Lunch near the port?

ABQrobin

We are about a month away from our next cruise and our first stop in Grand Cayman.  We haven't been there for several years, so I can't remember what lunch places are near the port.  DH will be diving this time, and I am just going to stay on ship until he gets back to port, then do a little shopping and meet him onshore for lunch.  Since he is going to be dragging his dive gear (rolling bag, actually) and camera, he doesn't want to have to carry it far.  What is close to the port for a lunch... doesn't have to be fancy, but don't want a hotdog or burger.  Is there anything within a short walk?  

On 1/5/2020 at 1:31 PM, Capt_BJ said:

https://www.guyharveys.ky/

A local hotspot famous for its fresh seafood and amazing dishes overlooking George Town’s stunning surroundings. 

logo

I think I would call that fancy ... right?  Not quite what a wet diver dragging dive bag would want for a quick lunch.  Looks nice, but probably too upscale for us this time.

4 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

have you eaten at any of these?  

Not recently, but yeah, over the years I’ve eaten at a good percentage of the restaurants on island.  I will say that the last two have changed names and owners since I last visited, but I’ve seen lots of good reviews.

Sharkeez is on the second floor, so your DH may not want to lug gear upstairs, but the views are really good.

Paradise has a snorkel ladder into the water right there, so they’re very used to wet people and gear.

This website has maps and sample menus, so you can see for yourself what else is available, but the ones I mentioned are where we usually send friends that want to eat downtown near the port.

https://www.caymangoodtaste.com

We *loved* Cayman Cabana. Walk out of the cruise pier and immediately turned left. It is a couple of blocks away past where some folks are cutting up the fish they have just caught and which you might be served. We had a large group, and I think that was the only meal which made everybody happy.

• 3 weeks later...