Ideas for Romantic Gestures while Cruising needed

Ferry_Watcher

I thought it would be fun (and helpful) to ask for suggestions on some romantic ideas/suggestions/gestures while on a cruise (or in port).  Looking for ideas beyond Champagne, sexy nightqowns and bringing on flameless LED candles/tealights for setting the mood.

Any ideas that you and your spouse, partner or lover have done, or observed would be appreciated. 

I think it is so cool when you see those couples in their 70's & 80's who still hold hands when they walk together. 

Let's keep love alive!

* An early walk together on the top deck to watch the sunrise.

* Or a sunset walk...simply stop to gaze until the sun sets in the horizon.

* Matching outfits...☺️...this could be romantic or go awfully bad...or funny.

* Politely ask your Headwaiter for a unique dish for your significant other for dinner (dish that's not on the menu...within reason.)

*  Politely ask the band to play your favorite love song...then ask your significant other to dance.

• Like 2

After 45 years together (OMG, has it really been that long?) we still hold hands when out walking, or sitting together in a theatre. But we're kind of past wanting props to set a mood. Just strolling the decks at night or watching the moonlight on our balcony. Or viewing a beautiful sight on a busy day ashore. It's being in the moment with each other, and saying to the other "I'm so happy that we are here together". Cost: zero. Value: priceless

• Like 5

We've been together for 30 years and still hold hands regularly while walking.  He says it's to keep me from wandering off when something catches my eye. 😉

How about waking up early to catch sunrise on the deck?  

• Like 2

Hand holding is a wonderful expression of love and commitment.  I think in some cultures (like Japan) that holding another's hand indicates a higher level of commitment in a blossoming relationship. 

To hold hands - it can be so intimate, and it can mean so much.  And it is free!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

DH always wears his tuxedo on formal/gala/chic nights on a ship, and frequently a sportcoat on other nights.  He is my James Bond, and I try my best to meet his standard.

Your post reminded me of ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed Man.

So nice your guy brings his Tux.  It's the little things that our guys do that make them so lovable!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Hand holding is a wonderful expression of love and commitment.  I think in some cultures (like Japan) that holding another's hand indicates a higher level of commitment in a blossoming relationship. 

To hold hands - it can be so intimate, and it can mean so much.  And it is free!

And sometimes keeps me from falling down!  😀😀😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know its not overly romantic, but we purchased the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on a Princess cruise in the Caribbean.  It was faultless, and my wife still says it was one of her best ever holiday experiences. (Alongside seeing dawn break at Ayres Rock,  and dinner at Finch Hattons in Kenya) 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

I know its not overly romantic, but we purchased the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on a Princess cruise in the Caribbean.  It was faultless, and my wife still says it was one of her best ever holiday experiences. (Alongside seeing dawn break at Ayres Rock,  and dinner at Finch Hattons in Kenya) 

You folks travel to some cool places! 

On our 30th anniversary, I bought a rose that was waiting for DW in the cabin when we got back from our excursion.

I cheered her on when she did the walk for a cure.

When she asks for coffee or something small to eat when she has just finished swimming, I go fetch it for her.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

You folks travel to some cool places! 

We have had many years to visit them. See them while you can - as you get older the vicissitudes of travel become off putting.

• Like 2

Vow renewal ceremony. Karen was not aware that I pre-paid for it. Captain did the honors, flowers for both of us, bubbly and a souvenir photo. Her comment when she discovered I had done this? "I don't have anything to wear!"

Jim

• Like 3

Years ago, a cruise we were on listed a Vow Renewal Ceremony as one of the afternoon activities.  I got down on one knee and asked my husband to go.  He said yes.....but then we got involved with something else and missed it.

That night, late, he asked me to stroll up towards the bow with him.  A couple we had met onboard appeared; he was a Navy chaplain.  It turns out DH had asked him to perform a private ceremony for us.  Short, but very very sweet.  It was one of the best evenings ever.  (And we just celebrated 30 years of marriage.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

On our 30th anniversary, I bought a rose that was waiting for DW in the cabin when we got back from our excursion.

I cheered her on when she did the walk for a cure.

When she asks for coffee or something small to eat when she has just finished swimming, I go fetch it for her.

My husband will bring me a morning latte when we cruise.  We appreciate the special things our spouse, partners, lovers do for us!