Beach day?

GoffCruise

So we are docking in Bermuda during our RCI cruise in July.   We have never been here. Is Bermuda a good stop for a beach day? I know some ports have better Beaches than others. We are also stopping at St Maarten, San Juan and Labadee. Can we just walk to the beach area from the dock? Any recommendations for this or an excursion are appreciated. TIA! 

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Assuming you are docking at the dockyard, there is a shuttle to Horseshoe Bay. 

But with that said, Labadee is a pretty much just a beach day. What would you be looking to do otherwise?

I wasn’t sure if the snorkeling or tours were worth while in Bermuda

I personally can't say (not much of a water person). The problem is you only have one day, so that limits things when you add in transportation time. I would expect most of your fellow cruisers will head to Horseshoe Bay. Some may go to Hamilton or St. George. Personally, I enjoyed walking around St. George and doing Crystal Caves. Also went to aquarium/zoo. 

There's the Bermuda history museum at the Dockyard too if that's your thing.

14 hours ago, GoffCruise said:

I wasn’t sure if the snorkeling or tours were worth while in Bermuda

"Nicest beaches" is a highly subjective thing but having been to the places you mention I would say that Bermuda will have the nicest beaches with St Maarten a close second. I'm not a huge fan of the beaches in and around San Juan (the nicer beaches in Puerto Rico are elsewhere) and was not impressed with Labadee (although there are plenty of other things to do there than just swim in the ocean). 

On 1/5/2020 at 7:13 PM, GoffCruise said:

So we are docking in Bermuda during our RCI cruise in July.   We have never been here. Is Bermuda a good stop for a beach day? I know some ports have better Beaches than others. We are also stopping at St Maarten, San Juan and Labadee. Can we just walk to the beach area from the dock? Any recommendations for this or an excursion are appreciated. TIA! 

Assuming you are docking at the RND, there is a beach within walking distance but is not recommended.  It has an entry fee of like $5 and is named snorkle park.  Not very high quality.

The best option is to do a taxi / mini-bus to Horseshoe bay.  Fantastic beach with facilities.  There will be a lot of people but you can keep walking down the beach to find space.

If you have a little time to burn after the beach, the Dockyard area has several neat shops, bars and a really unique putt putt course that has to be seen to be believed.  Really cool.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 7:13 PM, GoffCruise said:

So we are docking in Bermuda during our RCI cruise in July. 

I guess the other real question is whether this is a stop for just the day or are you overnighting like a lot of other ships do? If you are there for the day I agree that Horseshoe is going to be a great option. If you are overnighting you will be able to do other things on the island aside from just going to the beach. 

Horseshoe Beach is way better than the other places you mentioned. It'ts the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. Don't lass it ul. Get off the ship, take the $7 shuttle right to the beach. You won't be sorry.