Majesty Diamond situation

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 5:44 AM, Host Clarea said:

The nightly function was originally implemented by one particular HD and I'm guessing that the company wanted consistency with Empress which did not have this event.

I'm guessing it was John Denton, an exceptional Hotel Director who really cares about the D+ cruiser.

18 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

I agree with rebranding.  When you book RCCL you expect a certain perk as D+.  I had suggested Royal Lite when I called in but Royal Classic would work.  When I book American Eagle, I know that the plane will be smaller than the usual American Airlines experience.  I am booked on the Majesty for the Feb. 8th sailing so I am impacted by this sudden change.  I had checked out the reviews and was expecting what I will call a "nightly event" in part of the CVL.  I am sure we will all survive this but I will not be sailing on ROYAL LITE ships in the future.  I will stick to the RCCL regular fleet.

We also booked  MJ when the "lounge happy hour" was still implemented. See you on Feb 8 on MJ, my first and -now I know-  last booking with this Royal Caribbean MINUS ship!

We are boarding in a couple of weeks.  I am in the middle of a project and really don't have time to read 11 pages but am wondering if anyone knows the status of the coffee machine?  I am already worried about my morning coffee.  LOL

29 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

I am in the middle of a project and really don't have time to read 11 pages but am wondering if anyone knows the status of the coffee machine?

On MJ? There's isn't one for D use like in DLs on other ships.

1 minute ago, truffles2 said:

So I guess that means there isn’t one on the ship for our use

No, though you could start a campaign with the F&B manager to at least add a coffee onto the Seapass card as they do on ships when the machine is out of service, or now that D+ have been kicked out of the CL.

1 hour ago, truffles2 said:

We are boarding in a couple of weeks.  I am in the middle of a project and really don't have time to read 11 pages but am wondering if anyone knows the status of the coffee machine?  I am already worried about my morning coffee.  LOL

There was never any machine on majesty because there was never any lounge. I believe Majesty had a diamond area in the dining room for breakfast, and In that area you could order a complementary specialty coffee. 

m

They did still have the separate Diamond dining area in the MDR for breakfast and there was coffee shown but I don’t recall what exactly they were offering. 

I just got my normal coffee in the Windjammer each morning and added a Cafe mocha  packet to it I had brought from home for my own specialty coffee.  

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

There was never any machine on majesty because there was never any lounge. I believe Majesty had a diamond area in the dining room for breakfast, and In that area you could order a complementary specialty coffee. 

m

Pins and Suites used to be able to have breakfast in Compass Deli above the Jammer. 

They had an espresso machine,  but it was notoriously cold

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 11:38 AM, yogimax said:

I'm guessing it was John Denton, an exceptional Hotel Director who really cares about the D+ cruiser.

But he really liked Pinnacles.

He's the reason I still brought a Tux on the MJ

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Pins and Suites used to be able to have breakfast in Compass Deli above the Jammer. 

Could someone confirm the Compass Deli suites and Pin breakfast amenity who is currently on MJ please?

49 minutes ago, cgncruiser said:

Could someone confirm the Compass Deli suites and Pin breakfast amenity who is currently on MJ please?

When we sailed majesty this past July, it was not offered. If we wanted, we could  sit in a designated D and above and suite area in the dining room. Or we could sit anywhere in the dining room and have the same menu, but no speciality coffee. 

So here’s an idea—— why not create an informal gathering in the same spot every evening during happy hour. It can be in schooner bar / Viking crown or whoever. 

You can put a post on the community bulletin board and spread the word through social media. That way, those who want to meet up with other cruisers can do so. 

There  are several daily  “standing“ meetings on the message board already. I’m not sure why a crown and anchor gathering couldn’t  be an additional one. 

just a suggestion

m

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2020 at 2:01 AM, John&LaLa said:

After contacting the ship , now I know this is fake information. Nobody from guest services remembers ever having a dedicated suite/Pin breakfast section in Compass Deli, no coffee machine.

It is really not helpful to post something from the 19xxs

Edited by cgncruiser

20 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

You guys all think anyone working for the company is your friend?  Really?  Look what happens when one tried to use a clearer head to do something nice for guests.  Shut down by a corporate bean counter.  

Shoreside bean counters yes.

But in this case rumors from onboard MJ say that present HD Rodney who is known to not "favor" the C&A program , triggered shoreside to abandon the happy hour event in VCL...........

7 hours ago, cgncruiser said:

After contacting the ship , now I know this is fake information. Nobody from guest services remembers ever having a dedicated suite/Pin breakfast section in Compass Deli, no coffee machine.

It is really not helpful to post something from the 19xxs

You seriously have a lot of nerve.

I said they used to, and FWIW, this was on our last Majesty sailing from Pt Canaveral. 

January 6, 2018

Not 19xxs

• Like 3