Majesty Diamond situation

8 minutes ago, RCLDIAMONDIAM said:

yes, they do, but I know in the Oasis, they moved the D lounge from a great location mid-ship, with windows looking towards the open back of the ship (where Wonderland is now), to the same windowless smaller space down on 4 where the comedy club, etc, is.  huge downgrade in location.

However this great location(old concierge lounge) was moved from the original windowless smaller space location on deck 9.after the first drydock and was never meant to be the permanent location.

On 2/20/2020 at 4:58 PM, davekathy said:

Bummer. I get it about the diamond event being discontinued and slow service. Sometimes we gotta make adjustments on the fly and play the hand we are dealt.  I would have had no problem first voicing my dissatisfaction with the LA and the followed that up with an Email to the CAS when I got home. Other than that little bump in the road I hope you had an enjoyable cruise..  

We loved the Majesty, otherwise.  Plus, sailing out of NOLA is like a super-port, and we were there for 4 days before the 1st cruise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

However this great location(old concierge lounge) was moved from the original windowless smaller space location on deck 9.after the first drydock and was never meant to be the permanent location.

Was originally on Deck #6.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 8:31 AM, cruisegus said:

Seems like no one commenting in this thread remembers that Empress was returned to RCI fleet in May 2016 for one reason and one reason only, 4 and 5 night cruises to Havana.  At that time cruisers that elected to sail on that ship were willing to forgo some amenities do to the itinerary. 

Majesty had the faux  diamond lounge while she did 4-5 night cruises to the Bahama's from Florida.  Now RCI has moved her to NOLA doing 7 night cruises, so the type of cruisers you attract are more apt to expect the standard Royal amenities, which are definitely lacking on Majesty.

MJ ran 3/4 night out of Port Canaveral and had the Diamond Event. 

My husband and I will be on Majesty over our anniversary in 2021. It’ll be our first cruise as diamond. Is there any special coffee for Diamond and above on board? Not a big deal if not; we’ll just get him a refreshment package like always, but just wondering so we could maybe save a few bucks 

3 minutes ago, Holmie said:

My husband and I will be on Majesty over our anniversary in 2021. It’ll be our first cruise as diamond. Is there any special coffee for Diamond and above on board? Not a big deal if not; we’ll just get him a refreshment package like always, but just wondering so we could maybe save a few bucks 

Only at breakfast in the Main Dining Room. There is seating for D and above where you can ask for specialty coffee with breakfast.

10 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Majesty has had the loyalty happy hours in the VCL for at least 4 years. 

Great, but that doesnt answer the question.

I guess I need to look up when was MJ in Pt Canaveral.

Majesty came to Pt Canaveral in May 2016. 

Roughly 4 years ago. 

So I'm guessing the expanded HH in the VCL coincided with the move north.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I gave him the information he needs to answer his question. 

Since I don’t live in Florida, I don’t track the intra-state movements of ships. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I gave him the information he needs to answer his question. 

Since I don’t live in Florida, I don’t track the intra-state movements of ships. 

But you didn’t answer the question?  Did Majesty have a Diamond Event prior to moving to Port Canaveral?  Another good question, was John Denton the HD when she was ported down South?   

31 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But you didn’t answer the question?  Did Majesty have a Diamond Event prior to moving to Port Canaveral?  Another good question, was John Denton the HD when she was ported down South?   

I'll bet @Paulette3028 knows. She was the South FL authority on Her Majesty

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I guess the next question would be when did JD start on MJ. I have it from good sources both here and otherwise, it was he who started the Diamond Event. JD did lots of things above and beyond. 

He definitely elevated the Coco Cay experience back before Perfect Day.

And his dinner tables were a blast 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Majesty came to Pt Canaveral in May 2016. 

Roughly 4 years ago. 

So I'm guessing the expanded HH in the VCL coincided with the move north.

They had the Diamond HH with hot and cold served food in the VCL back in 2014 sailing from Miami.  

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Don't recall; I don't pay much attention to that information.   

It was a nice event. 

Favorite spot so far; really enjoy VCL. 

I always found the layout to be awkward for anything other than looking out the windows. 

The circular path around it was to narrow. Little open space. And the rock wall addition messed up the back view.

But the biggest pain in the butt is having to switch elevators to get to the MDR for dinner😉

• Like 1