Majesty Diamond situation

1 hour ago, tiki456 said:

It appears that Royal is eliminating Lounge and drink benefits for Crown and Anchor Diamond thru Pinnacle.     Without those benefits there is no reason to be loyal to one cruise line.   I thought this was only Majesty of the Seas but reading blogs it appears to be larger ships as well.   It is good that Virgin has a new cruise line, I will look at that next.    

Quite the ill informed over reaction 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is only access to the concierge lounge that D never had access to anyway and many ships did not even have a Concierge lounge.  

There is still a Diamond lounge. 

Agree, as built ship's never had them. When I first made Diamond over 20yrs ago we did have access to Suite Lounge. My kids dont care either way, SL, CL, DL, they utilize whichever Benefit offers at time. Some come, some go. Best Benefit I use now above 340 point SOLO, Balcony Disc plus multiple Military Disc scored last 2yrs. With these savings about every 4th Cruise is Free for me. Taking Cruise lot cheaper then first ones took over 30yrs ago...

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, tiki456 said:

Concierge available for a few hours at guest services desk. 

MJ doesn't have an assigned concierge and I don't think the ship has ever had one.   You are referring to the LA. 

MJ - Majesty Of The Seas

LA - Loyalty Ambassador

The elimination of the suite lounge on majesty of the seas will cause us to NOT travel on the majesty.  Unfortunately this is the only royal ship out of New Orleans.  

If the elimination continues to the other ships in the fleet, we will no longer travel on Royal Caribbean.  We received no notice of the elimination until we arrived.  We received some compensation for future cruise but no refund.  Will not be on a future cruise until we are notified of the policy going forward.  

Captain blamed it on a management decision in Miami. Captain was not pleased.  The diamond and pinnacle lounge also eliminated.  Allowed Max of 3 complementary drinks and some counted double.   

2 minutes ago, tiki456 said:

The elimination of the suite lounge on majesty of the seas will cause us to NOT travel on the majesty.  Unfortunately this is the only royal ship out of New Orleans.  

If the elimination continues to the other ships in the fleet, we will no longer travel on Royal Caribbean.  We received no notice of the elimination until we arrived.  We received some compensation for future cruise but no refund.  Will not be on a future cruise until we are notified of the policy going forward.  

Captain blamed it on a management decision in Miami. Captain was not pleased.  The diamond and pinnacle lounge also eliminated.  Allowed Max of 3 complementary drinks and some counted double.   

I sympathize wth you.

As there was no Diamond, D+, Pin, suite- lounge foreseen when MJ was constructed, Royal successfully worked around since many years by implementing a "happy hour/suite guest lounge" substitute venue in the VCL (for the daily 3 hour social event for C&As which also could be used by suites). That worked well until last week. So it is no discussion whether MJ has/never had in fact a C&A lounge but why they eliminated the Viking Crown Lounge work around. Why on the least attractive ship compared to all other newer ships sailing from Florida? Any marketing guru that may explain why benefits are reduced especially on this ship?

Is this a test for fleetwide implementations?

Anyway we sail on MJ in 2 weeks, fully paid, -if we had been informed earlier we could have easily switched reservation to any other ship. They just did not let us know! On purpose!?

MJ is definitely unalluring for us, we will sail other Royal ships in the future.

Edited by cgncruiser
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cgncruiser said:

...  Any marketing guru that may explain why benefits are reduced especially on this ship?

The nightly function was originally implemented by one particular HD and I'm guessing that the company wanted consistency with Empress which did not have this event.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

The nightly function was originally implemented by one particular HD and I'm guessing that the company wanted consistency with Empress which did not have this event.

Diamond event up there occurred as far back as the Monarch days. 

36 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Diamond event up there occurred as far back as the Monarch days. 

Correct and it was a surprise when they didn't carry the "event" over to NE when she rejoined the fleet.  Originally the event was only beer and wine too and was a surprise at the time on the Monarch and Majesty as they didn't have a CL and that is how the event started.  The few times I was on the Majesty the event wasn't attended that well but had what I thought was the best setup.  I always wondered how you could have something like that on one ship but then look at Empress and them have nothing.  Did make me rethink ever booking Empress (and since the removal of Cuba I've looked but never booked because of that.)  

I did four on MJ in 2019.  Top tier numbers from 3 were:  (can't find numbers from one cruise )

D      87    130   76

D+    32      36   17

P        2       12     2

121    178    95  <-  number of guests eligible for happy hour event

MJ has a double occupancy capacity of 2,350.  That yields 5.1%, 7.5% and 4% of the ship that were eligible for the happy hour event.

Let's say she didn't sail full.  I'll use 2,000 as a nice even number.  That's 6%, 9% and 5% eligible for the happy hour event.

Not all D, D+ and P will avoid MJ.  It may be old but it's still a wonderful cruise experience and sailing down the Mississippi is a unique experience that shouldn't be missed.  

The impact if some guests avoid MJ because there is no happy hour event is really negligible in the big picture. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

I did four on MJ in 2019.  Top tier numbers from 3 were:  (can't find numbers from one cruise )

D      87    130   76

D+    32      36   17

P        2       12     2

121    178    95  <-  number of guests eligible for happy hour event

MJ has a double occupancy capacity of 2,350.  That yields 5.1%, 7.5% and 4% of the ship that were eligible for the happy hour event.

Let's say she didn't sail full.  I'll use 2,000 as a nice even number.  That's 6%, 9% and 5% eligible for the happy hour event.

Not all D, D+ and P will avoid MJ.  It may be old but it's still a wonderful cruise experience and sailing down the Mississippi is a unique experience that shouldn't be missed.  

The impact if some guests avoid MJ because there is no happy hour event is really negligible in the big picture. 

Good number crunching

We've sailed the Mississippi on Carnival a few times, it was fun. 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 11:44 AM, Host Clarea said:

Was it the company or rather the present MJ Hotel Director who suggested to the company to get rid of the happy hour facility to enhance his senior management bonus scheme?

36 minutes ago, coaster said:

Rebranding the older ships like Empress and Majesty should be considered. Royal Classic maybe? Would help eliminate confusion and disappointment if these ships are going to have unique C&A policies. 

I agree with rebranding.  When you book RCCL you expect a certain perk as D+.  I had suggested Royal Lite when I called in but Royal Classic would work.  When I book American Eagle, I know that the plane will be smaller than the usual American Airlines experience.  I am booked on the Majesty for the Feb. 8th sailing so I am impacted by this sudden change.  I had checked out the reviews and was expecting what I will call a "nightly event" in part of the CVL.  I am sure we will all survive this but I will not be sailing on ROYAL LITE ships in the future.  I will stick to the RCCL regular fleet.

• Like 1