Viking Danube River - Waltz or Romantic

hawaii13

My husband and I went on one Viking Cruise the Rhine Getaway in 2019. We would like to do one of the Danube cruises as we have heard great things about Budapest.  We are debating between the Danube Waltz or Romantic Danube in 2021. It looks like they tweaked the Romantic itinerary for 2021, staying longer in Vienna and making Nuremberg a post cruise option vs an actual stop.  I understand it is personal preference based on ports. I was wondering from previous passengers what really stood out on their trip.  Regardless of which we choose we will do the pre and post.  Thank you!

That is actually very interesting looking at it from the aspect of ports and Viking having changed this. If with the amended itinerary the ship stops in Vilshofen to let people disembark and they start the post-cruise trip to Nuremberg from there then Viking avoids the low water problem area between Vilshofen and Straubing (looking upstream). If the last port is Straubing then they include the low water problem area. Vilshofen and then post-cruise would be a smart change for Viking to have done, Straubing not. Just one aspect, perhaps not so important. But it also changes timing for the post-cruise experience slightly perhaps.

A longer stay in Vienna is certainly a nice idea. There is so much to see.

So, over to the Viking cruisers - I sailed a different company.

Have fun planning.

notamermaid