Get SIM Card at Schiphol or Before I Get There

Please help me decide. I plan to get a data only SIM card for my trip/cruise. I will arrive in Amsterdam 4 days prior to a 14-day Baltic cruise. Should I wait till I get to Schiphol Airport to get the SIM card or should I get it online and have it ready before I arrive in Amsterdam? If I get it online it will probably cost less and I know for sure I will have one but it may not work in Amsterdam nor in any of the port stops of the Baltic cruise. Are SIM cards readily available at Schiphol Airport and what are my choices? Also do you know if the cruise ship (HAL Nieuw Statendam) will sail close enough to the seashore that I can still get cellular connection using the SIM card or do I really need to buy the ship’s internet plan. I plan to use the SIM card for navigation and web surfing. I don’t need to make any calls. Any and all recommendations for a brand of SIM card will be greatly appreciated!

21 hours ago, GabbiRose said:

Also do you know if the cruise ship (HAL Nieuw Statendam) will sail close enough to the seashore that I can still get cellular connection using the SIM card

Only when passing close to land will you pick up an intermittent cell connection.  In ports and for some of the sail in and sail away you will get reception, but after that there will be no cell signal.  The ships do not hug the coastline as they sail.