New personaliser what is your view

Two 2 Tango

Just had a long call with P&O about my personaliser - interesting that they now have an option 9 if your call is about  the new CP. 

The new CP is useless for us as a reference document, although the personal details are OK and staying there OK. all the reference data is incorrect.

It shows no cabin number or grade - the old one did

It shows every night as a Black Tie night.

It shows an Anchor against all the ports which I assumed was tender (wrong)  it means port.

We have 8:30 MDR dining booked but it shows Freedom (waitlisted)

I booked 2 speciality dining restaurants for 4 but the new CP shows Guest 1 (which means Guest 1 booked it) - you have to go into My Orders to see number of guests. I thought Guest 1 meant 1 Guest..... wrong.

My wife's loyalty was not showing Caribbean meaning anything she booked would not get the 10% discount,  It showed as Caribbean in her P&O login but not in the new CP,  that has been fixed and is now showing OK.

I have registered my displeasure and told them it is not fit for purpose, he promised to pass all the comments/feedback on but I won't hold my breath about it being fixed. How they could release this piece of rubbish is beyond me.

Edited by bee-ess

26 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I logged in OK.  Still doesn't give my cabin number, but wants my Next of Kin address, but won't do it "we are experiencing technical difficulties with this page"  Absolutely hopeless.

Mine must be a one off then. All our details are correct for both myself and OH, next of kin, insurance everything. It doesn't show cabin number which we're not bothered about as that is on our paper confirmation. We have booked freedom dining which is showing OK, it tells us our black tie and casual evenings no problem. The only thing we haven't done yet is book any excursions because it is too early but we can view them.

26 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Mine must be a one off then. All our details are correct for both myself and OH, next of kin, insurance everything. It doesn't show cabin number which we're not bothered about as that is on our paper confirmation. We have booked freedom dining which is showing OK, it tells us our black tie and casual evenings no problem. The only thing we haven't done yet is book any excursions because it is too early but we can view them.

No, not just you. I haven’t had the problems others have reported either and have successfully entered all my details.

33 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

No, not just you. I haven’t had the problems others have reported either and have successfully entered all my details.

We had teething problems with it back in October but things have gradually got better. Quite happy with it at the moment, next years seems to be OK as well 😁

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

This seems to be a new thing requiring the address of the next of kin.  It used to be just a telephone number.  All my other details are correct.

I'm the same. Just noticed it wants an address but every time I try to input it I'm getting an error message. Are all of you saying your details are correct sure that next of kin address requirement hasn't suddenly appeared?.

58 minutes ago, daveoc said:

I'm the same. Just noticed it wants an address but every time I try to input it I'm getting an error message. Are all of you saying your details are correct sure that next of kin address requirement hasn't suddenly appeared?.

No everything is there including next of kin address. Fiddle about with the different field it took a while but we got there in the end!

I managed to input the next of kin details before xmas but had many attempts till it saved them .Cannot remember exactly but the way you would expect to enter details was not in the order it asked for, but does seem to show correct at the moment. One other thing I seemed to have missed is it did show as an option to select if  you wanted to chose if you wanted the personal travel  brochure with your luggage labels and I cannot see that now so where it has gone I don't know

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

This seems to be a new thing requiring the address of the next of kin.  It used to be just a telephone number.  All my other details are correct.

Yes, that is really weird. They are presumably only going to contact the next-of-kin in an emergency, so are surely going to want to phone them rather than write to them. And if they did need the address for any reason, they could always ring them up and ask them.

Hooray! Finally it's accepted my insurance details! Now I just have to wait for my cabin number...

It's only a 2 night break but it's got every night as "smart casual" - usually one is formal. Any new cruiser wouldn't know there was a formal night.

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

It's only a 2 night break but it's got every night as "smart casual" - usually one is formal. Any new cruiser wouldn't know there was a formal night.

I would probably check that Sue. 

On our recent 5 nighter at New Year, lots of things were dropped without any notice, with the reasoning being they 'no longer do this on shorter cruises'... 

I wouldn't be surprised if 2 night cruises no longer have a formal night... 

Only guessing though, so probably worth a call. 

Lets hope it's just another glitch with the personaliser... 

Good luck. 

Andy 

25 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I am just not going to bother with the address of my next of kin and see what happens.  I'll guess nothing.   On my October cruise, I can't add the insurance.

I couldn’t add it until today Jean, keep trying!

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I would probably check that Sue. 

On our recent 5 nighter at New Year, lots of things were dropped without any notice, with the reasoning being they 'no longer do this on shorter cruises'... 

I wouldn't be surprised if 2 night cruises no longer have a formal night... 

Only guessing though, so probably worth a call. 

Lets hope it's just another glitch with the personaliser... 

Good luck. 

Andy 

I must admit I did wonder if perhaps it’s new. And my 12 night in October says 12 formals!! Don’t think I’ll bother to phone though, with all these IT problems it took me 25 minutes to get through to pay my balance! I’ll just see and perhaps be overdressed 😁

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

I have just been and successfully entered everything for our June cruise. I had a slight problem entering the emergency contact address, I had to enter the house number  in the first line of the address because it would not accept it in the house number box. It did not copy the insurance details from my page to my husband's page but it did copy the emergency contact information.

Great improvement since my attempts yesterday, I now have successfully completed the information for our next 2 cruises, I will leave November and next year cruises for later.