RIU resort for a day

researchfreak90

We went this summer and had a great time. We bought through resortforaday.com. We taxied to the hotel, were quickly checked in and had run of the whole hotel. The drinks were plentiful, the staff and other guests friendly, and the food was tasty. The pool is pretty cool and has a swim up bar. The beach is beautiful. We were treated just like the other hotel guests. 

At the end of the day, we changed at the hotel in their changing room and they got us a cab back. I have more about it in my Carnival Magic 2019 cruise review linked in my signature 🙂

21 hours ago, dctravel said:

We went this summer and had a great time. We bought through resortforaday.com. We taxied to the hotel, were quickly checked in and had run of the whole hotel. The drinks were plentiful, the staff and other guests friendly, and the food was tasty. The pool is pretty cool and has a swim up bar. The beach is beautiful. We were treated just like the other hotel guests. 

At the end of the day, we changed at the hotel in their changing room and they got us a cab back. I have more about it in my Carnival Magic 2019 cruise review linked in my signature 🙂

Thanks for the info. I checked your signature and don't see a link to the review. Can you post it?

Cheers

Bev

• 2 weeks later...

We were at the Riu palace last year thru resorts for a day and would not go back.  The staff at check in were rude and told us WiFi not included at all.  I showed them the reservation where it was and they reluctantly gave us the code.  There were no chairs on the beach so sat by the pool.  It was so windy that you had to hold onto everything.  The drink guy would come around and avoid us so we had to go get our drinks.  The only thing that was good was the restaurant where you had lunch.  Great servers and good food.

I had emailed resorts for a day when we were at the resort and they apologized and gave us a $50 credit.

I personally would not go back to this hotel again.  I would use resort for a day but on a different island.