Things that we want P&O to INTRODUCE ...

Presto2

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

On Aurora and Oceana this year we had tea and coffee served by waiters in the buffet at breakfast, but not on Ventura. 

Hot chocolate was available on Ventura, but served reluctantly, but readily available on Aurora and Oceana. 

Andy 

That sounds good as we are sailing on Oceana in 2 weeks! 🙂

9 minutes ago, ann141 said:

That sounds good as we are sailing on Oceana in 2 weeks! 🙂

The best thing about Oceana for us was the service, the waiters etc always seemed to have time for a chat whereas on Ventura they were so busy, at best they could just about do their job. 

Have a great time. 

Andy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

The best thing about Oceana for us was the service, the waiters etc always seemed to have time for a chat whereas on Ventura they were so busy, at best they could just about do their job. 

Have a great time. 

Andy 

Thank you.Oceana was the first P and O ship we cruised on and we are looking forward to sailing on her again

• Like 2

Hubby's contribution - Mr Whippy ice cream 'serve yourself' station - with a 99 flake

Not sure about it being free mind, may give the finance officer for P&O / Carnival a coronary to even suggest it ….

• Like 4

More competitive offerings for suite passengers.

Buffet overhaul.

Freedom dining only.

An AI price in addition to Select and saver fares.

A soft drink/coffee AI price.

No formal night cruises.

I’d happily pay more for an AI that included soft drinks with the option to purchase alcohol. Move The Beach House to the Lido Grill so that there is more space for buffet items, and you use a wasted evening space in the Lido area.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I'm one of those CC members who sometimes has a good moan about the things that seem to have disappeared from P&O cruises over the last 5 years or so.

Thought it was time that we had a thread where we suggest what P&O should introduce to make our cruising experience even better.

The rules are that we can't ask them to reintroduce something that has been taken away as this will turn in to just another good moan.

I would like to suggest 2 things for a starter:

Staffordshire Oatcakes to have with your cooked breakfast, or just on their own with cheese, bacon, sausage --- yummy

A departure port somewhere oopp North so that we don't always have to travel to Southampton and can make more use of the short breaks etc

🙂

Oooo yes please Staffs Oakcakes!!!.......... but now which shop to get them from? 😋

• Haha 1

Just had another thought. The following should be mandatory watching on the big screen (if the ship has one) or telly:

• Carry on Cruising
  • Keeping up Appearances - Hyacinth on the QE2

If you haven't watched either then you need to google both and see if you can find them! At some point you will recognise yourself and fellow cruisers ………….

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, ToxM said:

More competitive offerings for suite passengers.

Buffet overhaul.

Freedom dining only.

An AI price in addition to Select and saver fares.

A soft drink/coffee AI price.

No formal night cruises.

I’d happily pay more for an AI that included soft drinks with the option to purchase alcohol. Move The Beach House to the Lido Grill so that there is more space for buffet items, and you use a wasted evening space in the Lido area.   

All the things you want to change are all the things we like about P&O. 

Tried freedom dining for the first time last week and hated it. 

Love the formal nights. 

Don't use the buffet much but find it OK when we do. 

Don't want drinks included, would rather payg and would suffer if included... 

They offer all you want on other lines... Just saying... 😊

Andy 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Highlane, Burslem (or Boslem depending on how posh you are) 😉

My vote would be The Hole In The Wall, sadly the original Hole has been demolished but the name and recipe lives on just off Victoria Road.

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

All the things you want to change are all the things we like about P&O. 

Tried freedom dining for the first time last week and hated it. 

Love the formal nights. 

Don't use the buffet much but find it OK when we do. 

Don't want drinks included, would rather payg and would suffer if included... 

They offer all you want on other lines... Just saying... 😊

Andy 

Totally agree with you Andy, except Freedom Dining. We hate the fixed times for club dining - even the late dining time is too early for us.

• Like 2

Oh, getting excited now ----

A review of the itineraries to give those of us restricted to school holidays the chance to experience places that are normally just available during term time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rupert2251 said:

My vote would be The Hole In The Wall, sadly the original Hole has been demolished but the name and recipe lives on just off Victoria Road.

Work not far from there so can check it out :-)

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Just had another thought. The following should be mandatory watching on the big screen (if the ship has one) or telly:

• Carry on Cruising
  • Keeping up Appearances - Hyacinth on the QE2

If you haven't watched either then you need to google both and see if you can find them! At some point you will recognise yourself and fellow cruisers ………….

We chuckled all the way through muster station drill on the Princess cruise we did because they were singing along and dancing to the Love Boat theme, a number of episodes were also on the TV onboard, really cheesy but addictive. Someone I noted with some mirth recorded this sometime ago and put it on Youtube

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hampshire Steve said:

We chuckled all the way through muster station drill on the Princess cruise we did because they were singing along and dancing to the Love Boat theme, a number of episodes were also on the TV onboard, really cheesy but addictive. Someone I noted with some mirth recorded this sometime ago and put it on Youtube

Will have to check that one out !! :classic_rolleyes:

Just now, wowzz said:

Totally agree with you Andy, except Freedom Dining. We hate the fixed times for club dining - even the late dining time is too early for us.

We like to plan our day around our dining time. 

I don't want to run the risk of queuing for 20 minutes to be told to take a buzzer and wait another 45 mins for a table, or arrive before 6 to get a table. 

I know it's not always like that, but it happened to us twice last week. 

Andy 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I'm one of those CC members who sometimes has a good moan about the things that seem to have disappeared from P&O cruises over the last 5 years or so.

Thought it was time that we had a thread where we suggest what P&O should introduce to make our cruising experience even better.

The rules are that we can't ask them to reintroduce something that has been taken away as this will turn in to just another good moan.

I would like to suggest 2 things for a starter:

Staffordshire Oatcakes to have with your cooked breakfast, or just on their own with cheese, bacon, sausage --- yummy

A departure port somewhere oopp North so that we don't always have to travel to Southampton and can make more use of the short breaks etc

🙂

Definitely agree with some departures from a port oopp North, just returned from the Ventura New Year cruise, 6 hour run from North Wales either way on a good day!!

Liverpool would be good for us?? Anglesey would be great..😂😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kruzseeka said:

I'd like to be able to use my obc to prebook excursions.  If there are any excursions we especially want to do we will book before travelling to ensure we can get a place in case it's popular is sold out before boarding.  I'd prefer to use some of my obc for these.

I agree with you here.... but this used to happen in the “ good old days”  in as much as you booked excursions prior to travel and they were all paid for by your onboard account. But unfortunately some started abusing this, and booking excursions at all the ports... then cancelling a lot on board ( with no penalty) This caused havoc with the tour companies logistics.

13 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We like to plan our day around our dining time. 

I don't want to run the risk of queuing for 20 minutes to be told to take a buzzer and wait another 45 mins for a table, or arrive before 6 to get a table. 

I know it's not always like that, but it happened to us twice last week. 

Andy 

One of the advantages of eating late.  Never needed the dreaded buzzer!

• Like 1