Bliss 1/5/2020 sailing from NYC

PistolPete13

5 hours ago, KateQ22003 said:

I am trying not to be disgusted by the pictures of people's feet on pillows and couch cushions. Kind of skeeves me out!

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Feet on the pillows should go to NCL marketing, gee ... great publicity, freestyle.  Not. 🙄 😲

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Okay, the feet on pillow thing REALLY grossed me out. Who does that?!? I don't even put my feet on my throw pillows at home! Pillows are for heads! So so so gross. How do people think this is okay?

Funny thing is I later saw a gentleman lay out horizontally on the Waterfront couches with a pillow below AND above his face  (think sandwich).  After a few minutes asleep, he proceeds to have a coughing fit while holding the pillow to cover his mouth.  Unbelievable.  I had a good laugh before going back to my book.

Believe me I didn't set out on purpose to look for stuff like this.  The observation lounge was wall to wall people during the last two sea days coming back to NYC due to winds and low temps outside.  I can fully understand if you take a quick nap while sitting on a couch while reading or enjoying the view.  I did this version of a subway sleep a few times as well.  But it seems there were many who decided to long term sleep fully spread out across a couch with towels acting as blankets.  Maybe we need a guppies class where the kids are given markers so that they draw on all the sleeping beauties faces?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Maybe we need a guppies class where the kids are given markers so that they draw on all the sleeping beauties faces?

There was a thread last week about how to "solve" the problem of people sleeping in the Observation Lounge. This is the best suggestion by far!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Okay, the feet on pillow thing REALLY grossed me out. Who does that?!? I don't even put my feet on my throw pillows at home! Pillows are for heads! So so so gross. How do people think this is okay?

I'm glad these pics were posted because now I know where I won't be putting my head.

If you saw someone with their feet on a pillow would you say anything like "You know people put their heads on those?"  I would....especially looking at some of those feet!

13 minutes ago, April42749 said:

I'm glad these pics were posted because now I know where I won't be putting my head.

If you saw someone with their feet on a pillow would you say anything like "You know people put their heads on those?"  I would....especially looking at some of those feet!

I would like to think I would say something.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I would like to think I would say something.

There were too many people looking for verbal battles, (especially in the elevators 🙄) 10 to 12 days into the cruise, so many times we had to press the ignore button and put the blinders on.

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

There were too many people looking for verbal battles, (especially in the elevators 🙄) 10 to 12 days into the cruise, so many times we had to press the ignore button and put the blinders on.

So true, never underestimate how cranky people will get after 10+ days away from their normal routines.  I consider myself very easy going but even my internal voice was telling me some very bad things about other people by the end of the cruise!

One of the worst offenders was the guy in front of me on the buffet line who insisted on examining every piece of steamed broccoli to see if it was worthy enough to be chosen.  MOVE IT ALONG!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, mamashamiller said:

Are the elevators on bliss as bad as they say?

Depends on the time of day and if major events such as shows in the Atrium or Theater are ending.  Both venues are near the front banks.  There are two banks of elevators, forward and aft.  The front ones are very busy.

I ended up using the stairs if my destination was 4 floors or less away.  Unless going to the buffet, the Waterfront and the main event areas are on floors 4 - 8.

Here's a photo of the very long pier at Harvest Caye.  Be prepared for a long walk.  They do have shuttles back and forth but it can be a very long wait during peak times.  At you can see it's covered most of the way to keep the sun off you.

Harvest Caye is a very nice private island for NCL.  It's much larger than Great Stirrup Cay but it's too away for the NYC cruises normally.  There are plenty of things to do and see on the island including a small wildlife zoo.  Even most of the passengers on the Bliss on the island, it never felt crowded and there were plenty of chairs available on the beach.  The same can't be said for GSC.

There is no include food or beverages on the island, it must all be paid for separately.  I'm not sure if you pay with your room card because I went back to the ship for lunch.

The day we arrived was super windy unfortunately.  Bad enough for my snorkeling off shore to be cancelled.  I ended up doing the zip line adventure.  I actually got stuck in the middle due to the wind blowing at me and my lack of weight.  I didn't have enough momentum to reach the end of the first segment.  I was about to pull myself across the rest of the way hand over hand but the crew ended up tossing me a rope and pulled me in the rest of the way.

ZE6_9265.jpg

ZE6_9268.jpg

On 1/6/2020 at 11:47 AM, April42749 said:

Question.....

I generally follow the pricing of the Jan cruises, and  until this year they went way down in price close to the sail date.  This year that didn't happen.  What we (those of us on the forum) were thinking is that they sold all the available cabins to a foreign agency and the ship would be loaded with non-Americans/Canadians.  Have you noticed this?

Hi @April42749,

Sorry I missed your original question.  

I did notice a very large portion of the passengers speaking French (France or Canadian I can't tell) followed by another large contingent of Russian speakers.

Most of the Russian speakers were older, think 70+ while the French were younger.  Many had 2-5 year old kids in tow.

15 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Day 8, Roatan, Honduras had an 11AM arrival so I had time to get the current Cagney and Los Lobos menus.

ZE6_8960.jpg

ZE6_8961.jpg

ZE6_8962.jpg

ZE6_8970.jpg

Cruising on the Bliss 4/5/2020 from NY to Florida/Bahamas for 7 days.  Plan to try Los Lobos & Cagney’s is a must.  Noticed prices at Cagney’s have some additional charges even if you have dining package!!!  Last 7/2019 I was on the Escape to Bermuda...loved it.  Upcoming cruise will be my fifth cruise with NCL & look forward to sailing on a new ship.  Thank you for the wonderful pictures 😎

• Like 1

Pete, There was an amazing picture of a sea turtle that I believe was part of the Port Canaveral stop.  Any more like that?  My wife would love more info on that if you get the time.  Last cruise I tried to do what you are doing and understand how hard it can be.  What you have done is amazing and far above anything I have seen on Cruise Critic.  What a way to build things up prior to our trip in April.  Thank You!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottnBobbi said:

Pete, There was an amazing picture of a sea turtle that I believe was part of the Port Canaveral stop.  Any more like that?  My wife would love more info on that if you get the time.  Last cruise I tried to do what you are doing and understand how hard it can be.  What you have done is amazing and far above anything I have seen on Cruise Critic.  What a way to build things up prior to our trip in April.  Thank You!

Thank you for the nice feedback.  I'm not much of a writer so I try to let the photos do the talking for me.  Unfortunately I haven't figured out an easy way to add comments to each photo as I use the bulk upload feature.  I have too many to upload them one at a time with comments.

Yes, those two turtles where playing on the industrial dock as the ship pulled in.  Unfortunately that was the only wildlife I saw from the ship for the entire trip.

love the pictures of Dzibanche. it is one of my favorite places, and I have been there several times......If you do a private tour there see if they can take you to Kinichna, which is just a few miles away. it ia a single acropolis. higher than any of the Pyramids in Dzidanche

• Like 1