New personaliser what is your view

Two 2 Tango

This is the first time I have used the new system, having been very familiar with the "cruise personaliser". Every day for the past few days there has been a banner stating that they are having technical issues and I would have expected that to have been rectified in hours not days or weeks. Several times my login information has been wiped out and there is no idication of your cabin number on the site. It just seems very unfriendly and a bit disjointed, filling in your details prior to the cruise used to be well signposted with red flags on the home page; but now you have to search through the tabs until you realise it comes under "before you cruise" that used to be the place where information was given to new cruisers and I think there should be a link on the homepage to direct you. 

Over to you.

There has been various comments about this on other threads and the general consensus seems to be the same... It is not fit for purpose... 

Bits of it seem to be getting better daily but I haven't heard of anyone who thinks it is an improvement on the old system. 

Andy 

I totally agree with Andy.

I had a rather laughable e-mail from P&O the other day (which many of you will also have had), reviewing their year.  They were boasting about the new, improved "My P&O Cruises" and their new "user friendly" main website.  I think someone must have been on the Christmas Sherry when they wrote that 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've just checked before I posted, last night was the first time I had a proper look at this. It's been a very busy Christmas.🙂 

All the details I entered are still there, correctly.

I only had to enter the details once for me then it updated for my husband and another cruise.

I may have been lucky but I found it OK and there is a lot of information available. I don't know if it is much different from the old one but there must be some reason to change it.

I still don't have access to the new cruise personaliser.  The new log in front page appears, but I then get redirected back to the old log in page and have to log in again.  That then takes me to the old personaliser.  No idea when my personaliser will get updated.

IMHO - it is Garbage, I hate it. 

The latest thing I have found wrong, all 14 of my nights are listed as Black Tie ! I'm going to need a lot of shirts !

There used to be an 'Itinerary View' where you could see the itinerary and all your bookings in 1 page instead we get the lame attempt at a Calendar style of intinerary view that shows all my ports with Anchors which I assume means that we are tendering everywhere.

I have booked 2 restaurants for 4 people that show as No of guests = 1 and also I had to phone P&O to Pay as the Checkout did not work.

I have booked a tour for 2 that just shows my wifes name twice although the checkout worked.

At least it has all the personal details saved OK, I can't be bothered to follow up on the rest.

For a company turning over millions of pounds a year their IT is a disgrace. Bring back the old CP ASAP.

We also have 14  black tie nights next month on Oceana.  My other half has just told me that I cannot buy any more long dresses so I will have to rotate the current ones. 🤣 

Edited by Josy1953
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bee-ess said:

I have booked a tour for 2 that just shows my wifes name twice although the checkout worked.

I booked 2 excursions for my husband and myself and it is showing up with his name twice on each day 🙄

8 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I booked 2 excursions for my husband and myself and it is showing up with his name twice on each day 🙄

Yeah, we got the Same, both in my name. 

Called P&O, they said the only way we could correct it was to cancel and try again. 

They also said it didn't matter who's name was on it, but if we wanted it changed we can do it onboard? 

Andy 

30 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yeah, we got the Same, both in my name. 

Called P&O, they said the only way we could correct it was to cancel and try again. 

They also said it didn't matter who's name was on it, but if we wanted it changed we can do it onboard? 

Andy 

Sounds like it’s a common issue then. If I look at ‘my orders’ in the personaliser it has both our names, but not in the itinerary section. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, the english lady said:

I think if you try and look at it on an android (tablet or phone) device or apple (ipad,iphone) it doesn't display correctly. 

OH has gone in a couple of times on the PC (chrome) and it worked perfectly every time, except for telling him every night was smart casual.

I'm using Chrome on a Macbook Pro and it is still riddled with errors, the only saving grace is that it seems to be keeping the Personal data OK and that is the important bit I suppose.

17 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We also have 14  black tie nights next month on Oceana.  My other half has just told me that I cannot buy any more long dresses so I will have to rotate the current ones. 🤣 

Hi found the same issue, if you click on the "week" tab and then select a day that you know will be "evening casual" you will also find that there are no black tie nights. So I think the choice must be decide what you want to wear for the cruise, formal or casual every night then screen dump the page and flash it at the head waiter if they try to turn you away. This will suit the people who don't. I will leave it at that and take my tongue out of my cheek.

• Like 1

Hi 

I have received x2 e-mails to remind me of my upcoming bill needing to be paid.

Can i pay it online or through the link in the E-Mail,,,,can i heck!!!

I suppose i will have to use a pay for phone call.......its rubbish.

Neither can i see my cabin #,,,,,,,also it says bed configuration=Twin,i never tick twin.and it says 'unable to change at this time'.

I hope the cruise is better than this.

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi 

I have received x2 e-mails to remind me of my upcoming bill needing to be paid.

Can i pay it online or through the link in the E-Mail,,,,can i heck!!!

I suppose i will have to use a pay for phone call.......its rubbish.

Neither can i see my cabin #,,,,,,,also it says bed configuration=Twin,i never tick twin.and it says 'unable to change at this time'.

I hope the cruise is better than this.

If you go onto P&O site at the very bottom of the page is 'pay your balance'. This is working.......good luck.

I've just had my first look at the new system as our cruise on Azura in June is on it, everything up until now including Ventura next month has used the old CP.

My first impressions weren't good, 3 attempts to log in then a message warning of technical difficulties and I found it very difficult to navigate.

I'm normally not too bad at getting to grips with things like this but I'm just not too optimistic about this one - time will tell.....

I had terrible trouble getting my next of kin details etc done, thankfully now sorted. 
I have booked one excursion and it worked! It also shows both our names on the excursion!

However I find it very clunky to use and as this is my very first ‘guarantee’ cabin annoying that no one seems to be able to find where the cabin number is!

Edited by P&O SUE

12 hours ago, happy v said:

If you go onto P&O site at the very bottom of the page is 'pay your balance'. This is working.......good luck.

Good spot, thanks! I was looking on the Personaliser not the main site!

14 hours ago, happy v said:

Hi

Thank you,that worked,but did not show confirmed.

I had to go back in and do a dummy payment and this showed balance paid.

Should get a confirmation e mail,will see.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Initially I couldn’t log in at all, I would just get the spinning whee of dooms. However P&O resolved this quickly. 

Has anyone else had trouble booking the cookery club online? It just shows on my cruise personaliser as “booking not required”. I phoned P&O yesterday and was told IT are aware of problems and if booking doesn’t show before the cruise then everyone will just have to book once on board - not ideal really! I’m using an apple device so wondered if that was the problem?

On 8 January 2020 at 10:25 AM, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Thank you,that worked,but did not show confirmed.

I had to go back in and do a dummy payment and this showed balance paid.

Should get a confirmation e mail,will see.

Thanks again.

Hi

Just received confirmation e-mail of balance paid.

Just have to make sense of CP now!!

On 1/6/2020 at 9:15 PM, Josy1953 said:

Lucky you we have 13 casual nights on Aurora 🤣

I tried to pay my outstanding balance online yesterday afternoon but it said "you can not have that many people in this cabin"!! So I phoned P&O to pay as the balance was due today - all done very quickly in a couple of minutes ONCE I got through - I was on hold for over 20 minutes!!

This morning I have tried to log on to my CP but that is not working now at all! 🙄