unopened beer or soft drink? That hasn’t been my experience.  

6 hours ago, Snit13 said:

I have never had a problem obtaining unopened beer/soda from the bartenders.  I simply tell them I don't want them opened and then hand them a tip.  Never been told no.

Agree with all of you. Never was told "no". 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bigannie said:

...I believe you can ask our room steward to empty the mini bar in the cabin. 

This is actually not the steward's duty. The mini-bar/cooler is the responsibility of the Bar Services personnel, who check your consumption of the items and charge them to your account. We have never asked our steward to remove the items. If we feel the need to clear the items out, we always take a couple of pictures of the inside before we move anything. Then, it takes us about 30 seconds to move the items ourselves.

I think the steward would remove them if asked, but it's simply not his/her job. 🙂

1 hour ago, Langley Cruisers said:

This is actually not the steward's duty. The mini-bar/cooler is the responsibility of the Bar Services personnel, who check your consumption of the items and charge them to your account. We have never asked our steward to remove the items. If we feel the need to clear the items out, we always take a couple of pictures of the inside before we move anything. Then, it takes us about 30 seconds to move the items ourselves.

I think the steward would remove them if asked, but it's simply not his/her job. 🙂

Might not be, but they are happy to empty it.  We ask them to empty it every cruise.  I got tired of the phantom mini bar charges showing up on my bill after the cruise.  It happened so frequently I almost beleive it's company policy.

We have asked our steward to remove the contents of the mini-fridge, and he was happy to do so.  Came in handy to store bottled water, which we consumed a lot, especially in the Caribbean.  When retrieving a suitcase from under the bed, it looks like that is where the contents were stored. 

Never thought about asking about a can of beer, though...

3 hours ago, TFLG said:

Might not be, but they are happy to empty it.  We ask them to empty it every cruise.  I got tired of the phantom mini bar charges showing up on my bill after the cruise.  It happened so frequently I almost beleive it's company policy.

I’ve never asked for it to be emptied before but like you we have had erroneous mini bar charges on our last three cruises.  And I’m not talking a few dollars.  I have decided in future we will request it be emptied.

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

I wonder if obtaining an unopened can of soda depends on the venue?  I don't drink soda very often, but have been given unopened cans at the OVC bar.

When we return to the ship from a day of aimlessly wandering around in port we always stop by Cafe Al Bacio and I ask for a unopened bottle of beer and my wife either gets a bottle of water or a glass of wine to take back to our stateroom to drink while sitting on the balcony. 

Edited by davekathy

14 hours ago, Muffinz said:

I do it all the time, haven't been turned down yet :)

17 hours ago, Muffinz said:

This has not been our experience.  We always get unopened sodas and keep them in the frig.  Especially Ginger Ale.  Never know when a little motion sickness will hit.  We keep about four unopened sodas in the room.  Just remember to restock the next time you are headed back to your room.

22 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Muffinz, Have you ever been turned down when you asked for an unopened beer or soft drink? That hasn’t been my experience.  

Yes - seems I am in the minority here

i asked for a beer at the sunset bar to take back to stateroom (unopened) and the bartender said they have to open all drinks as they can’t be taken back to your stateroom..... maybe I’ll try this one on our cruise in April...

14 hours ago, TFLG said:

I much prefer Royal in this aspect, the cooler is empty when you get on board.

How else can you store the 2 bottles of wine that you are allowed to bring on board?

I

asked for a beer at the sunset bar to take back to stateroom (unopened) and the bartender said they have to open all drinks as they can’t be taken back to your stateroom.

We were once encouraged to buy a bucket of Budweiser and told it was cheaper to buy it that way, rather than by the bottle. No way was every bottle opened and ice was put into the bucket to ‘ keep it cool in your stateroom.’